• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Contribute to the cause - Come to the Bluelight PARTY!

Decimal Dan

Bluelighter
I know I shouldn't have started a new thread, but some people might not want to read the other thread coz it's nasty
frown.gif

ANYWAY, we have floated the idea to donate ALL profits from our up-coming BL Party to help Bluelight in it's current state of affairs.
In order to do this, a profit has to be made. ALL DJ's will be playing for free, so the costs will be minimal.
SO, throw your support behind our party! There will be an entry fee - the amount still has not been decided. The more people that come - the more money we can donate to Bluelight at the conclusion of the party.
We are checking a site out this weekend, so hopefully some details will become more concrete over the next week or so!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

BTW, it's a Melbourne party, but all interstaters who will be in the Melbourne area January-ish are welcome (if not encouraged) to come!!!
Stay tuned for details!
(In this thread of course. Gotta watch that loading!)
wink.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
...the currency man.

No Dan, we're checking out the site for the Where the Wild Things Are party this weekend. We check out the site for the Bluelight Party the week after.
But everything else that he said was right.

And we'd also like to hear if anyone has an objections to a small donation, because while we're all very excited and dedicated to the event, we can't assume everyone else if going to be as enthusiatic...
...But I'm sure you guys won't mind making a small donation right?

I'll be back in the coal mines by the time the bluelight party comes around (read - work : in Sydney) so I won't be able to make it.
frown.gif

I would however like to contribute financially. Not much, I'm poor, but something.
I reckon there might be a few more non-Victorian bluelighters who would like to contribute in some way.
Dan, Psyentist... any idea how we might do this?
Perhaps I could make a contribution when I see you guys at Earthcore?
Let me know
smile.gif

Decimal Dan, Psyentist - you guys know you have my support 110%
smile.gif

I hope you are here *sunflower*
smile.gif

yeppo!
i'll be there..all things permitting
smile.gif

------------------
"herbert the pervert likes sherbert"

If anyone wants to make a donation then talk to our superstar DJ treasurer, Van Diemen.
[email protected]
He's the only one of us drug addicts who we can trust to handle the money
wink.gif

Well,haven't been around for awhile cause the puter's stuffed but I'll definately be at the Bluelight party and as for paying,that's no problem either
smile.gif

If it's anything like WTWTA,then it will be awesome
smile.gif

What date is it? I'll be in melb on and around NYE.. i'd pay a contribution.. i think a cover charge is fair
smile.gif

Yes yes I'll contribute some money for the BL party. Can't wait for it
smile.gif

OK everyone - here's the state of play at the moment - especially for those not on the email list (for those that aren't and want to be - email [email protected] and Gene will sort it out
smile.gif
)
What I am thinking of doing is this:
1) Open a Bank Account specifically for this purpose (and future parties) - to allow donations to be deposited straight into the account. I reckon a $10 deposit is not alot to ask considering this will go to help all of us - eventually.
2) There are a few of us that are sharing the overhead cost by putting in some money to cover stuff like sound rig, lighting, generator, etc etc etc, and also all the acts are playing for free so, we are looking to cover our costs, plus whatever else for Bluelight!!!
3) We are going to do a bit of a budget projection on the weekend at our "meeting" so we should have some more definite figures for those that have said they wish to contribute to the initial set-up.
4) We, in reality, will need about 100-200 people to cover everything with some left over for the website. PLEASE PLEASE if you are in Melbourne - make some arrangements and get your asses down to the party. This is for us, to help us, and keep Bluelight the constant source of entertainment that it is. This party is for all of YOU...
Once all this is done, I will provide the details of the bank account and we can take it from there.
smile.gif

Just for those doubters - I worked for Westpac for 4 years and have been with the Tax Office for 1.5 years - I am not going to steal your money - then I'd have to answer to Gene - Fuck that
wink.gif

Looking forward to seeing you all there
smile.gif

------------------
Carola's humblest servant
VaN d

Well count me in (Like I can get out of it)
Any help with heavy lifting etc, consult the big man. As far as money - no probs.
I missed the last, Im not missing this one.

Sunflower: ;P
Van Diemen: People won't be to make arrangements if they don't know when it the party is!
The bank account sounds like a good idea tho...
Acolyte: The last one was Psyentist's, this one is for everyone!
(and that includes any interstate people who can make it down...)
Oh yeah, some idea of what date people want to have it on would be good... let us know when you want it to be...
------------------
-=Common Sense isn't all that common=-

As for a date, I've been looking at the calendar and I was thinking that the 20th of Jan would be a good date (that's a Saturday, right?)
I still have to run this past the other guys though. It's hard at this time of year because there's so many good parties and you can't keep everyone happy.
At the moment I don't think that we're looking for any more people to join the organisational crew (we have a shitload of people already), but on the weekend of the party I'm sure a few extra hands would work out.

i ill be there too
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

moneys no problem at all, would be happy to make donation ..
smile.gif

Cheers Van Diemen. The bank account is a great idea.
One thing though - why's a guy like you working for the tax office?
wink.gif

Finn - Cos he gets to have 12 weeks off a year paid, unlike us lower class in the ATO (sob)

You guys should know I will support it.
Just been a little too busy to log on.
P