Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Where will all the big raves be held?

Chemical_lifestyles

Bluelighter
After going to all the big raves at the Victoria Docks last year (2000), and Welcome 2001, I was horrified to learn that Two Tribes is the last event ever at this epic venue. Does anyone know where all the big events like GateCrasher, Perfecto, Hardware etc., will be held in Melbourne when the Docks are officially closed to the rave scene on Grand Prix weekend for Two Tribes?

Well I dont think Gatecrasher are planning to come back again anyway - there last visit was their last.
I think venues like the Showgrounds, and Altona sports and Leisure center will definitely get more use. There are plenty of places that will have better sound than the docks did so its probably something to look forward to.

Last report I heard, GC were set to come back to australia in june and do a club tour...
grug

prolly start seeing stuff like that move into the "big" venues we have here in melbourne....example: bump up the price of a ticket to GC and have it at say the Melbourne Metro....the clubs will start benefiting from all this....

And a big fuck off to the Docks!!!
This past New Years was a prime example... You won't catch me at Two Tribes - and that's a certainty!!!
Good riddance to The Docks!!!
WOOO!
smile.gif

None of these big parties you talk about that were held at the docks were raves,they were dance parties
smile.gif

And like Dan said,who cares,I second a big FUCK OFF to the docks as well
smile.gif

Even tho I was at Welcome and will be at Tribes.....
Fuck Off Docklands!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahah...its quite funny you know, last year no one could shutup about how great the docks were and that they could never get sick of docks party's...
hehe, its funny how things change.
just a 3rd person view from a lowly sydney bluelighter...hehe
wink.gif

-Av

I reckon people are being unduly harsh on the Docklands. You have to remember that the recent failures at the docklands were mostly attributed to poor management, not the facilities. So perhaps it should be 'Fuck off to FE' - or have I already read that thread somewhere?
smile.gif

We Melbournites are pretty lucky have it and I think it will be missed when it does go.

I just haven't been to a good party on the docks in years. I'm sick of docks parties and I like checking out new locations.

NO MORE DOCKLANDS????
YEAH!!! I'm pretty sick of the Docks as well ..... we all a need a change of venue
------------------
Raving goes beyond what words can Express!

Ummmm... I heard a mutterance from a somewhat relianble source that the Docklands authority is addament that there WILL NOT be another "rave party" at the docks... Future may have a fight on their hands for Two Tribes???
------------------
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald
"There is no god, and Murphy is his prophet." -- Unknown

FUCK OFF DOCKS
FUCK OFF FUTURE
Good riddance to the docks. I will never go there again. To tell you the truth I have never been to what I thought was a great party at the docks. They may have been ok, but I wouldn't put them down in my top 5. Just my opinion though.
Oh yeah and the parties at the docks were not Raves.
BTW if it is true about there being no more parties @ the Docks after Red Roar, then where the hell is 2 Tribes going to be??????? Please don't say Altona.

When the docks were 'ours' the parties were great and fun.Then they became 'the place to be seen', and that was the beginning of the end (IMHO).Any established venue (Altona for eg.) will end up the same. Unfortunately Altona is under alot of pressure from locals/residents to have all parties shut down, so we ALL have to look after our venues.We have got to take our shit away with us and not scatter it all around outside the venues.Keep hassles to a minimum.Aim for lower maximum numbers (no overcrowding).
We have to claim back that which we built!!!!
Its good to hear live some of the overseas talents, whatever your tastes, but we shouldnt forget our very very talented locals.
So what do we need in a venue???
smile.gif
electricity
smile.gif
toilets
smile.gif
cover
smile.gif
water
smile.gif
little or no housing in area
smile.gif
access
anything else?
Some guys have managed to put on some good u/ground parties. and it was alot of work.
Venue is the hardest thing.
For the BIG and/or commercials what about...
smile.gif
the Glass house now that the new sports stadium is built?
smile.gif
waverly park footy ground
smile.gif
other unused storage yards
Come on ppl, look around your areas,when your on the train, scan areas for sites.
If you want to have these parties/raves help find somewhere we can have them. They wont all be close,or huge, or obvious, but at least they will be ours.
Unless you want to end up paying top dollar all the time and every thing being held in club environs (with club prices,attitudes, with the "meatheads and barbies") give some positive effort.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

"its nice to be important-
but its more important to be nice"
Scooter...

Well you can forget Waverley Park. I live about 3 or 4 k's from there and I can guarantee that I would be able to hear the music from my house crystal clear. Hmmm that's an idea
wink.gif
Also there are houses practically across the road from there + it's all the way in fucking Mulgrave.
Having a party at Waverley Park would be like having a party at Dandenong Town Hall. It would be the equivelent of one of those underage dance parties.
Waverley Park = not good

yup, gatecrasher returning to oz in june with ashley casselle, and others. straight from the tour manager's mouth.
later
sean