Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight DJ's

Psyentist

Bluelighter
Out of interest, how many Bluelighters are DJ's?
I am, I play mostly psy trance when I'm at parties, but while I'm at home spinnning i'll muck around with intelligent techno and hard acid too.
Stand up and be counted guys.

privare Ferris reporting for duty sir.
Deep house and breaks are my specialties.
Played everything from green cheese to banging techno.
Now I'm getting old.
Movie reel-ferris

Do crazy ass live techno producer type guys count as well?
------------------
reporter - "i'm sorry we're gonna have to leave it there becasue your nipples are errect"

Does it count if your not from Melb???
smile.gif

I play Hard Trance/Techno, and muck around with some breaks/drum and bass.
Kinda like a sublime@home night, but with less cheese.

I don't but two mates do.
One Plays Uplifting/Hard Trance
One plays Kraft on Steriods Cheese Hard NRG!!
------------------
Dancer, Mid 1978 Model, Located in Melbourne, Well worn in, a few squeeks here and there but maintained to usual standards. No RWC, No Reg, Fuck all Brakes, Bald Tyres, Good Amps, but no overload protection or output filter once turned on, fired up and fed the right stuff. For more info, please call 1800 BASS JUNKY
FEEL THE BASS, let it work you into a frenzy.
"I'm stuck on this island, Gilligan Style"

i fuck around a bit with prog house a bit of trance and a bit of breaks. its all good. still a bedroom tho, have been for 2 yrs.....
later
sean

I spin my Hardcore/Happy hard....bedroom banga for a year or soo now....gonna start getting some gigs in the 'real world' now (hopefully)

Techno junkie.
Funny that...
Spinning for about a year or so now. Mainly score gigs in my bedroom, but I've played lots of private parties and a bush gig.
Oh, and sometimes I play at @mosphere in Melbourne...
------------------
...the currency man.

I think a few of us are.
Myself?
Deep and dark and progressive. Inspired by SSU.
------------------
"..... P.S. Remember, when you hear the words 'Come on Sunny Side', remind everyone that your'e there and your'e alive....."

Before you read the rest of this post, make special note of the winking smilie face up there --^ In case there is any confusion, that winking smilie face signifies a post of humourous content, ie., The following paragraph is a joke!
DJ's suck! All you do if play other people's music, you've got no real talent at all! I can't stand all you people glorifying DJ's as if they're the ones creating the sounds, when in actual fact you're just putting a needle on some vinyl, and anyone could do that!
You all make me sick!
...Well now that I've got that out of the way, the bush doof Decimal was talking about was Where The Wild Things Are, and it was run by a really dodgy guy who was around here a while ago, called himself Plastikman... Thought a bit much of himself really... The party was great tho, absolutely awesome... You'll have to try to make it to the next one Psyentist!
------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with tomato sauce.
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 19 November 2000).]

yeah I've been mixing now for about four years.. progressive house and trance with plenty of breaks thrown in for good measure.
no cheese, just very deep,dark,sexy shit that makes you melt. on the other side of the line, some uplifting tunes for just the right time.
tarsalan - what the fuck is up, no one asked for your pretty harsh view on djs.. and if it were not for the dj's playin tunes then how would the music (that the producers make) get around? whether you like it not (and i'm sure most djs wouldnt really care what you think anyway) they play a very important part in our scene.
besides its fun as hell!!
take it easy man
sub
[This message has been edited by submerge (edited 19 November 2000).]

I guess that disclaimer at the start of my post wasn't obvious enough, so I'll fix it and also clear up any confusion now too before anyone else misses the message
wink.gif

It was a smartass comment, not at all serious and not at all truthful... my best mate (Decimal Dan) is a DJ and he's awesome and I'm sure if he wanted to he could make some awesome music too... Hell, I'll prolly start DJing one of these days, but right now I'm busy producing...
BTW Sub, I like your description of what you play... if only you were in Melbourne
frown.gif

That's it. Someone may get hurt here. I'm closing this thread down to protect you all
wink.gif

Fucking DJ's. You can't be trusted. Too many drugs I think.

The difference between a good dj and a crap dj is how you put the needle on the record.
wink.gif

I am another bedroom clanger. Drum and Bass - smooth and sexy bizness to hard as f**k.
Played a few house parties so far...
peace
raw
------------------
"That was Scrumptious!"

I spin on cd
before Earthdance techno, acid, trance, Nu NRG, hard trance, hard house
after Earthdance only psy trance
Tim

I play what I like to call "itchy-funky-breaky-house" !!
It may not mean heaps to you but it is what I call it and it makes sense to me. It is what I call my style because it means something to me - instead of trying to fit it into an already existing 'genre name'.
think fun phat breaks winding through deep french house & tech house with attitude ..phew !
Have been spinning for about 2 and a half years ... and dont regret a second or a cent of it
smile.gif

------------------
"Listening to the radio I feel so out of place.
There's a certain something missing that the treble can't erase."

*meep*
smile.gif

Ive been spining psy for 2 1/2 years now and I will be for many years to come. yay.
------------------
Bom Shankar!

i play hip hop,break ,deep funky beats a little ...i really into scracthing ,tricks ..u know what i mean ..i dont mix ..i like to Funk sHiT up ..hehehe
smile.gif

tarsalan - sorry about the earlier post, my sarcasm detector must have been disabled @ the time and hence i jumped to a pretty major conclusion...
sorry about that one mate
take it easy