Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Come on, act like an adult, Be false"

ChEmIcaL_NiGhT

Bluelighter
This is an inreresting quote from human traffic. (rigth at the start).
"Come on act like an adult, Be false"
I was watching the movie, and thought, HOW TRUE IS THIS COMMENT. We all act false.. Often, just think about it. To make people feel better, to make yourself feel better and a variety of other things.
Would society be better of if everyone acted more like children when it came to this?
This is one definately positive thing drugs have shown me.. How to be less false.. Epecially E. But all of them in a way.
Any comments guys?
Chem
[ 09 April 2002: Message edited by: ChEmIcaL_NiGhT ]

Im not false by any means.
I present myself (just not at job interviews) and people either like me or hate me.
I always tell people how it is, and I tell them the truth. If anyone disagrees they don't know me very well.
YES the whole 'e' thing can falsen things up, but after a while you can spot the 'e' talkers and the genuine article......
I will say we all wear masks from time to time, you can't tell everyone everything.
But I'd like to say what you see is what you get. :)

Hmmmm. Yes, interesting thoughts.
If we all acted like children, the world would be a very different place. Or would it?
We'd have fights over different pieces of land for no reason (see a difference?).
We'd have arguments escalating into wars with no real cause (hmmmm a pattern here?)
I don't think it'd be that different. We're false because we're acting like children anyway, but we're just denying it. Acting like adults, being false.
-plaz out-

As you mentioned at Hardware Chem, we are so lucky to have the friends we have now becasue we are all so UN-fake! How good is it?!?! :D I spose that is one of the reasons we all get along so well. (PLUR!!!) :)
i have learnt that being fake only makes you look like you aren't happy with your own personality, and are trying to impress whoever you are being fake to. Sure, if you want to let that person know you are sucking up to them for whatever reasons (which can be of your benifit if you know they are easily ego-stroked!) then by all means go ahead and show how transperent you can be... and maybe loose respect at the same time!
I went to a school with 3000 other chicks, and fucking hell... about 90% of the ones i knew were fake 100% of the time. I can say that becasue i have pretty good instincts when it comes to peoples personalities and how they treat others in general (and yes i do read minds for a small fee! ;) ), but seriously... i will know (most of the time) if someone is fake or not. If they are, i wont hold it against them, maybe just pitty their need to be fake - in a very non-patronising way tho!
I have noticed that a lot of people are fake for some reason when i first meet them, but then later on as we get to know each other better, they'll loosen up and be themselves. (where as i'm usually just quieter than usual (read: shy) unitl i get to know them better!) Drugs in that respect, depress inhibitions, and therefore allow people to "be themselves" without feeling insecure, patronised or threatened. So the fakeness dissappears. :D
Hey, why don't we just all be E'd up all the time?! then we can all be confident and accecpting - but without the ego. (I wish... but unfortunately our brains would probably melt!)
Is there much of a difference to being fake (and being good at it - eg. hard to rell if your being fake.) and self promotion (by a generally shy person)?
P.S. I hated my high school primarily due to the fact most of the people there were so fake. (read: bitchy, compeditive, slutty, unaccecpting, pretentious, spoilt, selfish, uncaring... oh, and did i mention fake?!) But apart from the other inhumane features they were soaked in, fakeness was the thing which made me both not like and pity them the most.
P.P.S. just so you know, so as to put this post in perspective: I'm comming down. :D

^^^^^
And that my friends, is why I'll never wear phat pants... :D
I don't give a fuck how I look anymore, anyone that's seen my hair will attest to that... but that's just me - if someone doesn't want to get to know me because of reasons like that then I don't want to get to know them either - it's like a filter of sorts and saves me time cos I don't have to deal with many fake people... :)

Im feeln for you Kirsty lol. on the come down
I always thought it was better to just b open and hay if people cnt handle it ...well its their prob

Damn Plaz you make way to much sense.
I don't actually think that as Adults (sometimes I wonder if I am an Adult) we are all that false, we just don't tend to reveal everything about ourselves. It goes back to the old adage of 'If only you really knew' which we all tend to say when people comment about our lives.

See I'll show how honest and not fake I am..
Pleo. Your a jaded fucker on the board.
But I very much enjoy your company. Even when you taunt me with Nine Inch Nails while Im coked up to my eyeballs........ ;)

*nods at bunny*
What you see is what you get... Purple hair and all :)
Unless I'm in the middle of an intense psychadelic experience, then I'm not really myself, I'm sure Kirsty could back me up on that one ;) ...but that's never going to happen again, so well, it's not important...
I think self-promotion (or egotistic behaviour) isn't fake if whatever the person is saying about themselves is true... They're just a cokehead, but they're not being fake...

I'm fake, so much of the time that it has ceased to be fake.
In my early teens, I hated the person I was becomming so much that I actively went about changing who I am. As a result I'm not really sure I know the real me anymore. I'm a real social chameleon, I can put myself in almost any situation, and be comfortable. However, because I rarely immerse myself in any one social setting, I never tend to quite get "it" if you know what I mean.
Some people may think this sad or pathetic, but I honestly love it. Most people are stuck with their one personality their whole lives, I can go through several in a day. It makes for an interesting, if maybe not 100% stable, existance.

I agree with anfalicious in the i often feel as though i have several personalities (maybe that has something to do with being a gemini) but i know that each personality is me.
I think that drugs can have alot to do with people getting comforable with who they are but their is also a lot of fakeness in the rave/dance culture scene. There are still alot of people who rave or take drugs to be seen! The ones who run around saying how they've had 4 pills and preaching PLUR!!!!! And also too many drugs too often will make you lose sight of tourself! Of course there are alot of people out there who will never take drugs yet know themselves very well!
I think that the reason people sometimes act 'fake' is that they either don't know themselves very well or are not comfortable with who they are. I can honestly say that i love me and i love being me so i have no reason to be fake. I sometimes act unlike me but thats only because i like playing people :) and i am aware of how i'm acting.
I don't have a problem with people being fake, good on them if thats how they want to live their life. I just choose not to be friends with them!

Oh, and Chem... you say "we all act false", well then if you've ever acted false around me - GEEZ, you must be good at it becasue you're one of the most genuine people i know! :D
And Pleo. Looking like you do may filter out the fake people, and that's a good strategy, but does that mean that the entire female race is fake, casue i don't see you're girlfriend anywhere buddy?! ha, joking dude. you're a fuckin spunk! ;) and what does anything have to do with PHAT pants?! They are not "fake". Hotpants on me would be "fake" (and fucking atrocious)! I too wear what i like, and Phatties are just "me", but not all the time.
(P.S. the comedown went away after i made my first post - i luv it how a good bitch can make you feel so much better! hehe.)

I woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning, so I'm not quite sure how to take that...

Pleo: Take it where it fits boy! ;)
Being fake is simply a cover-up for insecurities that everybody has. And if anyone says to me that they are secure in every single way, I can tell them to their face that they are full of shite!
Mostly, I'm not fake, which is why I think I find it hard to meet people and make friends. I'm a quiet person - not very outgoing. If I don't have anything worth saying, I won't say it at all. This probably gives the impression that I'm wierd, or a snob. But that's FAR from the truth. (Well, maybe a little wierd...) :)
Sometimes it's tempting to be fake to impress certain people, but it doesn't last - I can't keep up the show!!! It's easier just being myself, and if people don't like it, they can stick it. It's their loss anyway (or so I keep telling myself!) ;)
Fake people shit me, but sometimes, if you can see through all the crap, there is a good person underneath. Depends if you can be fucked sifting through all the shit! :)
What's my point??? Umm, I've forgotten. It's the first time I've posted in a while...
Them's me thoughts.
Dan :)

Decimal Dan...
Don't worry about if there was a point...you're post made heaps of sense :) ...especially the last part...with regard to people being fake...you make the effort to try and reach the person underneath, but sometimes it feels as though you're banging your head against a brick wall, and you eventually just stop caring...'tis a shame really.

Fake people shit me, but sometimes, if you can see through all the crap, there is a good person underneath. Depends if you can be fucked sifting through all the shit!
You couldn't of said it better DecimalDan. Sometimes u have to look past the bullshit.
Like every one I fear rejection and i think that explains the "fakeness". Also self confidence is a huge part of it and contributes to the "fakeness" . But once u get to know the person and get to know them better u become more confident to be yourself. In the end dosen't everbody want to fit in or be wanted?
[ 10 April 2002: Message edited by: Psy-Dancer ]

OK OK, I dont think you guy all got what i was trying to say.. I wasmore talking about "white lies", or pretending to like people just for the benifit of others etc etc.. or just to be nice..
Thats what I (and "Jib") where getting at. Say what you feel and do what you say..
Chem

As plaz said
Adult + Children = Humanity
Same inherent flaws in both adult and child and humanity more generally that is fuckin up the entire planet! I say be less false, be a northern hairy nosed wombat!
- the now employed tabernacle retreats to bed and it's only 7.06 (stupid job!) i stayed up later when i was a kid!-

*nods at Dan*
funny how people put up a front sometimes......
;)