Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Reality check and I love it!

Fine wine

Bluelighter
I just had the biggest reality check then. It made me get this sudden burst of euphoria and I didn't even have a pill!
Let me explain.
I just realised why my whole attitude towards clubbing lately has sucked, why my comedowns have been bad and why I've been unwilling to take a break from pilling.
I was laying on my bed thinking about how it used to be when I first started clubbing. How every drop used to be magical. These days it just hasen't brought the rewards that it used to and now I've realised why.
When I first started pilling I wasn't too fussed about the quality of the pill because back then I was in it for the music, the dancing and the scene in general. So on the occasions that I did get an mdma pill I would be even more blown away than usual and it would raise me to a wonderful level of euphoria.
Then when I first started to go to pillreports my attitude became alll wrong. I started spending too much time on the hunt for that perfect ten out of ten pill every time I went out. I now realise that it was at that time (a few weeks before easter) that I lost the plot and my motives for rolling became all wrong. I started looking for that totally euphoric experience simply from the pill regardless of my environment or attitude. From then on I haven't had regular breaks or hardly any nights where I'd go out without ecstacy. Consequesntly that perfect euphoria that I had been searching for hardly ever occured anyway.
I've realised lately that I've lost the magic and it's because I haven't had regular breaks. You can't help but realise that here at the wonderful internet community that is Bluelight. Unfortunately I haven't been able to force myself to take a break and that is becuase my attitude has been all wrong.
I just realised that I can have a wonderful time without pills and then when I finally decide to drop again after having a good break it'll simply enhance the night. I have finally realised that the reason you should take breaks is not just to get your tolerance down or your serotonin back up. The main reason you should take a break is so that you don't become reliant on pills. You need the time to remember the simple things in life and the basic pleasures of clubbing. Once you do that your mindset becomes right again for your next drop.
My main point that I really want to make is this: If you can't have a good night without pills then you're probably not going to have a good night with them becuase if you aren't happy with the environment that you are in then the drop will not be that good anyway becuase your set and setting are wrong. Even if the drop is good while you are in this bad mindset the comedown at the very least will be shit. I can guarantee it.
Don't use ecstacy as a crutch. Use it as an enhancer to your night and that's where the euphoria will come from. I knew this all along but for some reason now is the time where I've actually come to realise the important truth behind it. From my own personal experience a pill will never make you euphoric. You have to be loving the place you are taking it at and the people that you are taking it with before you even drop.
Basically you can't depend on the pill to make you happy. You have to be happy to start with. Then the pill will take you to the levels you want it to once you are comfortable with yourself and the situation you are in. I just can't stress enough how I've suddenly realised more than ever before the importance of set and setting. This doesn't just apply to drugs but to your life in general!
My life from this moment forward has changed. I'm going to Passion this weekend in Canberra and I'm doing it drug free. I'm going to have a wonderful time just like I did at my first dance party where I didn't drop at all.
Just for the record if you don't believe what I've said so far then let me tell you about my first dance party where I did go straight. It was Twitsed generation in Canberra with Ferry Corsten last year. I had a better time there than I've had at some dance parties rolling on good imports.
I haven't really said anything new here that people don't already know. All I can say is I wish I realised this early before I started my obsession with pills.
Pills are great. I love them and will be doing them for as long as I can. Just remember that they should be used to assist you to have fun because they will not create the fun for you.
I'm just so happy that I've been able to take my mindset back to what it was when I was having a good time with pills. I probably sound like a rambling idiot and I'm sorry if I do.
Don't make the mistake I did of becomming drug dependent. Treat drugs with respect. Don't abuse them like I did and don't expect them to do anything for you. Take a mature attitude and use them wisely. Then they will work in the way that you want them to becuase you have control over them.
Take breaks. Look after your mind and body. Don't develop an obsession over pills. Take the time out to clear up your mind. Don't get depressed like I did. I can now see myself realistically taking that extra long break that I've needed to take for so long now. When I come back to the pills I'm going to have a lot of fun.
Does anyone think I'm strange, odd or otherwise incapable of holding a position in our society? If you think I need help tell me. By the way I'm not tripping either and I never have and probably never will. "Yeah right!" I hear you say. I just hope everyone understands where I'm comming from because it is a valuable lesson and it took me too long in my opinion for me to learn it.
[This message has been edited by Fine wine (edited 30 August 2001).]

I think everyone at some stage learns this lesson. Thumbs up to you for realising it before it all got too out of control!
smile.gif

Thankyou for posting this in such detail. For those of you who just skim-read it I highly recomend going back and reading it properly, because it is very well written and very very true. Congratulations on your new more mature outlook, it's good to hear that people are still realising this. This is the sort of thing bluelight is designed for...
Best of luck with your future experiences - I'm sure they'll be even more valuable now.
smile.gif

Wow nice post, I was nodding my head in agreement as I read it and relating to much of what you said .. sending this back to the top ..

my kudos to you fine wine...i too have been thinking the same thing lately and you have expressed it perfectly...
i think there is an important lesson in there for both the newbie and the jaded...
big hugs to everyone
smile.gif

leecie

2 Thumbs up to you Fine Wine - good to know you are aware of what your doing and know things need to be mended.
Im going thru a slight reality check at the moment - pointed out to me by some ppl who care but dont understand the drug thing.
And i can see where they are coming from - thinking about it - the past couple of months I have been getting "fucked up" for the reason of wanting to go out and enjoy myself - be all happy like and shut out all the things that have been going on in my life for the past x months - i havent wanted to deal with issues and try and stop worrying about things.
Now its all come to its apex and i need to seriously consider what has been going on..... and sort things out before i end up losing out.....
------------------
No act is evil if you do it with a smile!

I'm glad you realised for yourself that you can go out without the chemicals
smile.gif

people can tell you all they want... but you need to figure it out for yourself.
Maxi

Good post, best I have read in quite a while.
I'm sure you're expressing quite a few peoples feelings at the moment - as Pleonastic says everyone comes to this point at some stage, I'm just about to go on a break myself to try to get some balance back into my life.
Thank you for taking the time to write this *shakes hand*
------------------
Token Signature: STOMPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i went thru this exact same thing back in may/june and took awhile off from the drugs but still went out for the music!
smile.gif
was all good..and ive cum to realize that i go out for the ppl the music more then the drug taking!!
smile.gif
now i don't tend to drop my pill until at least 2am...i run off my natural high till then and enjoy myself i think more then later on in the nite
smile.gif

mpangel.gif

Good too see man. I had that same relelation a while back and it does make it better. You eventually go back to your original thinking and realize what you are actually doing it for.
*claps* Excellent dude. very kewl.

Three phases:
honeymoon, conflict, resolution.
I said, nice one bruvva!

Superb, Fine Wine, superb. You represent a growing body of clubbers.
Enjoy the pills, but...
Enjoy your life more.
[This message has been edited by sneak2 (edited 31 August 2001).]

dunno what the bloody hell your talkin about you just need stronger pills thats all!! hehehehe j/k
Good on ya dude, you'll find pills become less and less what it's about, and you'll be heaps happier

Excellent Fine Wine!
Not only am I going to bookmark this thread, but I'm also going to save your post incase something happens to this thread sometime in the future... Most of us have come to understand what you did, but I don't think i've seen it summarised so well before...

Nice post! You should be a writer, so well said!!! Think its wht a lot of us think, but dont know how to word it properly, or cant be bothered to do so.
Ive also been through that of recent months, and as Chuppa said, i go out more so to clubs for the people rathr than the music, with the exception of a few places and events.
Ive realised because of the damn tolerance thing, im gonna need a lot longer to recuperate and break to get the same effects i used to...so im just cutting down like all hell when i go out.
smile.gif
Good luck to you, and have fun tonight at Passions!

BTW, ^^^^^ that post up there, its me, Taliana...im at work and i forgot my password. hehe...praise the gods for letting me sit on the only pooter in the call centre with internet....bwahahhaha
smile.gif

too true...
very well said dude, i honestly had no idea how to write down what i felt when i went through a similar thing. this is something i think all people who take pills should read, cos they either have, or will, experience it. and the beauty of it? this is a normal person. this is not the standard 'i was taking 8 pills a weekend for 2 years and lost all my friends' story...this is a story that is relevant to anyone who takes drugs recreationally, even at the lowest level...
well done dude
smile.gif