Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

**** Beneath the Mirror Ball. Comments ****

Never Mind

Bluelighter
So what did we all think?
I thought it was a farily good representation of the scene in general (but they didn't have any NRG).
Apart from totally fucking up they xtc actually works (not stimulating the brain to produce seratonin, rather releasing it all) they did a pretty good job.
Well done to Tars, Johnboy and all others involved.
I didn't particularly agree with the whole political thing. I think it held too much of the show.
Points to note:
Who was the bird in the big hat and green two piece??? ahem.
Did you notice the guy and girl who were on last, did ya see their jaws?? 100kp/h grinding!
Oh, and as for the dancing in Sydney, well, I'm coming up to show you all how its done in three weekends time!
BASS OUT
------------------
Dancer, mid 1978 model, located in Melbourne, Well worn in example, a few squeeks here and there but maintained to usual standards. Cosmetically very appealing, but comes with no reg, no RWC, fuck all brakes, bald tyres, good amps but no overload protection or output filter once turned on, fired up and fed the right stuff. For more info, please call 1900 BASS JUNKY
FEEL THE BASS, let it work you into a frenzy....
[This message has been edited by Bass Junky (edited 04 June 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Bass Junky (edited 04 June 2001).]

I thought it covered the 'scene' pretty well and was fair in it's approach. It did cover the topic of drugs but it did not sensationalise it (I was surprised to see it did not touch the drugs topic until a while into the show). Well done to the ABC in my opinion.

Nothing much About bush DOOOOFS. thats good.
[This message has been edited by MR. D (edited 04 June 2001).]

Haha at the girl with Fergus!!!!!!
She put her foot in it & Fergus was trying 2 cover up for her....
Also apart from Jules, Johnbar and Tars... where was the Melbourne representation : ie the filming of Melb parties?? Every1 knows we rock the hardest and I wanted 2 see the Melb Shuffle on TV!!!!!
MAYDAY? what did that have 2 do with the scene!?!!!
They did OK for a media presentation but I dont think it showed the essence of raving at all>!!!!

It was all pretty good.
Don't think the links with activism and such are as strong now as they have been or were portrayed.
Loved the police officers talking about how little violence there are at raves.
Kudos to all that worked or were involved in the project...
smile.gif

------------------
caution: raver pr0n involving elmo... (884Kb)

well they kinda showed tars and icfml dancing superimposed over the pics of the pills. nice shots of johnboy, cammac and mr horse's arms????
they also showed some dodgy pics of me .... girl on the couch next to tarsy. but they missed us all dancing at the doof
frown.gif
and the sweet, sweet sounds of sleiker in the background
frown.gif
frown.gif

oh well, not a bad little show but i agree about the over emphasis on politics - good to stress but just a little too much screentime IMFHO
bk
------------------
Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered .... I have fought my way here to the castle, beyond the goblin city.....

oh for fux sake, i missed it
frown.gif

did any1 tape it?
------------------
B.T.S.O.M.
-When the lights are out, all woman are beautiful-

As a whole, "Under the Mirrorball" provided a generally balanced view of the different aspects of the dance scene - I found what Simon Paige had to say particularly interesting and valid.
I'm not sure I agree with the emphasis placed on politics... towards the end it began to look a little ridiculous, but despite portraying some of the more "far-out" aspects of the scene as standard, it was quite enjoyable.
A small gripe, albeit minor, was all the talk of youth taking drugs, then half the footage showing people over 30 (or at least looking that way)
Overall, compared to other representations of dance music I have seen, Four Corners did a reasonably fair job - something didn't seem quite right however *shrugs* I'd be interested to hear what other people thought.
Not what I expected, but still a job well done in the scheme of things.
-- KompleX, I taped it... if you're in Sydney, msg me
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by isfael (edited 04 June 2001).]

*laffs* at the kelly chick with fergus. i don't know who she is, or what they edited out... but she came across as somewhat of a moron. prolly cos she was on a killer comedown at the end, but even beforehand the raver cliches were all trotted out for a look.
otherwise, i thought it was excellent.
and i even sat down with my mum and watched it
wink.gif
she was sitting there going "geez, i couldn't handle all those people and lights... i'd feel sick!" and i was sitting there going "mmm.... lasers....."
and they showed someone clicking on one of *MY* BL threads ("first time tripper")... YAY!!! FAME!!!

the program was really good n positive. very nice take on the usual. twas good to see some familiar faces on there...hahaha...u all know who i mean...here is a few ponts i'd like to highlight tho:
1- HOW SCATTERED was that chick in the morning??? (push 7 if u r extremely s-c-a-t-t-e-r-e-d....BEEEP...)...oh and ultra paranoid...lol
2- some yummy bics showed
wink.gif

thats it...well done to people who made it and contributed to it and the people that were on it...its a start to making our parents n other people who r against raves n eccies understand the whole scene a bit better.
oh...and i'll finish with OUR moto... PLUR
biggrin.gif

mmmmmm ...... that's why i was disappointed they didn't show any footage of us down at the hall/doof at corndale. AWESOMEST music but totally not what you'd connect to the rave scene (at LOT of stoned, drunk under-age kids running around) ..... thought it would have provided an interesting comparison to say the brisbane mayday adventjah and home.
bk
btw
that kelly chick is from the adventjah mailing list (brissy rave mail list) .....

My father is the former executive producer of 4 corners, he left due to a disease he contracted on the job a few years back. He still works in the ABC though.
I got a few suspicious looks throughout the show, as I showed no signs of suprise when they mentioned anything remarkable about ecstacy/its user... And also as I was tapping my foot to the beats, most of which I recognised =)
My father said it had been "put together well", then continued the rabble about some of the people he still knows there and how they made a good job of it...
I thought that I'd have something interesting to say with an point of view from the inside of the show when I started this post, but it's all dodging me now...
In my opinion, a job well done... Does anyone agree with me that if a more commercial program like Today tonight did a show on the same topic, it'd be waving the finger at ecstacy as another pollution in our society, rather than explaining the effects, etc?
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

hehehe
did everyone see the "to plug or not to plug" thread??
*giggles*
I was waiting for someone to comment about that stupid "I mostly take drugs to keep me up all night" chick.. am I the only person outraged at her stupidity?
Do you think she is really that dumb or they make her come across that way? And were they toasted when they were saying "Music is god"???
Really!!!
By the way.. love the beads, icfml... go the DFC.. hehehe...

I thought it was about time to see something a bit postive about drugs for once....I think they did a good job and diddn't make up a hole load of shit up which i was thinking they would
smile.gif
wink.gif

*PLUR*

In defence of the chick (you all know who I'm talking about), everyone says something silly when they're chopped. Unfortunately for her sake she opened her mouth and spat it out, it was a bit cliche tho that everyone is sketchy and wont look at each other in the morning (straight from human traffic). There's nothing better than laughing at sketchy dudes in the morning tho.

They did a really good job except for the politics bit. Really factual and for the most part, unbiased. I'd recommend a tape of that to nearly anyone who has problems with their folks or friends understanding what they do most weekends. Hopefully this smashes the stereotype that the media is always out to get us hehe
wink.gif

Hey i've got a great idea next time i'm rolling:
How about we stage a protest and try and change the world!
PLUR

The poor lass! But from what I can tell, she must have been wearing some awfully tastey lip-gloss
wink.gif

Thought it was pretty balanced and fair. I think it's a little unfair to flame people over sketchy comments made during a comedown! Made me homesick for Adventjah! Hope my Dad was watching and now understands a little better.
------------------
"You drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

It was on TV. She should've been more careful, thats all.
Like kept her mouth fully closed!!!
wink.gif