• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom - what kind should I buy to help with opiate withdrawals?

LynnzyLynn

Greenlighter

Hey, guys.

So I'm tapering off of oxycodone [ about 1OO - 15Omg a day ], and I wanna get Kratom to help with the withdrawals. I'm cutting my doses every four days [ so 15 for four days, 8 for four days, 6 for four days ( doing six a day right now ), three for four days, so on so on ]. And I'm REALLY starting to feel the withdrawals. But what I want to know is what kind of kratom I should get, what's a good site for ordering it, and how much should I be dosing?

I THINK I'm supposed to get Bali Kratom, but should I get the leaves, capsules, or powder? And ANY info you guys have on kratom would be much appreciated~

EDIT: Also, does Kratom actually stave off WDs [ so like, could I replace kratom powder with pills every 12 hours, and I wouldn't feel the withdrawals? ], or is it used for relief of WD symptoms like benzos? And can one get physically addicted to Kratom, and are there withdrawals from it like opiates?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

♥♥Lynnzy

Definitely get bali, i'd suggest the leaf as it's usually cheaper and I find it easier to eat without inhaling/getting in your lungs. You need to get low on the oxycodone, preferably down to ~30mg daily, 60 maximum. You're probably going to want to take 4 - 6 grams every 4 - 8 hours, you'll have to see what works for you. [no vendors] Gradually decrease the kratom dosage after that. It CAN be physically addicting, it essentially is an opioid with a tryptamine skeleton, but is less so than traditional opiates, and easier to kick. Let me know how it goes! good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Red-veined varieties are good for opiate withdrawal, apparently; they're less stimulating.

No...you need to get powdered bali kratom bc it's the most opiate like strain. It will take your w/d away for a few hours. I found that other strains like Maeng Da, white veins, and thai to be less "opiate" like when compared to good ol' powdered bali. I don't think we can source on here but since kratom is legal, PM me and maybe I can help you w/ your questions.Good kratom will relieve your w/d for a while but won't get you high. You can still get addicted to it but the w/d from kratom is sooo mild compared to actual opiates. Good luck

I would get yourself 1/2 to 1 kilo of Bali kratom, powdered, and make a tea with 1oz of material. This should last you a whole day. Plan on drinking 1/4 of it at a time.

Save the grounds from your tea for a second batch. It'll be about 1/3 as strong as it was the first time. You can use it a third time, but I made tea with an entire 250g worth of grounds for its third tea and it was profoundly weak.

I'd plan on dosing every four hours, but you may need to do so more frequently.

I would also buy 10-15g of UEI or 'full spectrum red extract' which is supposed to be 2x stronger than gold reserve (and about 2/3rds more expensive). Plan on drinking the tea during the day and eating .5 to 1g of the extract at bed.

This is what you should plan on doing. It is almost certainly overkill, however, and it won't get you clean, it'll only get you cleaner. After a weak with that regimen you should be able to start reducing your daily intake.

I used it to stop withdrawal from a 4mg / day snorted Suboxone habit, and unfortunately I only had 250g. Perhaps it was because I was making a tea and not eating the material, but I went through that 250g in about 9 days. I then got 4mg sub and used that for 4 days before I went in and got my refill.

I still haven't decided if I want to stop using sub altogether our if I want to switch to kratom full time. I know I'm not ready to quit, though.

This week, back on subs, you know what I'm craving? Kratom!!! I can't wait to taste it again, to enjoy that awful taste and feel my mouth and face go numb from it. I'm gonna buy an ounce of royal Gold Reserve and split it three ways. 9.3 grams, or better if they measure a proper 28.349g ounce, that should be good. I haven't had gold reserve, which I think is just UEI, but I did have their full spectrum red extract and 1g was extremely strong.

I'm gonna try taking the gold reserve, just 1g per day, at bed time until I run out or cave and take more. Hopefully my check will be large enough that I can get a quarter kilo of powdered Bali again, too. That would be quite nice.

This vendor was also selling a premium old tree indo, with supposedly 2% mitragynine, but I tried 10g with no effect.

I would start away from maeng da. I found it extremely unpleasant when I was in withdrawal. The stimulation felt like yohimbine, and made me piss four times an hour. The next morning I took my kids on a long car ride to pick apples and I could not get comfortable because my right kidney hurt like hell. It was terrible. Maybe it was coincidence, certainly could have been, but I'll never use that strain at bedtime. Maybe it would have been better if I'd have remained awake the whole time and would have continued to empty my bladder every fifteen minutes for the next six hours.

It seems to vary so much depending on region and source....but, IMO, Maeng-da powder form Kratom is the only way to go...I've felt stronger effects from 6 grams of Maeng-da than from a half ounce of any strand of bali.

People react differently to different strains. In general people its advised to go with bali for opiate withdrawal and avoid Maeng Da Thai and other stimulating strains. But you need to try them all to know which one would be best for you. However all strains should alleviate opiate withdrawal symptoms to some extent.

Try some ultra enhanced indo... If you are used to the real deal then you will already have a super high tolerance and this may be your best option instead of consuming 10+grams of harsh powder.

It's different for everyone. I've tried 6 different strands and I'm 100% Kratom addicted. It has taken me away from opiates which has saved my life. I like Bali, maeng da, tawa Tua Indo and white vein. They all give me the opiatw effect and I mean strong than take a Percocet 10mg and it lasts so much longer. I take 5-6 grams in the morning and within 30 minutes I'm good almost all day. I only dose once a day and will only go 3 days in a row then stop for 2 or else you will get sicker than a dog! I made that mistake and was in bed for 2 days vomiting non stop. Literally lost 13 pounds in a 4 days period. So my advise, keep Kratom on hand. Try as many strands as possible until you find the one that works for you then keep it in stock but don't go over board. It will help you. I'm 6 months sober from opiates and any other drug THANKS TO KRATOM! I order the powder and milk. You can't mix it. I get a mouth full of milk and a spoon full of the powder and wash it down. It's horrible but so worth it. I'm looking to find a better way. The capsules didn't work for me. I didn't get any effect. I order mine from mmm speciosa and they send samples all the time and they are CHEAP! Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey Rose...I've only just been made aware of Kratom by a fellow member. I'm trying it for chronic pain management vs. the Oxycodone I am prescribed by PM.

I don't like the idea or feeling of taking Oxycodone. I have severe pain 24/7 that certainly justifies "big gun" opiates. I've been through trials of MS Contin, Fentanyl and Oxycodone. I don't know why my doctor hasn't tried the ER OxyContin, except that it's terribly expensive. He also seems to think the "abuse proof" technology hinders absorption for me. Absorption/metabolism is a REAL problem for me.

My story is detailed in my threads/posts, but I wouldn't force anyone to READ it in today's abbreviated world. :\

I ordered the Kratom (Maeg Da) in capsule form because I KNOW I can't get the powder down my throat without projectile vomiting. I've only tried it for 3 days, getting only a little more than 2 grams in one day. I know it takes trial and error to establish an effective individual dosage, but I don't want to take too much. I've really not noticed any effects yet, except a major headache the second day. (That could have been caused by the HEAT outside that day)

Do you think the capsule is preventing the delivery of Kratom? What would be my other options? You're right, the taste is HORRIBLE. I tried the "mix powder with honey and swallow" method. I spewed like a shaken soda! :p That WON'T WORK for me. I don't want to give up unless I've given this a solid try. I would truly welcome your suggestions, as I need pain relief and mood lift.

Although I limit the use of Oxycodone to tiny amounts (out of fear) I can see where the rebound pain could cause me to NEED more. I don't like that. I'm not looking for a HIGH...never have. I just need some sense of well-being so tha I can cope with multiple health issues and live a somewhat productive life.

Thanks

^^^

I doubt the capsule is the problem.

If all you have taken is 2 grams you just haven't taken enough yet.

That is an EXTREMELY small dose.

If you want to be sure to feel it I'd just go ahead and take 5 grams and if that's not enough take another 1 or 2 and you should feel it.

I think you are going more slowly than is necessary but I don't want you to have negative side effects, of which there shouldn't be many really most likely.

Hey Myco...I just saw your response. THANKS. I've taken 5 capsules @ 600 mg = 3 grams (right?) so far today. I admit I was "chicken shit" to go to far too fast, especially after reading the "heart issue/Kratom threads & posts. YOU were freaked, so I got freaked, too. 8o

I also "thought" I could only take it for 3 days per week? I will try to swallow another 3 capsules this afternoon, which should put me at almost 5 grams for today (right?)

Any suggestions from seasoned users of Kratom (especially for pain/mood lift) are most WELCOME. I wanted to see if it worked for me before I made a bigger investment in the product. I suppose (tentative plan thinking positively) that I can purchase the powder and capsules separately. Would that be less expensive or not? My husband has the patience to make the capsules. I don't.

:( Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I just got news that my baby doll Dalmatian is in congestive heart failure. She was being treated for a cough "due to bronchitis" for a week now. An x-ray this morning showed enlarged heart which is in failure mode. She's on IV meds at K9 hospital for 3 days, IF she survives at all. Neither my husband or I can breathe right now. Her "sissy" Dal is grieving her already. She is DEAF but you'd never know. She depends on her sissy to be the alpha! I'm not sure that she, my husband or I can handle this devastating news.

Hey Myco...I just saw your response. THANKS. I've taken 5 capsules @ 600 mg = 3 grams (right?) so far today. I admit I was "chicken shit" to go to far too fast, especially after reading the "heart issue/Kratom threads & posts. YOU were freaked, so I got freaked, too. 8o

I also "thought" I could only take it for 3 days per week? I will try to swallow another 3 capsules this afternoon, which should put me at almost 5 grams for today (right?)

Any suggestions from seasoned users of Kratom (especially for pain/mood lift) are most WELCOME. I wanted to see if it worked for me before I made a bigger investment in the product. I suppose (tentative plan thinking positively) that I can purchase the powder and capsules separately. Would that be less expensive or not? My husband has the patience to make the capsules. I don't.

:( Sorry if I'm not making much sense. I just got news that my baby doll Dalmatian is in congestive heart failure. She was being treated for a cough "due to bronchitis" for a week now. An x-ray this morning showed enlarged heart which is in failure mode. She's on IV meds at K9 hospital for 3 days, IF she survives at all. Neither my husband or I can breathe right now. Her "sissy" Dal is grieving her already. She is DEAF but you'd never know. She depends on her sissy to be the alpha! I'm not sure that she, my husband or I can handle this devastating news.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog.

Well, I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder so I sometimes freak about things but I'm no longer concerned about that study as it is FAR from definitive proof about any heart damage that might be possible from Kratom for all the reasons that Plasticity said.

600mgs is not 3 grams.

1,000mgs is one gram so 3,000mgs is 3 grams.

3 grams is still not enough for you to experience Kratom.

You should take AT LEAST 5 grams.

It's not necessary for you to go as slowly as you are going.

You said these capsules are 600mgs right???

So next time I'd just take 9 or 10 all at once and that would come I guess to about 5,600mgs = 5.6grams at 9 capsules or 6,200mgs at 10 capsules or 6.2 grams.

That way you should most likely feel it and see if you like it.

But like I said I don't buy capsules and never have so whatever you want to do with those is up to you.

It's kind of up to you from here on out but if you have questions ask people in the Kratom Mega thread.

There's no need to go so slowly with Kratom as it's not dangerous.

Try taking about 9 capsules all at once after a very small meal.

If that isn't what you want then next time take 10 or 11 and just keep going till you feel good but I doubt anything fewer than 8 all at once is going to do anything.

And I said that I PERSONALLY don't take it more than 3 days a week to avoid addiction, but that's just my own guideline.

If you still haven't even FELT it yet then you aren't in any danger of getting addicted and can just pretend you haven't taken it yet IMO and just think of whenever the first time you actually FEEL it is as your "first time" taking Kratom.

Good luck.

Hey there...gonna try this again. I posted a response earlier, but for whatever reason POOF! it's gone.

Yep, 5 x 600 = 3000 mg which equals 3 grams. So, I took that plus 3 x 600 mg = 1800 yesterday, for a total of 4.8 grams.

Today I've taken 8 x 600 = 4.8 grams, but will increase to attempt 10 capsules tomorrow for a total intake of 6 grams. This was a SHIT DAY to test dosage, because my pup died. NO AMOUNT of supplements or drugs can lift my sorrow.

I'm not giving up on Kratom. I'm going to continue until I reach desired effect. After all, it can't be much more dangerous than the outrageous amount of caffeine I drink...or the Oxycodone prescribed by my batshit loco doctor.

Oh, and I'm thinking I need to re-order. I need to research alternate method of somehow swallowing 10 capsules of anything. You see, I have a very small stomach pouch (surgically altered). There's not much room in there!

I tried mixing powder with honey to swallow, but my vegas nerve says HELL NO! :X I KNOW I can't swallow the powder. If I could get 1 gram capsules, but...If wishes were fishes, we'd want hushpuppies and fries!

Thanks, Myco for sharing info with a greenhorn. Believe me, you don't need to "explain" your anxiety issues. Right now, my gut feels like it's in knots. I can't swallow my own spit. I'm in full throttle ugly cry. My vet wants to test my 2nd Dal for genetic heart issues. Her heart may be a ticking time bomb, too.

Note to self: Last summer I cursed vehemently and cried out to God..."How much worse can things get?" SHINGLES in my eye/face! This summer, with the viral antibodies still rampant like the proverbial wolf at the door...feels like fire ants in my skin. My doctor proclaims "People commit suicide to escape this level of pain!" "You must avoid STRESS or it will slam the lid on your coffin".

My personal best "natural pain-reliever/mood lifter" is my 2 Dalmatians. As of Monday, out of nowhere...
One Dal dead from heart attack. Her surviving sissy may have the same genetic issue. We may lose her, too.

Again, feeling like JOB...I'd already be in the ashes, but my matches got pissed on! :p

I take my kratom with vanilla yoghurt. I tried toss n wash and just could not handle the texture of it. Almost every time some powder would end up in my sinuses. It mixes very well with yoghurt, and I can also tolerate it in a blender smoothie with fresh or frozen fruit. I use a mix of bali and maeng da. I use it when my tolerance for my script painkillers gets too high.

Being in a chronic pain situation sucks. I feel for you.

I'd recommend green malay if you can get a hold of it! The buzz is notably stronger and longer lasting than any other strain I've tried. Plus it gives me much more constricted pupils than the white and red strains I've tried, which to me suggests it's richer in opioid alkaloids...