Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Best party of 2000??

Wet Musik

Bluelighter
well i was looking thru the RDC board, and i saw this post, so i decided i would see what the Bluelighters think
smile.gif
, so what do u think guyz??? or is it too early to tell yet???
for me nothing could beat,
Pleazure - 11th June.
and in a close 2nd would have to be Two Tribes.
------------------
Bars.

Two Tribes, because it was my Virgin Docks Party, and MY virgin Pill Popping adventure.
What a buzz that night was!!
Trade was pretty good to, but the Recovery at HK was better!!
------------------
Dancer, Mid 1978 Model, Located in Melbourne, Well worn in, a few squeeks here and there but maintained to usual standards. No RWC, No Reg, Fuck all Brakes, Bald Tyres, Good Amps, but no overload protection or output filter once turned on, fired up and fed the right stuff. For more info, please call 1800 BASS JUNKY
FEEL THE BASS, let it work you into a frenzy.
"I'm stuck on this island, Gilligan Style"

Well mine are :
Rotation 5 - Ben Sims on 3 decks, sampler, the works at Bertie St.
Technosis - The Geezer playing 100% live, does life get any better!
(and getting in early, Summadayze 2001 will be so damn good its not funny)
smile.gif

Well I really can't pick just one sooo.....
Pleazure (June 2000)
Jungle Bizness
Ganesha Mission 3
Where the Wild things are
Green Ant
By the end of the year can also add November and NYE Earthcore
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't need no arms around me, I don't need no drugs to calm me. I have seen the writing on the wall, Don't think I need anything at all. No don't think I'll need anything at all. All in all it was all just bricks in the wall. All in all you were all just bricks in the wall" - Roger Waters 1979

Ahhh too hard.....
smile.gif

Any of the SSU nights esp 3rd b'day.
Gatecrasher
Run
Monkey when they had the whole palace
That's just a start....

Well here in Sydney...
1. Happy Valley (for the music)
2. Gatecrasher with Binary Finary, Melb (I know this isnt Sydney, but OMG it was huge)
3. Utopia 10 @ Superdome (that view..)

Hmmm in no pariticular order
All the Sunnyside Ups i have been to. I have a million great memories from these things. Way too much to go into
Two Tribes- My first big party and it was a classic. BT was fucking amazing and ill never forget being right up the back on the steps and looking out at the thousands of ppl while going insane.
Chemical Brothers@BDO- MMMMM those screens with the trippy ass visuals were just amaainzg. That eye thing is still firmly planted in my head.
Every Picture 19- The party and music itself i dont really remember that well but the massive group bluelighter hug on the dancefloor was amazing hehe
smile.gif

Jungle Bizness- Ahhhhhhh that music in the morning! Fucking Hell that was great!. Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder, Jackson 5. When that stuff stared up i remmeber a whole bunch of us running down from meths car to the dancfloor. It was so great. So many advenutures at this thing and so much cool stuff happened. Caraamels Cuties amazing dancing to drum n bass, The antics at meths Car, Eagleseyes shit talking, the birthplace of the infamous RIPPED from pillgrim. What a party! MY first outdoor and it was amazing!
Ganesha- As good as Jungle Bizness even tho it rained like hell. The morning when me, spiral, kezza, mikey, pink and whoever else were there just waiting for that first ray of sun to hit the grass was so much fun, the psytrance througout the nite was awesome, eaggleeyes classic shit talking in the car again, going on a mission to find the new site when it got closed down. It all rocked! Outdoor and Awesome!
Others as well im sure but i cant remember right now. And I have a feeling Earthcore will be added into this list in a week
smile.gif

------------------
I shall fondly remember November 25th of the Year 2000.
'That was the Start of the Summer of Madness'

#1. Sunny Side Up (Gordon Kaye)
#1. Jungle Bizness (how fucking amazing was the morning).

Gotta love/hate these threads
smile.gif

(Actually this has just rescued me from boredom so...)
1. Two Tribes 2K - Hawtin, Gaetek and CAROLA. Nothing else needs to be said... Oh, except for VW
smile.gif

2. THE END Tour with Mr. C - Underground London sound that I had never heard before. Nice intimate crowd at the Palace. And once again, VW's
smile.gif

3. Where The Wild Things Are - Awesome sound, great outdoors, and the Live Acts and DJ's were awesome! Especially that Van Diemen guy
wink.gif

That's about it. It's been a quiet year for me
frown.gif

------------------
...the currency man.

* pleazure 25march
* pleazure 11june
* EPTAS vol2 chapter 1
yes i love MUD.
smile.gif

imu2.gif

I would have to agree with MikeySammy on this one.
Hardware 16 was my party of the year but I am looking forward to Hardware 17 that I've convinced myself that it is gonna be better (which probably isn't a good idea!) so we're gonna have to wait and see.
Oh.. and Pleazure in June was insane!
------------------
Curiosity Killed The Cat......
I've heard Humans are alright though.
[This message has been edited by skelz-E- (edited 22 November 2000).]

A few too many pick just one, so I'll say a few.
Rainbow Serpent 2000 Hallucinogen was sooooo good
smile.gif
, and the vibe there was fantastic. I'll definately be going to it next year.
Full Moon Party Even though I managed to miss Atmos it was still one of my all time faves.
Where the Wild Things Are Another favourite, thanks to Psyentist
smile.gif
. I loved it how it was small and intimate, but still very good. The Dj's were good as well
smile.gif
Most of the other parties I went to I loved the Dj's that were there or the vibe, but I hated the venue or something else about it.
My fav crew are Green Ant by far this yr. They know how to put on a party, although I might change my mind after this weekend @ Earthcore.
------------------
I have been liberated into the light

yeh i guess your right mikey, but its not like there are many big parties left, considering NYE parties don't count
smile.gif
maybe next week some more people will be able to answer, when Hardware 17 and Earthcore are over, cos after that i don't think there are many big parties left, except for Space DJ'z on the 8th of December!
------------------
Bars.

The last Earthcore (Feb) and of course, my own party Where the Wild Things Are.
Don't miss the next one! (early Jan)

Hmm....
Frantic Freeland 1 and 2...
for obvious reasons = )
Umm...I would hvae to say...neon underground was the BEST party i went to...i didn't necessarily have the most fun there..but that was just me. I love ishtar parties, they have an underground attitude yet still mangage to put on a professional, attractive party.
How about WORST parties?
mine would hvae to have been...
dreamtime 2
Dreamtime 1 i had a lot of fun at for reasons i won't delve into...but personally i believe that madass put 3 hours of effort into dreamtime 2. Thats the impression i got when i walked thru the doors..gawd am i happy i got a freebie.

PHARMACY, PHARMACY, PHARMACY, PHARMACY, PHARMACY, PHARMACY, PHARMACY, PHARMACY... That dude that runs them is a fukken genius
wink.gif

Seriously though... BELFAST 7 had to be my personal favourite... no comparisons!
------------------
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald
"There is no god, and Murphy is his prophet." -- Unknown

bullshit, bars !!
what about the xsive dj assault ??
thats going to be fucken good ..
..as well as addiction 2