Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ravin' Straight...

Stompr

Bluelighter
I was prompted to write this post after reading a similar post from Tho....
I have partied pretty hard the last six months or so, and got a promotion at work last week. I have been working towards this position for about 4 years so it's a pretty big step for me. I will really have to work my ass off for the next six months so that I can get up to speed in my new role...and so something has to give. I had my last play at HK last Friday to say *Goodbye* to the scene until Gatecrasher in June (or until BeXta comes to HK...any info on when that will be will be gratefully received).
However - there is more to ravin that just being completely fucked - the people, the DJ's, the entire ravin culture.
I have been nervous about going to HK or the bigger events straight in case I can't dance or feel insecure or just can't 'get into it' and I was wondering how many of you actually go straight?
------------------
Stomprrrrr

*everyone points to KompleX"
i only go out straight, and thats the way its always been.
i enjoy myself cus i love shakin my ass to nice funky tekkas.
------------------
B.T.S.O.M.

going straight to partiez is a lot of fun!
i turly mean it!
try it, and u'll belive me!
depending on ur own personality, the company ur with could make a big difference bt having a shit time being straight or having the time ov ur life.
but u have to try it...
let us know how u go!
respeKt.
------------------
~~I'm not a vegetarian cause i luv animals. I'm a vegetarian cause i hate plants.~~

U'd be surprised by the amount of people that actually party straight. It's great fun and u should definately try it. I did find it hard the first time i did it but like everything else it got easier and easier and sometimes the rewards of how u feel/how well you function the next day can outweigh all the 'fucking-around-ness' of drugs. It shouldn't be all about drugs - this party culture has so much more to offer. Save it for special nites cos there's always going to be another weekend waiting for you to go out and get fuct - but a job promo like yours is like a once in 4 yrs opportunity, sorta thing. Oh and you'll save heaps of $$$$$'s too!!!

I went to raves most weekends for 5 months before I even touched a drug. It can be done, and sometimes it's an even more enjoyable experience. Nothing like actually being able to remember the night every now and then...
wink.gif

------------------
"Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."

I think that if you can't do it straight then you're in it for the wrong reasons.
I party straight a lot. It's great!

do it all the time!
partying straight rocks.....and i always...always party harder and for longer than the bent ones!
------------------
" heheh..goodie the seamonkeys i orderd have arrived..ahh look at them , cuffort and caper"

I go out every weekend they give us something to go to here in Canberra. But I might drop about every 2 - 3 months or so.
I don't like going out to get stuffed up unless its going to be an AWESOME (!!) night.

OK - so you have all inspired me and given me that little encouragement I needed......
Thanks for the feedback *STOMPR GRINS* he he Stompr's not out yet !
KEEP ROCKIN'
------------------
Stomprrrrr

I don't party straight all the time, I love my pharmies at clubs
smile.gif
. Partying straight can be heaps of fun, i find it's wikkid excercise and people find it kinda cool that you're able to go hard when you're straight, hee hee
smile.gif
Have fun going straight stompr, Big up man!! it's a hard thing for alot of people to go to a club/event/rave straight.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

There are heaps of reasons why going straight can be heaps of fun and most of them have already been said by other people
smile.gif
Peace
rc1n

agrees with psyentist
and if u can't do it straight every single time atleast do it every second time, otherwise you are just kidding yourself
------------------
'just wait until this song is finished then i'll go :)'

to go out on anything is an EXTREMELY rare occurance for the samadhi's, we prefer to keep MDMA (we don't use speed) for special occasions...but then, we use it for different reasons to most...Also, we only go out if a mate is playing, or if there's an international dj in town...80% of the music here is repetitive...unless you like going out and listening to dj's playing the same sets EVERY week...
Have to say tho, there are warehouse parties being developed by Kazu et all that absolutely rock...
each to their own tho.
------------------
when your fun becomes your reality...what do you do for fun???
we are not human beings having a spiritual experience...we are spiritual beings having a human experience...

well if you REALLY like that type of music/atmosphere you can go straight. I can goto a hip-hop event totally straight if I chose to, without caring too much. The amount of narcotics taken throughout a night if it's a hip-hop event to a rave event is pretty drastic for me.
it would be pretty rare for me to have MDMA for a hip-hop event.. I much prefer other things...

ive gone out ravin a few times straight...but i definatly can't do it if im tired or sore!!! just make matters worse!! but as already said i think if you cna't at least go out straight you have a serious problem with drugs!!! its supposed to be about the music/ppl/and rave culture not the DRUGS!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

If you can't enjoy the music without drugs then you don't like the music and have no place anywhere they play the music.

1st of all, i can only dance to d'nb and hardcore *grin*. Shank knows i get waaaay excited and hyper when i hear d'nb and i'd just grin and smile and bounce all nite, straight. but i don't usually drop in clubs, seems too trivial, while sometimes i'd drop at parties, raves or big d'nb gigs that are spesh occasions. but what i like abt going straight is being able to go on all nite just completely on the music, and beating everyone else who were dancing with the help of whatever chem they're using. in the morning i'd just look at myself and be amazed by how far i could go, even if by then my body's already running in survival mode. what's better if then ppl ask, "how could you go on all nite without being on anything?"
a: "o yez, baby. it's ze bazz."
and then watch the expression on their face.
mehehehehehehe...
wink.gif

Stompr I found myself in a similar situation 6 months ago... I gave myself 2 choices:
a) limit drug use to ONLY very special occasions, to KEEP brain cells, to KEEP good job
b) keep partying same as before and run the risk of f**king up everything I've worked so hard for
I chose a) and haven't regretted it one bit.
Havin a boogie without the drugs is just as good if you have a sincere love for the music...

I don't very often party straight but i do try and arrive at the venue and stay straight for at least an hour (usually longer), dance till i'm buggered and then if the mood's right (and unfortunately it always is).. go eat some chems.
it's a better start to the night, you can check out the vibe/crowd/music in a realistic way, and if you've gone to see an international play you pay more attention to what they're doing.
and you piss off all your mates cos you enjoy being straight
wink.gif

YEY to the people who party straight.......I'm a straight raver and I must admit that staying up all night and seeing everyone else completely f*#ked off their heads is a laugh and well if you go to parties just to get f*#ked off your head well then you are definately going for the wrong reasons. You should be going for the music
Serotone:- I REALLY loved that set you played at the bluelight party....it was awsome.
KompleX:- Sorry I completely missed your set......you know I'm very sorry.
BUT WASN'T THAT MOTH ON THE UV LIGHT MASSIVE
HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------
Heal the Past
Live the Present
Dream the Future