Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Raving-What does it Mean to you?

dancinbabe

Bluelighter
Raving, Clubbing, Dancing, Drugs..
The vibe, the culture.. What does it mean to you?
I know this has probabaly been done over and over but everyone changes and everyone likes to talk about it..
To me it's about that culture that vibe, the feeling that your in a room with 100 or 10,000 and your all there for the same thing. Your there for fun, your there to lose yourself into the music. It doesn't matter what you do for a job, who your family is, what your background is, your there to dance and feel the music, feel it through your veins.
To me it doesn't matter whether you take the drugs or not you need to feel the music and that vibe..
What about you?
------------------
"If computer games really affected kids, we would be running around dark rooms
at night, mucnching little pills and listening to repeditive music.."

I Love the Feeling of freedom I allways get.
Blows me away Everytime.

Knowing that for one night we have our own perfect little world and nothing can touch it.
------------------
Enjoy the silence...

I rave because I want to.
Not because it's 'cooool'
Not because of drugs
But because of a love of music and a love of dancing.
I go out to dance like a headless chook and I dont give a toss what anyone else thinks
smile.gif

Sure there might be drugs sometimes but thats just a special added bonus.
All you need for a good time is a dance floor and a good attitude. Not stylish threads, drugs and hanging with the right crowd.
Thats My $0.02

Music, friends and vibe = happy hastey
smile.gif

Music, friends, vibe and drugs = happy drug fucked hastey
smile.gif

------------------
CEO of B.O.A.R
Burnt Out Association of Ravers
....SLIDE BENEATH THE CITY......feel free to visit
http://clix.to/hastey

I love Raves. I love to dance, to move my body, to create things with my mind, and in my head... I love change, and replicate myself...
I also love E, when I'm dating e, I'm together, I'm level.. My worst enemies become my best friends, and the silence from the world comes to an end. We are together, to bear, and wear what we have, to live and to share.
I'm alive, and I love you. You love me, and those who arn't with me, don't realise that it, but really they do love me. Most are scared of change and consequence.
So let us "The People" come together.
Lets rave...
Shal..
------------------
" Raving in the land down under "

the vibe, the energy, the musik, the fun of not giving a fuck bout things 4 a nite, having fun with my buddies,smiling at strangers, talking shit, dancing till i cant stand up, moving to musik i farkin love, adventures, running round having fun, meeting new people, eating lollies, hugs, lasers ...

it's spiritual as much as physical. the dancing and the music are the main attractions, but also the vibe, knowing that 90% of the crowd are there for pretty much the same reason as you. the collective synergy of that fact is the main reason i limit myself to raves these days. you could never get that feeling in a club.

I rave because everyone is so accepting and open and loving and most importantly, colorful. Im sure the drugs dont influence this at all, nop, not at all.
I rave cause where else could you sit on your ass for 8 hours talking to ppl you dont know, listen to none of the music you supposedly are there to hear, and still come away saying it was the best event youve ever been to. Nowhere i tell ya.
I rave to meet good looking drugged up girlies. If they were straight, they'd have nothing to do with me.
I rave because i just love the sound of the word. RAVE. Say it loud and you just cant help but smile. It makes me wanna hug someone it does.
But most importantly, i rave because it makes me a little less cynical about the world around us. Amen to that, brother.
------------------
Cause life aint nothin but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood

I believe a rave is the only place on the planet where people can be totally themselves or whoever they want to be, and be accepted for that reason alone. The way that individuality is embraced rather than shunned is a thing that I find truly amazing. I am so glad I have finally found a place where I can escape to a world that represents the way we should live our lives all the time - where happiness is not only what people aim for, but what they actually achieve.
smile.gif

------------------
"It was one of those days, when it’s a minute away from snowing. And there was this electricity in the air. You can almost hear it. And this bag was just... dancing, with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. That’s the day I realised that there was this entire life behind things. And this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know that there was no reason to be afraid. Ever..."

Nice one Morph!
wink.gif

Putting aside PLUR and all it's misguided and misuse malformed meanings, raving to me is simply about having fun...
Much like PLUR, the word rave now has unsavoury connotations, but I'm going to use it with its original meaning in mind...
I go raving because I want to have some fun. While the music is the major contributor to my enjoyment, so are the people and the drugs... All of it makes up a good night for me...

i rave because...
of the music; you know when the breakdown hits you, you feel like you've stepped off a cliff and you're suspended in mid-air,
of the people; moving as one with the beat, a throbbing mass of synchronicity, yet you know you can be yourself and still belong.
of the lights; multicoloured, multilayered, multiorgasmic resplendent sheets of glass,
of the friends; new ones, old ones, and the ones you've yet to meet.
most importantly, i rave because i want to, not because i'm there to get high or smashed.
keep the beat alive
smile.gif

------------------
Repetition is the key to success. Repetition is the key to success.

Not sure whether you were serious about that last comment or not Mr Horse
smile.gif

I just love raves. Most of my reasons have been said by everyone else. I love the atmosophere, just how when an awesome track is played you can literally feel the energy in the air.
I don't know anywhere else were you could feel so open and close to complete strangers. If you gave a hug to some random girl anywhere but a rave you'd mostly get your head punched in.
But at raves, it seems everyone is so accepting and all on the same level.
I love the music, how it makes you feel when one of your favourite tracks is played. I just love it all !

well Mikey why the fuk do u bother going? too cooooool for raves??
------------------
Bars.

i think morph summed it up beautifully there.
i rave because it makes me a little less cynical about the world in which i live.
take this is its broadest sense, it gives me perspective, on everything.
one more thing, i rave because there is no better feeling than looking across a dancefloor at some dude grinning his head off, and just smiling at each other, both thinking 'we're in the same place, and its awessssssssssssome' there is no better feeling than 5,000 people all throwing their arms in the air when the beat drops in the prophet, there is no better feeling than standing with 10,000 people in a shed, when bt turns down the vocals on dreaming, and every person is singing....and i will finish with a quote from karl hyde:-
'you feel like god for a few moments inbetween sleep deprivation and that inherent need to explore that comes from years and years of maintaining a straight face. i know you know you remove what you need; got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...'
[This message has been edited by randomblondeboy (edited 06 April 2001).]

Easier to state reasons for not raving:
The sweat - unless there is a nice breeze.
smile.gif

The four days it takes to remove the imbedded dirt after a bush doof.
The occassional pick-pocket - they tend to make me paranoid when they are around and it just sucks.
The comedown (if thats your choice), although they can be more fun than the drugs when the scatteredness turns to stupidity
smile.gif

The ringing in the ears.
The large amount of cigarette smoke (not always appreciated).
The unavoidable question (most times) - what are you on?
Trying to explain it to parents.
Watching other people use way too many drugs and only harm themselves and the scene. (I've been guilty of it).
Midro's use of the microphone, that is only distracting and annoying (although its becoming a joke now)
Will E Tell's school of DJing
The EPA, local councils and media (in general) that only make a ravers life harder.
Plus a few others.
The ultimate reason I choose to rave. The freedom of being able to pretend to be at a golf driving range in the middle of a dancefloor and having other people follow suit and enjoy themselves. (recommended for outdoor parties - skeet shooting has also been attempted)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif