• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

2 week opiate binge withdrawal question

mrtlo91

Greenlighter
This is my first time only using for such a short amount of time so i assume that this will be somewhat easy im just curious as what to expect. For the past two weeks i have been using daily 4-5 norcos or 30 mg oxy and kratom on days my doc was unavailable. Its been about 24 hours since my last dose and i just feel exhausted. How long do you all think this may last and do you think i will have the dreaded opiate insomnia? I havent noticed any rls... only a bit of muslce aches in my legs. What can i expect over the course of the next few days ? And if i took loperamide at about 6-8mg for the next three days would i be back to norm at about the fourth day or so ?

Thanks in advance

Well I can tell you that I've been doing 30mg oxy for the past 4 years. But I only do 15mg a day but usually only 5 days a week, maybe 30mg one day a week and I still get the dreaded insomnia around the second night of W/Ds. Now i don't know if the amount you do in one period of time affects how bad your W/Ds will be but if it's true than it'll hit soon. Those RLS will probably kick in soon too. My legs start hurting the next day, if I didn't get RLS than I'd be fine other than having to run to the bathroom a lot:/ get ready for that too, I'm sure you already know that though

2 weeks on 30 mg oxycodonr less means NO "REAL" ACUTE WITHDRAWAL.

Eg, me coming off of 1 Gram of IV heroin a day, 2 weeks straight with years of mostly in/occasionally off use is not pleasant at all, at 24 hours I'm restless super exhausted sneezing coughing nose running, and temperature regulation that's completely out of whack so I cannot get comfortable.

When I have had habits like yours, I have felt what you describe for a few days and then after 3 days major improvements occur rapidly .....

The way i describe the small habit kick is that it's like skipping acute WD and going straight to post-acute WD (PAWS -- Google it), main symptoms are exhaustion and depression.

But many people get through quitting a habit like yours with no symptoms of real significance.

And many would argue 2 weeks is barely long enough to get any level of withdrawal for someone who has never been addicted beefier. (It gets easier to get a habit the more times you've been addicted, that's the consensus )

So... be glad you are quittng before its a bad withdrawal.

You should basically expect no withdrawal beyond feeling a little rundown. That's it. No RLS, no diarrhea unless you have been extremely constipated, merely exhaustion.

AND not only should you have no insomnia, you should actually be extra sleepy

Well yeah, I should've asked your history. I figured you had already been using them for a while. So mine was about so one who has been doing them for the past 4-4 1/2 years. So if you haven't been a daily user for a long time than yeah I agree that there won't be much withdrawals. Sorry for the confusion:)

i feel your pain. love the name tho,
i have such a love/hate relationship with oxy

Hey oxy ghost: a little help for you... RLS is exacerbated by antihistamines in general, and that's what is in OTC sleeping aids.

However, I've found Zofran is awesome for withdrawal. Its an anti nausea med and although I do not get nausea, it seems to work wonders for letting me sleep and stopping RLS. (Strangely it is technically an anti histamine but not a traditional one like the ones that worsen my RLS. Being merely anti nausea it is easy to get prescribed if you say you have a stomach bug and it helps you from past experience, assuming that's all true of course. i get 8mg pills, as many as possible and then take 1 or 2 as needed and I've gone from pretty nasty RLS sneezing and generally shitty to sleeping after 8 mg of that wonderful stuff.

This is my first time only using for such a short amount of time so i assume that this will be somewhat easy im just curious as what to expect. For the past two weeks i have been using daily 4-5 norcos or 30 mg oxy and kratom on days my doc was unavailable. Its been about 24 hours since my last dose and i just feel exhausted. How long do you all think this may last and do you think i will have the dreaded opiate insomnia? I havent noticed any rls... only a bit of muslce aches in my legs. What can i expect over the course of the next few days ? And if i took loperamide at about 6-8mg for the next three days would i be back to norm at about the fourth day or so ?

Thanks in advance

40-50 mg hydro-2 weeks= some shitty time. You will escape with a small very small taste of the real thing. Dude get out now, don't look back and never touch these things again. I started just like you, almost exactly the same way. I just came off a 400mg/oxy day thing at 7+ months solid. Let me tell you how fast it gets there, and the amount of work and hell you have to go through to get off at that point. I'm clean but still recovering.

Last year I went Cold turkey from only 90mg/ hydro. Only sometimes I would have oxy. That was a 6 months thing. From that 90mg a day I spent 5-6 days bed ridden in the worst agony( I knew of at the time), and two months in severe depression.

So be sure to be hard headed and keep taking these things. People do what they want no matter what anybody says on this board. I did, I'm sure you will to. At least you have been warned.

You asked how long? As long as it takes your body to recover from it. probably 3-4 days and some lingering things for a week more.