• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Upcoming TV

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
A thread for new TV shows or season premières.

By my count, Jan/Feb are going to be good months for TV:

-Justified (January)
-House of Cards (February)
-Vikings (February)

What else is everyone hanging out for?

I guess Game Of Thrones is coming back sometime?

I'm really looking forward to justified and vikings tho, probably more, I just dont know when they come back on till they do usually, unless I hear it on here or something like that.

Black Sails: January 25. This will probably be good, but the trailer makes it seem really self-important:

I get the sense that these are made-up Thespians, not drunken, chronically-unshowered criminals who probably smelled 100 times worse than the homeless guys downtown.

The Americans begins its second season in February. Last season was, in my opinion, sublime, but many people are very opposed to this show because the protagonists are commie spies. Russians on the IMDB message board have also expressed outrage at it because it featured a black KGB guy, and a Russian woman having sex with a black guy.

Very underrated show though. The production isn't heavy-handed and the acting makes me sympathize with people that I should regard as enemies: very much like Homeland.

I just read Jim Jefferies (the Aussie comedian) show 'Legit' starts again for season 2 in Feb. I'm looking forward to that.

IFC's The Spoils of Babylon could be pretty great. I'm hopeful.
It's co-starring Haley Joel Osment, who has gotten bizarre looking, to say the least.

Archer - Jan 13

archer-season-5-poster-lana-pregnant.jpg

^Hannibal was really good, but they should serialize it more. The serial-killer-of-the-week thing gets kind of silly. It should take a cue from Dexter, which realized that early on.

Also, they can't go pulling episodes every time there's a mass murder in real life.

Yeah, archer and rick and morty. wish there was more of that unsupervised as well lol.

Yeah as far as I've seen, that's it so far. Pretty weird, maybe they just had a break over xmass/NY and when it comes back on it will still be season 1? I dunno.

I get the sense that these are made-up Thespians, not drunken, chronically-unshowered criminals who probably smelled 100 times worse than the homeless guys downtown.

I never really took Michael Bay for a realist anyhow.

I do imagine epic naval battle scenes though.

MadMen_Poster.jpg

The series finale of Mad Men will be premiering this year. I've heard that the season will be split though, actually showing the last episode of the series in 2015.

A new HBO series titled "True Detective" premieres on Jan 12th. It stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.
A string of murders, lotsa cops, criminal underworld, etc.
Doesn't sound like very new material but being that it's HBO and there's some relative heavyweight actors/producers involved, I am optimistic.
It looks very dark, multi-layered and violent. Good combo, IMO.

http://www.darknessbecomesyou.com/

The series finale of Mad Men will be premiering this year. I've heard that the season will be split though, actually showing the last episode of the series in 2015.

Oh. Wow. I knew there was stuff I'd forgotten about - can't be too far off either, like April or something IIRC

A new HBO series titled "True Detective" premieres on Jan 12th. It stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.
Doesn't sound like very new material but being that it's HBO and there's some relative heavyweight actors/producers involved, I am optimistic.

Awesome!

I was going to mention this show. The first ep was good. I'm a bit of an avid tv viewer, and would've given it maybe 7.5/10. Only difference is I know it is just going to get better and better with each episode!

Also looking forward to new 'Orange is the new Black'.. And being out of the States, I have to say I'm looking forward to the newer series of Nurse Jackie

I watched the first episode this week. I like it so far.