Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

FREE DOWNLOAD: Extras from The Act of Killing (executive producers Herzog and Morris)

psood0nym

Bluelighter
Jay-Shaw-The-Act-of-Killing-Mondo-Poster-2.jpg

Bittorrent said:
The Act of Killing is an award-winning documentary that examines a country where death squad leaders are celebrated as heroes. The filmmakers challenge the killers to reenact their real-life mass murders in the style of the American movies they love. Go behind the scenes of the Oscar-shortlisted film, with Director Joshua Oppenheimer, and Executive Producers Werner Herzog and Errol Morris. The BitTorrent Bundle features interviews, essays, and stills from the filmmakers. It also features notes from the front lines: the impact of the film on Indonesia, as documented by TEMPO Magazine.

The Act of Killing could turn out to be the most politically influential documentary of the decade, as well as one of the most disturbing and surreal examinations of the “banality of evil” that’s ever been committed to film. It’s incredible that the Indonesian militants that feature in it, many of whom retain positions of power, agreed to participate at all. They’re quickly revealed to be insensate goons who desperately shield their consciences behind a flimsy conception of moral relativism. Their many on-camera boasts include sadistic tortures they claim rival those of the Nazis, the rapes of communist women and their children, abusing political power for personal profit, and poaching black rhinos – recently declared extinct.

Despite their appalling lack of self-awareness, the documentary maker’s technique of having them reenact the genocide in the roles of both perpetrators and victims does finally jar the empathy of a major protagonist, and his ensuing mental breakdown from the guilt is more sickening to watch than it is satisfying. Nevertheless, The Act of Killing obliges close examination from viewers, and the willingness of its creators to partner with Bittorrent and offer the extras for free is a testament to its importance.

Included in the free download:

• VICE Presents: Werner Herzog and Errol Morris on The Act of Killing [Video]
• Democracy Now! Joshua Oppenheimer Interview [Video]
• Essay: Errol Morris on The Act of Killing [PDF]
• Essay: Indonesia on the impact of The Act of Killing, TEMPO Magazine [PDF]
• The Act of Killing Stills [Photographs]
• The Act of Killing Trailer [Video]​

ActofKilling-Strangle.jpg
216175-the-act-of-killing-documentary.jpg

MV5BNzQ0NDA1ODQ3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQwMzk0OA%40%  40._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

The three posts from original deleted thread are quoted below

JoeTheStoner said:
GOOD LOOKING OUT ! been hearing about this.
Mandark said:
The title lead me to think the film itself would be free to download :/ Because it's not there, or am I just not seeing it?

The standard version is going to be released in cinemas in my country in a little over a month, but I'd rather see the director's cut.
psood0nym said:
Awe shit. I thought I had changed the title not long after posting to read "Extras from the Act of Killing" but I guess all that changed was the header at the top of the original post and not the title. I added a message in red at the top. I'm not sure what the policy is in different countries but I also added a link to the full movie theatrical cut for $4 on Amazon instant. It's also on iTunes ... and of course it's widely available to download illegally, heh.

EDIT: Ok I'm just deleting the whole mess to correct the title and quoting the two replies

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the full film is on Netflix Instant, and since I can't edit my posts I can't be faulted for bumping my own thread, so there.