Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

God?

Acid_Reign

Bluelighter
I'm curious
Do many people here follow christianity or and form of organised religion?
I'm not talking about believing in a greater force, I'm talking about having a belief in the God/Jesus that our world religions promote?
Personally I am not a follower of any religion.
Has any substance ever lead you to change you view on the topic?
I don't wanna start huge beliefs war here, or try to convert anyone
smile.gif
, I'm just curious
smile.gif

I must say, i think you're taking a big risk in starting a huge thing here, as religion is a very touchy subject, as everyone has their own strong opinion.
Personally, i dont think i need it.
------------------
"Modern music is as dangerous as narcotics." Pietro Mascagni

I agree, this is *very* touchy. I think we should be able to handle it if we follow *PLUR*
smile.gif

I just wanna see the relationship between people who take drugs and their religious beliefs
smile.gif

Pot users (in general) i find do not follow religion but feel that they should and believe in god. E users tend to not believe in god or follow a religion.
I find many parts of this topic interesting
smile.gif
I'm not trying to start arguements
smile.gif

i believe in God...
had a huge "discussion" about it with mates while coming down early one morning...quite amusing...went for about 3 hours!!!
definitely a touchy one...

i used to be a catholic... not anymore, and it didn't take drugs to make me realise that i didn't like the beliefs being forced onto me.
but i do believe in a 'higher power' of some way, shape or form.

I classify my self as being an agnostic hedonist.
I donot believe in any of the organised religions that exist. A higher being maybe, but I will know the truth one day and that will be the day I die, until then I'm keeping my options open.

I agree with flip. I was baptised and I went through confirmation and all the way through I questioned what I was being taught. At the start I didn't know enough to be able to properly judge so I did believe in God to some extent.
Now tho, I don't at all believe in any form of religion or the existance of any higher power as worshiped by people today. If there is some higher power (I'm not closing my mind to the possibility) then it hasn't been discovered yet in my opinion.
Drugs didn't affect my decision, although one bad trip kinda made me wonder if I'm wrong, but looking back on it I know it was just the acid.
------------------
Common Sense isn't all that common
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 08 June 2000).]

hey all
...personally i dont follow a religion but have had a christian upbringing as im sure many have around here eg:morals , values , celebrations and so on.
I believe that there must be more than just whats goin on down here (higher force??)
im not quite sure yet ...will have to live a few years more and then get back to ya..
------------------
"enemies becoming friends , when bitterness ends"

Interesting that no one has said they follow a religion.
I personally don't believe in the views of God that any of the world religions present. I'm not closed to the idea of a higher power but I'm not yet to experience anything that can sway my faith either way
smile.gif

I need a few more years....
smile.gif

I don't believe in any sort of god, being, whatever.
I don't need to
smile.gif

I have little respect for all religions except buddhism (I want one of those cool spirit houses they have in thailand to keep my pills in
smile.gif
)

The thing is even though i am totally agnostic on the god side of cristianity I think they have some bloody good rules to run a functioning society on.
A few are a little overboard and belong to another age and unfortunately give rise to extremism. But it also has some great ones which I have adopted in the way I lead my life, I mean you can't go wrong with a commandment like 'Do unto others as you would have done to you',I dont toally write of chirstianity or any of the other religions.
The rules they have are there for a reason and that as I mentioned before is to run a functioning society, which ignoring the extremist fringes it now does reasonbly well especially after many thouasnds of years of blood shed in its name(which still exists in many parts of the world but is no where near the level it has been for the last two millenia).
But sorry Jesus is not my savior or messiah, he was just a clever man with a lot of good things to say.
smile.gif

------------------
flip
[This message has been edited by flip (edited 09 June 2000).]

well well well .... get this im roman catholic and my parents are buddist.
im with flip
smile.gif

but about what e bee said
smile.gif

u dont know much about buddism do you ?
smile.gif

i believe those temples in thailand have taken the religion one step further.......
Just like how there are mormons ,anglicans, the uniting church ect. They all believe in the same god but have based their beliefs on different things . If u get what i mean.
However, from what i have read, the teachings of buddah is based on ones self.
It involves a lot if thinking. trying to find where you can find peace within urself , and as u do that u find peace with others.
existence is suffering; the cause of suffering is desire; there is a cessation of suffering, called Nirvana, or total transcendence; and there is a path leading to the end of suffering, the eightfold noble path of right views, right resolve, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right concentration.
now if i could be bothered in practising a religion, maybe when im older i would choose buddism
until then and forever PLUR
smile.gif

I used to be an active christian but i got fed up with all the hipocrisy, this was before the drugs, i still beleive in a God but not the churches version.........each to his/her own.

I spoke to a buddist once.
I asked him what the main beliefs in his religion were. He said somethign about it not being religion and more a way of life or something, but what really caught my ear was this.
"You have to try to be the best person you can be"
Fuck lists of rules. What better way to live your life than to go out everyday trying to be the most kind, friendly, empathetic person you can be.
Buddisms my exception to what i said about not liking the world religions
smile.gif

born and raised buddhist. You guys are kind of on the right track, but its far to long to list the main points of buddhism. well, the main point is happiness.i'm far to stoned to get into detail, but Im sure ill get philophical one day and let you all know - bye!!

...yes my son? thou called me?
...oh btw...call me hamlet from now on...wouldn't wanna let everyone in on my secret...hehehe
smile.gif

Time for my rant...
I choose to believe (as most of the people here do) that there is some kind of higher power. Not in the classical sense of god, but I believe there must be some kind of higher being that points our direction out and nudges us through life.
I have never been religious and my parents are in the same ilk... my mum is doing the whole spirituality thing which is pretty cool, as one of you said each to their own. I think that the big thing is karma... though often overused and incorrectly used (i personally can't define in certain terms) if you choose a life of being an asshole it will usually come back to bite you in the ass... and for all those times when you have an absolutely FANTASTIC time you usually end up having some kind of reprecussion... e.g. pilling... the comedown! heheheh
well I feel that I am ranting about nothing interesting so I will end it here... 3:45 in the morning and nuthin on cable...
------------------
The Strange Guy with Strange Hair

darthhelmet: You've totally lost me...yes, I know fuck all about buddhism...but I know enough about it to realise its a religion worthy of a lot of respect
smile.gif

I wasn't talking about temples, I was talking about spirit houses (the little birdhouse-type things thai people have outside their houses for the spirits to live in)
smile.gif

flip: "do unto others..." is more morals/caring/common sense/conscience/human nature than a christian ideal. I think its programmed into us...the christians just made it into a quote and took credit for it
wink.gif

I used to be really into the religion thing. I used to go to church on Sundays and attend a youth group too. I just got really fed up with being told that I should have respect for all people when the guys teaching us this stuff had no respect for us... I've learnt more about respecting people and their opinions through the rave culture...
I'd like to believe that there's a higher power out there though... Means there's hope for me yet...
smile.gif

organised religion...no comment
hope i don't offend anyone, but u try going to a private catholic girl's school where u get it rubbed in ur face every single day for 6 fucken years...
not to say that i don't harbour any spriritual beliefs, but u become kinda disillusioned with religion when it gets shoved down ur throat.