Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Something to think about

jakoz

Bluelighter
I cant take credit for this - I dont know who wrote it, but enjoy.
=========================================
A store owner was tacking a sign above his door that read "Puppies for Sale."
Signs have a way of attracting children, and soon a little boy appeared at the store and asked, "How much are you gonna sell those puppies for?".
The store owner replied, "Anywhere from $30 to $50."
The little boy reached into his pocket and pulled out some change. "I have $2.37, can I look at them?"
The store owner smiled and whistled. Out of the back of the store came his dog running down the aisle followed by five little puppies.
One puppy was lagging considerably behind.
Immediately the little boy singled out the lagging, limping puppy. "What's wrong with that little dog?" he asked.
The man explained that when the puppy was born the vet said it had a bad hip socket and would limp for the rest of its life.
The little boy got really excited and said "That's the puppy I want to buy!"
The man replied "No, you don't want to buy that little dog. If you really want him, I'll give him to you."
The little boy got upset. He looked straight into the man's eyes and said "I don't want you to give him to me. He is worth every bit as much as the other dogs and I'll pay the full price. In fact, I will give you $2.37 now and 50 cents every month until I have him paid for."
The man countered, "You really don't want to buy this puppy son. He is never gonna be able to run, jump and play like other puppies."
The little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted, crippled left leg supported by a big metal
brace. He looked up at the man and said, "Well, I don't run so well myself and the little puppy will need someone who understands."
The man was now biting his bottom lip. Tears welled up in his eyes...He smiled and said, "Son, I hope and pray that each and every one of these of these puppies will have an owner such as you."

*wipes tears from eyes*
smile.gif

That was awesome...
WHen i got my first puppy, he was the only boy in his litter, and all the girl puppies would gang up on him and bite his tail...he had a bald patch that the owner said wouldn't go away. When i said that i wanted him, the owner said that he wasn't a good dog and didn't have any spirit. I got him anyway...
...as it was, he had a bald patch on the end of his tail right up till he died...some sick fucker baited him...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

...it was he that stopped me from being abducted by a man in his car when i was about 5, by jumping up on the car door and biting his hand which had grabbed my arm.
[This message has been edited by samadhi (edited 06 June 2001).]

As I read that, something inside me warmed up, its things like this that keep our feet on the ground and take us back to reality.
Thanx Jakoz for posting and credit for the person who wrote it.
------------------
Lepricorns should be handled with care..at all times.
Percil Gibbs is not part of the ignoramus community.
Contrary to what people believe, vegimite is not an aphrodisiac.

**beaming**
Awwwwww all **warm & fuzzy** now...
Shared it with a few of my 'hippy friends'...
thanks for sharing that one..
Namaste

Thats it - the damn Horse gets it - glue anyone?
wink.gif

------------------
CEO of B.O.A.R
Burnt Out Association of Ravers
Are you worthy of orange pants......?

Awww thanks for that Jakoz, that's really made me feel good today.
*smacks Horse...BAD*

Im can't tell u how touch I AM ... geeee ...
it is a lesson learnt today! thx!
------------------
Raving goes beyond what words can Express!

Im can't tell u how touch I AM ... geeee ...
it is a lesson learnt today! my heart jus went *ping* .... u noe how it is like when u read something like that and there is this ache in your heart! Well ... it got me right on that spot.
------------------
Raving goes beyond what words can Express!

Nice one Jakoz
smile.gif

If only people treated each other the same way!
smile.gif

^
|
|
|
whats that finn? sold retarded children for nothing?
(sorry, couldnt help myself, yall know i'm just kidding around
wink.gif
)

you're being a very bad horse today!
back in yer box boy!
wink.gif

My friends just got a kitten. It was rejected by the pet shop because it was too little. But damn, it's the coolest cat alive.
It's called Poochy. ahhahahahaha,......little poochy

Love that story...one of those warm and fuzzy ones.
Cowboy24 and I have a kitten called Pantouf who we got from the cat haven. He was left out in the bush with his brothers and sisters to fend for themselves. Poor little buggers. Anyway...we adopted him and love him to bits!!
I reckon anyone looking for a pet should get one from an animal shelter/haven. Give a home to a baby who otherwise wouldn't have had one.
*Big gooey sigh*

I agree Cowgirl24...
A couple of months ago our neighbour moved out, abandoning 3 kittens. One disappeared, and I found the other two nearly two weeks later. Both of them were almost dead from malnutrition, and one had a snapped tail - my guess is from abuse. Bitch came around a week after that and other neighbours told her to fuck off. I would have smacked her in the head.
I spent time with them, and it took a few days to get near them - they didnt trust people any more. Over a few weeks, I managed to get them staying around/inside the house, wormed them, and (once they were healthy again) tried to find homes for them. The little one with the broken tail went, I still have the other one (little fluffy thing). He hates everyone else, but he seems to love me - follows me everywhere and purrs all the time. To think he'd be dead if I didnt spend nights sitting with him getting him used to me. Ive been repaid a thousand times over
smile.gif

I couldnt call the RSPCA - the one with the broken tail probably wouldnt have been found a home... I couldnt live with its execution.
When I found them, they were half dead - trying to play but they kept running out of energy... mostly they just sat. Sometimes all it takes is a little faith to get great rewards.

Jakoz, your real life story warmed my heart up more than the first one
smile.gif

maybe cos i was expecting the first to be a joke.
smile.gif

nice 1 Jako, I was deffinetly touched after reading both the story and your experience with the "lil" pussy cats
smile.gif

hope to see lil "buddy" 1 day
wink.gif