Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rolled while rolling

nostalgic

Bluelighter
Hey ya'll... I had an awesome time at Hyperspeed last night, it was great to meet up with some bluelighters, roll and dance the night away.
The venue was too small and not adequately cooled, but as my house was 15 minutes walk away, I saw no problem - if I wanted to go home I could do so with ease.
Myself and a mate left at about 4... And before getting home, I had lost my mobile phone, wallet and even my glasses (how low is that? What use are my glasses to you? Nothing, but then you don't care, as long as I loose out) to a pack of Lebanese boys who (probably) have big insecurity issues about how big their dicks are in comparison to others. We could see them coming a mile away but in the state of mind I was in I thought benevolent things, and was ready to say hi as they walked past, but scarcely had I begun to open my mouth than I met the arsehole's fist. I would have said hi had I been rolling or not.
I am not rascist, so don't bother flaming me about this, as I wont even bother reading it further than the insults begin.
Retorical question: How many people do you think/know of that have been rolled (mugged, whatever) by an Australian/s? Take that answer and compare it to the number of people who have had the same done to them by those from (particularly) the middle east?
What goes around comes around boys, I got a nice long look at all your faces, and I'm not going to forget this any time soon.
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

yeah thats fucked up.
I know what its like. Me and my best mate got smashed for no reason, didn't even want our wallets or money when i was in Newcastle once late at night. Looked like they were from Fiji or New Zealand or somewhere.
I fucken hate loosers, who find it fun to beat up ppl smaller than then for nothing.
My good friend and his girlfriend also got absolutely hammered by 4 CHUB Security guards on the train between Sydney and Newcastle on New Years eve 2 years back.
They dragged my mate of the train at somewhere like Fasifern and proceeded to beat him. Then knocked his GF out cold when she tried to stop em. This is while the fucken weak ticket inspecters watched it all. My mates face was black all over. He said the last thing he remembers was lying on the station platform with 4 of the CHUB loosers kicking him in the head
frown.gif

MAKES ME SOOOO PISSED OFF!!!
They are still trying to take chub to court. They have hospital photoes for him and his girlfriend. Sucks hey.
Be safe,
RobE.
------------------
Yeah nice one brov! :)

Touchy subject, so I'll tread lightly. It's true that in our multicultural society, there are certain cultures that seem to have much shorter fuses than other, more local cultures. It is a racist generalisation with obvious exceptions, but averaged over time the theory does seem more valid and less xenophobic.
Sorry to hear what happened. I hope they get what's comming to them, but be careful and don't do anything silly that could get you into trouble (legal trouble or otherwise).

I'm making no rascist comment here, although it'd be fair to say I am treading heavily.
Young males of Middle Eastern origin living in Australia seem to show a pattern of aggression toward young Anglo Saxon males.
------------------

Ummmmmmm....how about NO
Pleonastic do you think that in Lebabnon people walk around the streets constantly bashing each other? (i think they're too busy dodging missiles anyway)
Its true that every ive been in that situation where ive been hassled for money etc it has been by people of Asian, islander, aboriginal or Middle Eastern descent but this is purely because these are the more disadvantaged and alienated groups in our society.
When i really get pised off is when i see little private school boys in places like balmain and Hunters Hill doing the same shit so they can seem tough.
Still anyone who robs and bashes people is a fuckwit, no excuses.

I thought this might be a nice time to say thank-you to the dude that helped me out a couple of weeks ago.
I was walking home from Virus, tripping with my friend Mr Hoffman, by myself (stupid), when a bloke my age tapped me on the shoulder and informed me that the three youths about 100m up the road had just mugged him and that if I intended to go that way I should try and avoid them. Thank god he told me, because being rolled in the state I was could have led to some unpredictable outcomes.
The man that saved me from a whole heap of trouble was of asian decent. Thanks mate.
smile.gif

------------------
insanity is the in thing this season..

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. That wasn't intended as a racist remark!!!
smile.gif
I was only speaking in broad general terms (and as we know, stereotypes are always born from the truth before they get blown out of proportion)...
wink.gif

My point was that there are people who will say sorry if they are accidentally bumped in the street, and there are people who will get aggressive. In my experience, I've found certain cultures to be more prone to the latter.
This is a statement of my experience, not a racist remark. I have no time for ANYONE who gets fired up like that, regardless of their background. In fact, I think that the "Australian Yobbo" culture is the worst of them all!
LOL! I think I need some sleep!!! I shouldn't post when I'm tired, I tend not to think. Sorry if what I said was mis-interpreted, I never intended it to be taken the way I realise it could have been.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pleonastic (edited 27 May 2001).]

I live in Balmain and I go to Hunters Hill High. Not once have I even contemplated hassling or abusing someone for something which they posess.
------------------

This sucks... But I fail to see it as a racial issue.
The fact is we have lots of ethnic minorites living within our society, moreso than ever before in our history. Thus, it is easy to identify people first by their racial descent. Especially if one can accociate a negative accociation with these people. However, this accociation is usually due to other factors... Social, ecinomic, psychological issues rather than background. Anyone can be a dickhead. I nearly got mugged by a couple of tools that were definetly anglo... But since I accociate with anglos like myself everyday, I know that not all white people are violent thieves. So why should I think otherwise toward other races? Frequently, due to social barriers that should not exist, we never see this other side to other races that would prevent such negative accociation. This is insinctively why it is popular to think that arabs are terrorists, fat Italians are mafiosos, and in this case... Lebanese youth are violent cunts. However really, its just not the case. Its not limited to race ether... Nostalgic you just raised the issue that not all private school kids are spoilt little wannabie criminals, yet a stereotype of this exists nonetheless. Its innaccurate and insulting to those involved, we might as well say all public school kids are drugdealers who don't get good grades if you want to accept such a line of flawed reasoning. Hanson and her zany pals are making a career of preying on racial stereotypes, fuck, stereotypes in general... But I'd like to think we all know better. Don't generalise.
Anyway nostalgic, I'm sorry what happened to you. Those guys were arseholes who need some rough justice themselves... This more than anything makes me angry over the lack of respect humans give each other. Shit, think what a better place the world would be if tools didn't try to go and take a pound of flesh from somebody else.
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

Blah to all this high-minded political correctness
There is so much truth in stereo types that it just isnt funny
[This message has been edited by ~Sgt.Smiley~ (edited 28 May 2001).]

nostalgic, sorry to here it.
I am the same age as you. *scary music starts playing* and I've had a couple of close calls. In fact I am the only one of my four close friends that has not been rolled yet....
BASTARDS.

Didn't think this was such a common thing.. many times have I wondered/Stumbled and or crawled home.. If there are any muggers out there look out for me because i'm an easy target, i'll make sure I have an extra $100 in my wallet .. Muggers/Rollers lift yr game.!
and\or stop this mindless reaction enjoy this/your peaceful country.!!!

i dont consider myself racist... however... say im walking down the street, city or wherever... its late and i see a group of people ahead of me coming my way. they are
a) drunk caucasians my age (17/18), i would be cautious, but not that worried, be prepared for someone to try and act hard or pay me out...
b) drunk lebanese/asians my age, id attempt to not cross their path, because most likely if i looked at them, id get my face bashed in..
i guess its based on social stigma because i do know a lot of nice people from all different backgrounds... but looking at the evidence, all the people i know who have been rolled, have been by asian or middle eastern descent.
i dont like racism, but i dont like the facts either
:/
its just fucking stupid... every bit of everything. these days you can be killed on your way home because you choose not to give someone your phone. i guess its only going to get worse
frown.gif

ok i have often been worried about being rolled while rolling cos you can't sense agression or sarcasm, two things usually associated with agressive street encounters..
Hyperspeed: my condolences man, i have been rolled by greeks before. i have some greek friends who are really nice but these guys are just thugs. the guy who rolled me goes to a lot of the same clubs i do and i see him out sometimes. often i get worried and with good reason. that sucks, i never did any wrong and it spoils my night a bit sometimes.
My advice is play it safe, i see nothing wrong with a slightly paranoid raver crossing the road to be on the safe side rather than pretending nothing's wrong and walking straight into the loving arms of a lebanese thug (or whatever). once, i kinda freaked out a bit, lost my composure and ran from that guy that rolled me. looking back i'd say it wasn't a CERTAINTY but hey i'm glad i played it safe even if i looked like a twat.

Well said Psycedelic Doof!
It's not race specific, believe me. The closest I've ever come to being rolled was at Teriyaki. I was having an absolute ball, under the influence of VERY strong LSD and my housemate walks in with her cousin from outback Queensland. He was a fat, redneck Aussie bloke and found all the 'freaks' very amusing until he met one of them (me) Then he decided he'd punch his head in.
Needless to say I lost the plot and bolted, ran outside and walked all the way home with my head down.
Fuckwits go beyond the bounds of race. Unfortunately they go beyond the bounds of the minority.

Hey nostalgic... major sympathies go out to you... from one who is perpetually the focus of shit like this (am i wearing a shirt that says "Fuck Off Or Try To Roll Me, Dumb Cunts?" ????), it is a totally unfair and horrible thing to have happen...
If you don't feel weird telling us, could you let us know where exactly this happened? Were other people around, etc?
I'm truly sorry about this whole thing... it just sucks that you can be minding your own business, happy to wander home, and absolute fuckwits still want to fuck you up...
Like (I think) Elver said... it might not be *now*, but if you give out shit, it will come back...
Stay safe,
bD

sorry but i agree with ~Sgt.Smiley~...
There is so often much truth in stereotypes.. Just crunch the numbers, its all about averages! Then again I often think much anger/fighting in the world stems from one thing. RELIGION..
On another note, its not only stereotypes of diferent races that show, just "types of people".. such as the lowlife bogans in *bayswater station* who "hang there" all day starting fights.

one thing is beyond all reasonable doubt...
fuckheads transcend race, religion, colour or place of origin. a fuckhead is a fuckhead is a fuckhead is a fuckhead... just wish they'd go to a different planet...
------------------
Does anyone really notice the stupid quotes people place here?

I'm a nice guy, i'm not racist by any means, one of my best friends is half aboriginal, i've done subjects at uni (thru my degree) based on understanding demographics, social/cultural disadvantage, etc... but that still doesn't stop me getting worried when certain "minorities' (they act like they own anywhere they happen to be.. too bad if i accidently walk there) approach me in the back streets of the valley.
Walking to my car, alone and wasted probably isn't the smartest thing i could do, but still there shouldn't be anything to worry bout, apart from maybe what my mind could imagine.
Case in point, a few weeks ago, i went out to see my friend's band playing, in the company of the gf... as we were walking down the street, a young aboriginal male and an old female come over and start yelling, "fuckin cunts, fucking cunts!! you pieces of shit!!" repeatedly at us, following us down the street.
I'm not one to take shit like this lightly, but i copped it sweet instead of turning around and saying something or cracking the old bitches jaw and beating the living fuck out of the dero. I think that's pathetic on my part, but the reason i didn't was not because i'm afraid of conflict, or standing up for myself, but because of the large homeless population in the valley that would no doubt come and find me and my gf during the night and cause serious trouble.
A serious beating may not prove anything, but fuck i think it would have felt good.
Next example, a FOAF was waiting for the bus at the local bus stop. Sitting on the seat minding his own business. A group of 10-12 lebanese and greek youths are standing across the road. He makes no eye contact, gestures, nothing. Two of them run across the street at him, he thinks they are running past...
they fly kicked him in the chest and face, then proceeded to kick him and spit on him.
no reason at all. poor guy, got FUCKED up.
There is a lot of weight in stereotypes, but there are exceptions. But i know, from now on i look out for my own. If anyone touches my friends, family, etc whether aborignal, greek, lebanese, white australian - whatever i won't tolerate it. It's bullshit having to be scared to walk around. People are tough in groups, but chicken shit by themselves.
They seem to forget everyone will be caught out on their own one day... when their "homies" can't protect them.
Stupid fucking cunts.
I've told my younger brother, if anyone ever hassles him, to call me, i'll drive over with a golf club or something, i'm just sick of this little fucks who think they are so tuff.
*Note - if you meet me, you would see how much of a weedy crazy loon i am.. not a violent psycho, but this is something that really gets my goat. :p