• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

OK. Let's pull our heads out and do this...

B

blufluffybunny

OK... Do we think we can all agree to make a concious effort to make social better? Can we cut down the in-jokes? Don't be so quick to flame others or newbies asking 'old' questions (which are new to them), instead of typing something as quickly as we can just think about what we post and what we are trying to say?
Things like this will get social above what it is now (and YER, I am guilty of contributing crap.) As one BL pointed out to me "It's ok having one blufluffybunny in social, but you get others trying to do the same and it gets messy".
So I guess what I've decided to do is make a concious effort to up the standards of what I have to say in here. Of course, don't expect me to stop cracking a few jokes, but will keep things on topic, friendly and informative. I do feel sorry for the newbies sometimes and YES I know of a few who say they are worried about posting for fears of getting flamed, Backstabbed etc etc.
Do you want people to think of Bluelighters as this? Neh. I'd like to think that when people here that term they would say "Hey, you guys do a great job helping others. I found out 'this' from bluelight" ..yada yada.
I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL: "I dont know how long youve been on the site for, but im telling you, it never used to be this bad. there have always been 'cliques' or whatever you call them. just have a think about it. i dont expect you to be all serious and normal and boring and politically correct.
i just expect you to be reasonable. same goes for everyone else. wouldnt you prefer to have some meaningful discussions with like minded people? people that you havent met, and arent likely to? Social shouldnt be just about having fun and bagging your friends - we could all be discussing, debating, sharing thoughts, experiences, ideas, having fun too, yes. that way its a respectable forum and when the crunch comes some day, i want to be able to defend it from the druggies that think it should get closed"
And it makes perfect sense.
SO: BFB is no longer a post whore (Although I still expect to win the Golden Nang) But I will stand up first and endevour to make social a little fucking better! Shit, did you really think I would bow out of social forever?
WHOS WITH ME?
smile.gif

It all good until we make it better! Yep lets get social back to the friendly place we all know!
------------------
Dancing, the eternal quest to mash my ankles into dust.

*Shakes Bunny's hand* (<-- see, I'm not all serious either
wink.gif
)
I think the thread I started about third person posting was trying to make social a little too serious, and the thread Bunny started about Chill Pills was trying to make social a little too "jokey". I think this thread is the common ground that over 100 replies in both threads together were trying in some way to achieve.
smile.gif

Another important thing that I think has come out of this whole debate is the fact that people aren't going to like every thread on the board. Bunny has been big enough to admit his faults, so I think I should admit mine too. I wanted every thread to be accessable to everyone (or perhaps subconciously I wanted them all to apeal to me). I know now that in such a diverse group of people there's going to be things that don't interest me, so rather than blaming the "bad state of the board" I'm just going to ignore the threads I don't like.
I think in conclusion, if we all think before we post, make sure that what we write is relevant to more than just one or two people, and steer clear of threads we're not interested in, then the board will be just as good as it ever was.
smile.gif

There is hope for you after all
wink.gif
Well said
smile.gif

------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

We will probably all forget this in...one, two, three seconds. Twang!
I'm having a morbid day.

Yeah, we were doing so well - 4 thumbs up in a row aint bad!
smile.gif
If this is to work then everyone needs to remember this for longer than three seconds...
While we're at it, make sure everyone has a look at wazza's latest thread: Please make proper thread titles. He makes a very good point which hasn't yet been touched on throughout this whole debate type thing we've been having recently...

Nicely said Bunny...
smile.gif

And remember everyone, keeping this forum in shape isn't solely the responsibility of the moderators... There shouldn't be a need for authority figures in here...
Now, we're thinking of re-writing the guidelines, 'cos even though I thought guidelines shouldn't be necessary, and even tho they are all too often forgotten, there are still people who do pay attention and the more relevant they are the better...
So any ideas people? I think this thread should be ok to discuss some new guidelines...

i give it a week before this is forgotten and aus social reverts back to the lowest common denominator... *shrugs*
*wanders back towards big social*
-plaz out-
------------------
[ C E N S O R E D ]

Well, will you at least try? It's not too much to ask, and you've still got big social to post shit in (although they're sort of cleaning up a bit too)...

i've never been much of a poster here anyway... so i don't have much to cut down on...
-plaz out-
------------------
[ C E N S O R E D ]

nice one bunny.
WORD to yo mama, yo papa, broDah and yo whole extended family.
------------------
I'm a vegetarian not cause i luv animals. I'm a vegetarian cause i hate plants.

i agree...but for this to work, i think that the mods need to be a bit more hard-arsed.
not that they aren't doing a fine job now, but if people see the mods getting more strict, then maybe they will sit up and listen???
Maxi