Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

a general warning to perth bl'ers!

mr_fluffy

Bluelighter
the paranoia continues, but so do the raids. more perth bl'ers have been targetted by the police in the past month, so it seems that the surveillance of this board by the law continues. be careful out there, no we're not mr big's but it seems that what they're after is the mr smalls, the ones that go out and have a good time on the weekend. don't take illegal substances, and don't discuss previous drug use with ppl that you don't know. i may sound paranoid, and that's because i am. i don't want any ony to be burdened with a record, or with a jail term and fine just because they wanted to go out and have a good time. maybe sooner or later the police will realise that there's bigger fish to fry out there, but until such a time, remember:
Illegal drug use is just that, ILLEGAL! Don't do it, and if you do, be very careful, and expect to be dealt with by the police. Watch your backs people.

Although this is Perth specific, the warning needs to be heeded by everyone here. Be careful what you say on this board!
Another thing which I think is a bit of an issue at the moment and needs to be mentioned is the amount of blatent drug discussion that occurs in the Australian #bluelight IRC channel. Remember that IRC is just as public as the bluelight message board, so the same rules need to apply. Don't mention drugs you have in your possesion if you do have some (dumb move, but still - people do), and especially don't try to get drugs or ask where they are available from. This is what is called "an intent to commit a crime" and I'm sure a chat log that one of the lurkers is saving would be quite helpful in getting a warrant...
I'd like to hear what the IRC ops have to say about this, because I think some stricter rules need to be enforced.

To the police who are targetting Perth Bluelighters through this board, I ask you to reconsider your actions.
Notwithstanding the fact that this is a discussion board concerning an illegal drug, the majority of persons within this community are well adjusted, responsible citizens. Granted, occasionally we recreationally use illicit substances, but that is not prima facie evidence to support the high level of investigative and police resources you appear to be spending on this board.
No doubt the Sunday Times and West Australian has your completely out of touch and Media-savvy Drugs Squad Commander frothing at the mouth, due to criticism within their pages about the very existence of this website, and the "failure" of the police to take action. I understand that at times policing is political but arresting recreational users within these forums in such a manner is a disgraceful cave-in to media sensationalism, and tantamount waste of police resources.
I understand that due to it's nature this board will be watched. I agree with that strategy. And I also agree that drugs within society create problems. But targetting normal, responsible ecstasy users in this manner is inappropriate and short-minded.
I also understand that as Police officers you get to see the very worst of people, drug users included. It is understandable that the majority of police have a distinct anti-drugs stance. And I beleive I would probably choose the same stance as well, if I had your job. You are the people who are expected to, and held accountable for, fixing the fallout often associated with this drug use.
I urge you to pressure your superiors to pursue more appropriate drug enforcement policies, targeted at the manufacture and dealing of drugs. Avoid targetting users, which is the current stance within every enlightened and developed nation in the world.
Enforcing the law does not equate to justice when that enforcement is based on targeted discrimination.
[ 21 January 2002: Message edited by: pinger ]

very good info...Id never even thought of it before....lucky I just naturally keep stuff liket this to myself.have there been any Bl related busts in VIC?

Nothing that we've heard about harraser...
That definately doesn't mean that a) it can't happen and b) we shouldn't be careful too

I think that it would be sad if innappropriate police action (police do have a discretion in whether or not to enforce the law, so long as they act reasonably) and media crap-mongering were to lead to the demise or debilitation of sites like this one.
I know of many people who have chosen NOT to buy certain things because of information garnered from here. This site is primarily about harm-minimisation. Sure... it makes it easier for people to get good drugs. But the flip-side of that is that this site -and others like it - make it easier to avoid dangerous drugs.
Think people, think.
N.

My address is 74 Kangeroo Drive, Tustin, Ca 92714
btw- perth cops can suck a big fat cock.

sunne, good to see you over this side of the ubb world. and yes, you echo my sentiments EXACTLY.
and harraser, i can't believe you've posted in this thread as well. i only hope you did so AFTER the gaffe in the other thread.
and yeah,
*BUMP*

Sifu: im not 100 percent sure but i think intent may be enough evidence for a warrant to search. But i think u r right in saying that u cant get arrested on intent. But is intent the same thing as conspiring to commit a crime? and if so does anyone know what sections are needed to charge somebody with such a crime. ie what evidence would be needed, what would have to be said?

OK, so you might not get arrested, and it would probably get thrown out of court... but going through all that trouble is a major pain in the arse...
So regardless of whether it's "intent" or not, the points still stand: don't talk about future drug use, don't talk about drugs in relation to an event or location, and don't seek or attempt to sell drugs on the board.

Thanks sifu i wouldnt ask the question and not read the answer. But we have to remember that cops break the rules better than anyone so yeah what pleo said

I'm in shock from reading Sifu's post, constructive and informative, I was beginning to get worried, oh and then it had some funny, sarcastic stuff. *phewww*
Good work Sifu
Sarcastic/witty/funny/usless posts = 578
Constructive & Informative = 1

I urge you to pressure your superiors to pursue more appropriate drug enforcement policies, targeted at the manufacture and dealing of drugs. Avoid targetting users, which is the current stance within every enlightened and developed nation in the world.
your comments are usually beyond question, well thought out and worded... but unfortunately this comment needs attention.

i was going to launch into a hate filled rant about why are we being targeted for injesting substances into our own bodies and not hurting anyone else
but....
its all been said before.
So thankyou police of Perth. may you sleep easy knowing that you used valuable rescources busting kids with single pills while the Claremont killer is still at large, and Northbridge is still unsafe to walk at night.
Good work officers.