• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

extremely cold while on suboxone and painful hard nipples

DyinISuss

Greenlighter
I feel extremely cold after driving from heroin to subs. 2 mg to 4 mg gives me maximum benefit coming off 1 gram IV per day. I still feel crappy after days. Sleep but fitfully.

And worst, I feel cold and my nipples are painfully hard. I'm a guy. Even 24 his after my last shot, right before I switch to sub, I don't feel that degree of cold and nipples aren't hard.

Also my extremities are just freezing. Hands and feet.

Has anyone encountered these symptoms and have ideas? Bupe v dope is the only variable

dope makes you feel warm using bupe will get rid of the leftover effects of the dope and you will feel cold it's never unbearable to me though just a nuisance

Wait longer to dose sub.

You need to go into withdrawals first or you will precipitate the withdrawal, which will be worse than naturally sliding into it.

Tx for the replies...

Well, I do wait quite long. I am HORRIFIED by the prospect of precipitated withdrawal, and waiting 24 hours then doing 2mg sublingual has always caused me to feel BETTER on the whole ie I regain my appetite and desire to eat and drink water, if I'm dizzy from withdrawal that goes away (even before eating and drinking), sneezing spots completely, hot flashes and sweating abate although I may still sweat a bit.

HOWEVER, although chills are fine, I am just COLD. So, the whole chills and hot to child to hot things stops but the COLD becomes non-stop...

I have always waited as long as possible, and the buprenorphine makes work possible, desirable even, and I am always happy (for a day at least) to be off off the dope for a day at least.

But my NIPPLES ARE ROCK HARD, ROCK FUCKING HARD AND IT HURTS SO BAD ON MY SHIRT LOL!!!

Has ANYONE had this happen to them when writing opiates using buprenorphine? Or during PAWS? Because I'm not in acute withdrawal when this happens... and it's not a case of even minor PWD since all other symptoms improve.

How long have you been using opiates?

You could have hormonal issues. Or you could have opiate induced sensitivity...

Yes guys have hormonal issues.

The chills are one thing that for me personally Suboxone does not really eliminate. I guess it's not as bad as having no opiates in my system and I'm sure that if I allowed my body to get truly adjusted to the bupe then it would most likely go away.

Yeah that is one of the symptoms of w/d that bupe is not strong enough to eliminate for me either. Just suck it up for 2-3 days and it will get better. By day 4 or 5 you are basically feeling fine on Subs, except not as good as when on dope.

One thing that helps me a ton with feeling cold like that is a nice cup of coffee. I usually will drink the coffee about 60-75 minutes after dosing the sub and the combo of the peak of the bupe and the warm coffee and caffeine's stimulation gives me a decent buzz and gets me warmed up.