Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

*PRIORITY*

B

blufluffybunny

I was shopping for food today and it came to $120 and I thought FUCKN HELL! Then walking to the car i realised the weekend b4 I had spent like $250 bucks on pills and whizz and didnt think twice about it.
Now, that night lasted about 48 hours right. Good fun, lotsa luaghs etc. But my food will last me over a week EASY....
Then I thought, why is this so? Why do I balk at $100 pants or $200 watch (etc etc) but dont seem to mind coughing up $200 for drugs? When the latter only lasts me hours, and the other stuff lasts a lot longer?
------------------
Before you give someone a peice of your mind, make sure you can get along with what you have left :)

Personally I'd balk at spending $200 on one night of drugs too... but that's just me.

the intensity of emotion and feeling is much greater with drugs, and the percieved benefit from drugs is much higher. food does not stir as much emotion in our heart as a good night out on the drugs.
------------------
With you...

blufluffybunny......
dats easy......dose $120 of groceries, $100 pair of pants or a $200 watch give you the wonderful ireplaceable feeling of good quality MDMA, whizz or coke when you go out and party and have fun?
i think not.
we all have our priorities, but if you really want to ENJOY yourself properly this should not be a real concern....my opinion anyway.
next time buy less groceries for the week coz you won't be eating the day after a big one anyway!
i'll sleep on it.
------------------
You know the drill,
Slam down that pill!

if you came here looking for a justification for the above line of thought i'm afraid you are in the wrong place

At least spending money places on drugs places less emphasis on material possesions.
Instead of persecuting junkies for only owning a matress, we should praise them.
wink.gif

You could almost say that this thread belongs in the dark side forum. I got paid $550 one fortnight. $400 went into pills and that left me with $150 to live until the next fortnight. I'd never do it again (I hope). I'd find it hard to justify doing something like that again. Therefore I consider it to be a problem or at the very least I'd look at it as one of the disadvantages of using drugs. Either way it's not a good thing no matter how much you value the mdma experience.
smile.gif

yeh i think this has happened to everybody in this kinda scene at one point or another.
i usually end up pulling money out of my ass
or goin for something a little less pricey.
think of it this analogy, students like me are poor, so i can't afford to go out and spend $70+ if i go out drinkin, so i drink goon. yes its a horrible fact but i do it.
but drugs do bring alot more fun than the same $$$ amount of food.

Bah, give me the groceries... I do a really mean red chicken curry. From scractch with a fresh paste, it beats half the dodgy pills floating around for sensory bliss.
wink.gif

/arrogance off

Hmm, if I spent $250 on drugs it'd last me at least a month, more likely two, and that's only if I went out one night every week, and I wouldn't do that (or if i did, i wouldn't take drugs every night)
If I spend $120 on food, I'm either buying supplies for a party, or stocking up for a couple of weeks...
Yeah I think I've got my priorities straight...
If you know how to do your shopping, you don't need to spend that much, on either the food or the drugs... Its not really that hard to make $35 of food last a week for one person, not if you buy fresh food...

that figure was really an example. BUT.. I do eat A LOT of food.....
A lot.
Anyway... i suppose I have found a nice balance. Dont go out 4 a while, save up cash, buy food, party hard, have something to eat when I come down.
Sweet.

Mr_Fluffy-
food does not stir as much emotion in our heart as a good night out on the drugs
..it really depends on who you are talking to. A chef might disagree, someone who is passionate about food may disagree (like me), and besides, you don't get comedowns from food (unless you consider indigestion or flatulence a comedown
wink.gif
)

I hear you dj ezidick.
Being a uni student makes it hard to get by sometimes. I have 3 jobs on the go, whilst still accumilating a HECS debt. Uni can be thought of as the toughest (financial and mental) time of a persons life, but its also the most fun and rewarding.
I can only afford to go to a few shows here and there, but when I do go out I fire up like a demon of the night! Muah ha ha haaaaaaaa.

Fucking hell!! You guys must eat a shitload!! I do the weekly shop for 3 people and 2 cats, plus put in a few items for myself for when I get the munchies/go raving and it still comes to about $120-150. I don't know what you eat Bunny, but that total for 1 person is mad. Maybe you should cut down on the gourmet foods??
For me, spending more than $75 for party perscriptions in one weekend is insane. I'm a student, so I suppose I know how to prioritise...who needs to eat anyway?? I'm sure lo_lo will agree...
------------------
You startin' shit??

But you have to remember that good food is good
smile.gif

Life is too short to drink cheap wine- Sander Kleinenberg
------------------
But who needs a car, when you've got a pogo stick

not justifying spending that much but you will be talking and reminising and laughing over 'that crazy night' but you wont be running up to your friends, high fiving them over the canned spaghetti you bought or, 'remember when we bought those white chinos, that was great'
------------------
quick man, kick me in the junk

OK let me tell you all my priorities
smile.gif

Food is good!!! it can satisfy my hunger, taste good and comfort me!!!!!!!! Yes I'd have to agree with Samadhi is can stir some emotion!!!!
Drugs can bring good and bad times.......$200 worth has to last me awhile!! not just a weeks worth!!
------------------
SILENCE!!!!!!!! Your insolence will not be tolerated - Dr Evil

you guyz r just not hardKore nough!
if u eat nough drugz, you wouldn't be wasting ur money on food!
ppfftttt!
who needz food when u can eat drugz!
------------------
Hear not the sound of silence.