Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

cool and funky comedown CD

rockee

Bluelighter
oooh, just bought St Germain - the Tourist yesterday...if you're looking for a smooth, funky, jazz fusion (like that?..jazzzz fusion...
wink.gif
) comedown chillout CD..this is it....
move over Kruder & Dorfmeister!! teehee
smile.gif
it's gonna be another sunny sunday afternoon fave...

Yep, I can definitely second that nomination - I bought it a month or so ago and its been on heavy rotation on my stereo.

Thats a nice cd indeed.
For something a little different Progression Sessions 1, 2 ,3, 4 by LTJ Bukem always sees me thru a chilled come down.
smile.gif

A.

I heard the Play CD by Moby on the weekend and thought that was the greatest - there were a couple off tracks that were just sensational and sent me drifting away very quickly!!!
------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

Endorphin - Embrace.... totally ace for chillouts
biggrin.gif
. After the band at SSU recovery had long packed up and gone, we still had the same deep beats all the way home.

ooh, i have a great comedown selection.
and *local* too!
if you're in to chilled out intelligent, layered, yummy yummy stuff, then try checking out:
The Blue Hour - Self Titled
(aka Andy Rantzen of Itchee & Scratchy/FC Europa/Boo Boo & Mace fame. This man can do no wrong in my book!)
Telemetry Orchestra
forget the name of the album, but they only have the one so far, although they've contributed to many a compilation. These guys really rock. In a soft funky comedown kinda way
smile.gif

For something a bit more varied, the new Club Kooky compilation kicks arse. Heaps of really talented locals on these two disks.
Jeff Dread - The Merchant of Dub
A couple of years old. Dub has to be up there as the best lie-down, groove along music. This album is tops.
plus....non Oz now
anyone get into DJ Food?
their new album "kaleidoscope" is *amazing*
like this thread
onya rockee!
a.
p.s. down with bowl haircutted ugly mafia type dudes!
wink.gif

ok, here's my choice for comedown CD's..
DJ Shadow - Entroducing (a classic)
LTJ Bukem - Journey Inwards
Kruder & Dorfmeister Sessions
Peace Orchestra - Self-Titled(?) (Kruder)
Mr Oizo - Analog Worms Attack
Air - Moon Safari
Green Ant's Ambi-ant Beatz Compilation
and any of the "The State of E:Motion" compilations.
A - yeah i've only heard one of the progression session cd's.. but all that stuff is soo smoooth.
TetroX - yeah i love that endorphin CD. we listened to that on a big road trip once. have you heard the new one? i havent.
yaytima - yes, i think i heard that Blue Hour CD about a year ago! from what i can remember, it was great..
and "Carte Blanche - The Aquanote Session" is worth checking out.. though I havent heard all of it.
[This message has been edited by MíkeySåmmy (edited 17 September 2000).]

Sunday Morning Coming Down-Various Artists
Fav track? Falling by Julee Cruise
-goose-

I don't know about anyone else but I've always though Enigma was really cool comedown music
------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Leftfield - Leftism
Jamiroquai - Synkronized
Subliminal sessions -?? burnt disk ??
Slinky - Tech.nique
Funky Disco - Various funksters
Nina Simone - greatest hits
Funkdoobiest - self titled
Cypress hill - any one
smile.gif

(() (() (() (() (() (() (() (() (() (()

must agree on the k&d sessions.. dj food...
filla brizillia [sP?]
pure garage .... disk 2 i think...
3rdcore.. any housey breaks n sh*t like dat....
also, whip out the good old french house!!
nuff crap frum me

got to agree with the nina simone..
try some vince jones too - trustworthy little sweethearts is a start (depends on yr mood though)
wink.gif

Since two days ago, and thanks to CC, I have a new name to add to my list of good come down listens: Chicane
Puts me in a dream world.
I have only heard the newer CD, called Behind The Sun, so far.. havent had a chance to hear the other ones yet!
Not really a funky listen.. more sort of progressive trance or something like that but its very mellow and the kind of thing you could also sleep to.

..."all I neeeeeds a little time...
to get behind the sun and cast this wake..
all I neeeds space in time..
And I will celebraaaaaaaate..."
The lyrics are probably wrong, but the tune should be in your head by now...'All I Need', Moon Safari, AIR....
Oh, and Nick Warren's 'Back To Mine' of course...thanks mrkirk..nearly forgot that one!!
------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au
[This message has been edited by candyflip (edited 19 September 2000).]

yeah! I agree with peakatronic! Always, always thought Cypress Hill is fantastic for comedowns (and sessions of the herbal kind).
Fav album: Temple of Boom III,,oooooohhhh:0~
Also, anyone heard Mashed Mellow Grooves???
Its great, really cool, highly recommended even.
------------------
Submit yourself to the aural temptations of the world - seduce or be seduced.
Temptress

'back to mine' nick warren, if all my chill toons wre stolen, losing this collection would hurt the most, an essential.
'freaks and icons' dzihan and kamien, a little hard to find but give collectors corner in swanston st a go

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - I think Shine on you crazy diamond is the ultimate in comedown songs!!!
------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

ok well i spent some time in my favourite record store this afternoon.. and among the many things i had a listen to, i came across the Dave Seaman Back To Mine LP.. was so nice.. cant remember exactly what was on there but there was a K&D remix of depeche mode, and some sneaker pimps and a few other funky things.. definitely has an M.S 'recommended comedown listen' stamp on it.
icon14.gif

------------------
Note: This message is for informational and entertainment purposes only.

ive always loved a bit of massave attack or portished to ease my comedown
smile.gif
....sends me drifting off into Planet-ADZ
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
StOp ThE WorlD...i WaNNa gEt oFF