Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Jungle/Drum and Bass Lovers

raw

Bluelighter
Those techno folk have their own thread about their obsession. I thought it was time all the rudebwoys and rudegirls started talk about their favourite style (I am still on about Jungle here).
So let me start of with some topics I would like to read other people's opinions on:
Top 5 tunes at the moment:
1. Krust: Jazz Note 3 (Total Science Remix)
2. Solid State: Just a Vision (Marcus Intalex and ST Files Remix)
3. State of Play: Searchin' (Matrix Remix)
4. Ram Trilogy: Titan
5. Danny Byrd: Do it Again
6. Roni Size: Out of Game (I can never stick to just 5...)
What are you dying to get hold of:
J Magick and Kathy Brown: Love is Not a Game (Its on its way to my mailbox, woohoo)
Ram Raiders
Virus Album: The Creeps (Reach out: drools...)
Mixtapes you are caning in the car:
Moving Fusion live at Koncrete Jungle (Slammin Pressure)
Jumping Jack Frost Helter Skelter 96 (Classic set, GQ and MC MC work with the Frost so well)
Who is crying themselves to sleep because Andy C is not coming??
ME
Who is hyped about Ink and Loxy at Sci Fi in Perth?
ME
Ok I think that might be enough to get the thread rolling. We can make this thread strong, just no tearing off heads and spitting down necks over disagreements. Just remember its all about respec'
peace
raw
"I tell the DJs what to play ya see, wheel back the tune for me sir!"

raw my man, did i ever tell you that you're fuckin the smartest beatz-fan i have met? i didnt? well you are now.
why the fuck didnt i think of this thread idea? now theres a spot for all the breakz discussion to centralise instead of being all over the place.
ok, well i'm going to check out a few of those that you mentioned, and i'd just like to kick start my involvement in this thread by saying who told you you could do it like this?
there. yes i am happy now.
looking forward to hearing the full new size.
a few of us melbourners checked out mickey finn a couple of weeks ago at tekstep.. and let me tell you he brought the house down.
it was un-fuckin-believable.
yes, he played that new size track which i just reffered to above, and some ed rush was definitely in there..
i think i am going to grow to love this thread.
thank you man, thank you.
------------------
Note: This message is for informational and entertainment purposes only.

Thank god someone started this thread! Bloody techno
smile.gif

Top 5 at the moment yet not necessarily recent releases:
Solid State: Just a Vision (Intalex St Files RMX); sorry had to copy you... mad track.
Shrapnel- Usual Suspects (Rmx cant remeber who by)
Messiah- Konflict
Hide You - Kosheen, i know, i know it gets flogged but i still like it.
Elevation- Zion I (does anyone know where i can get their album on CD?)
Andy C is a pussy. Lonely my ass. I would have hung out with him. Rumour abounding that he actually played in NZ. Confirm/Deny?
Looking foward to: the next Xstruction in Sydney. Anyone who heard Koda and Semper-Fi's set knows why, oh yeah Mechwarrior as well.
Pissed off that: the Sydney rave promoters are too greedy and shut off to let drum and bass into the scene instead of the bollcoks they flog now.
Oh well gonna have to throw my own party.
------------------
"No sane man will dance" - Cicero (106-43 BC)

raw - just downloaded that solid state track. listening to it now, and you're right it does sound mad. mmmmmmm
icon14.gif

ok heres a few i like that i got off napster:
Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl (cause its so phukin phat)
DJ Die & Suv - War & Peace
Aphrodite & Mickey Finn - Dark Selector (cause its got that rewind halfway through)
(this list is to be continued)
[This message has been edited by MíkeySåmmy (edited 11 October 2000).]

OY!!! dr rico yi, dont bag techno!!!
anyway bak on topic....
i wanna get that old claasic trak,
"Circles" By Adam F.
Its real....nice.
And now bak to the techno forum......
------------------
Let the Bass KIK

Alright first, Bigup to all of you headz that have posted! Good to get this thread going!
Circles is a class class tune. On that Jack Frost tape I mention in my opening message.
Ah just spent my lunch time down at Central Station.
New purchases this week:
Solid State album - has a Total Science Remix ah these guys are my new gods!!
Essential Rewinds Sampler Renegade Hardware -Digital: Lockdown is just class, Usual Suspects: Sceptic shits over their EP (in my opinion) but Dylan: Dominion is just MAD!
Also got Tronik Funk repress on Test, some fine Dillinja bizness.
Andy C = Pussy, er well...I just wish he was coming damnit! Remember its Andy "Badboy" C
Couple more on my wish list:
Moving Fusion + Andy C: Foulmouth (heard it the other weekend when Konflict played)
Origin Unknown : Just Around the Corner (got it on a DJ Zinc Kiss FM tape smooth sweetness)
Origin Unknown: Elevator
Doc Scott: Golden Fingers (Goldie Remix of Liquid Fingers....)
Matrix: Climate
Teebee: Let Go
Ok I will stop for now and start breathing again...phew
peace
raw
"We level off at 170bpm injecting drum and bass music"

aiight, LiL miSs thaNg here crawls out of her little dark corner, pokes her head up n says YO! bout time foo'!
current fave tracks include
dieselboy~invid-future cut second coming... cant wait to get my lil hands on that newie i tell you!
moving fusion were ACE @ addiktion, raw, i gottah get me sum of that koncrete jungle
wink.gif

size+reprazent... mikey.. who told YOU you could do it like this?
biggrin.gif

a track i _REALLY_ want to get my hands on, not exactly jungle, more of a dark 2step track, DJ luck + MC neat.. a little bit of luck [dRoOLz]
aiight. nuff said
peace + luv
xox wiSdoMiKaL
LTJ + conrad... how beautiful and melodic it can be
smile.gif

I only said Andy C was a pussy because of the rumour that: GQ pulled out of the tour and Andy didnt want to spend two weeks on his own, Shimon offered to come but RAM management said no and scrapped the whole thing.
Therefore i believe if andy c is such a rudebwoy he could handle two weeks in Oz alone. like i said he would have been welcome to chill at mine
wink.gif

Oh yeah I wasnt being serious with that techno comment: just to prove it
Bloody techno
smile.gif

More faves: anything by teebee..anything
cairo- v-tek
ed rush- shadow boxing
cutty ranks- limb by limb
Ming and Fs- Hell's Kitchen
ill shut up now
------------------
"No sane man will dance" - Cicero (106-43 BC)

and maybe its because im a chick, but who is into the deeper sounds and vocals?
kingkooba~fooling myself
I LOVE IT!! bring it on
nuff said
xox wiS~fiZz~doMiKaL

Nope, its got nuthin to do wif u being a chik,
I luv deep and smart sounds, not too much a fan of the midless noisy type sh!t
smile.gif

(unless its techno ofcourse, but i still prefer inteligently crafted trax over bang doof slam type stuff)
Oh and sexy haunting female vocals,
but not singin!, just a well placed vocal here and there, ooh yee.
------------------
Let the Bass KIK

ahhh wiked, just started to get into dnb a few months ago but im moving fast, this thread will be great for a little education for me
smile.gif

------------------
"My god has a bigger dick than your god." -George Carlin

I guess Andy has his reasons... He is a FIFA fan, maybe if you have a playstation he might come...
Thing is I don't understand the rumour. I thought Andy C was RAM management, it is his label, if anything I thought it would be the booking agency him and Shimon are with that would kick up a fuss.
Vocals ah yeah. Most of the tunes in my top five were vocal licks. That new TeeBee one Let Go has vocals, one of the best cuts with vox I've heard (of course its on an Andy C Kiss FM tape!!) Also new Ed Rush and Optical: Reach Out (reach out for that girl...) pure class.
Another vocal cut: Reeltime: Mine on Full Cycle very infectious.
All through the Solid State album you have some female vox here and there, thats what I like!!
But for smoothness and vocals, cant go past the new Guy Called Gerald album, Essence. Listening to it right now as I pretend to work. Not dancefloor stuff but great beats, atmosphere and production!!
I think I am my own worst enemy with starting this thread, I will be posting non-stop now...
peace
raw
"Oh my gawsh"

yeah thats my opinion as well : i would love breakbeat era so much more if it wasnt for leonie laws.. just dont like the singing.

u post freak!
oh another k00l oldie is "the instrumental", q-project,
very luscious and beautiful, yum.
------------------
Let the Bass KIK

hehe - this saturday at creation they are having an entire room of drum'n'bass - ooooooh, there's gonna be one happy bluegirl come this weekend ... ohboyohboyohboyohboy i just can't wait!!!!!! dj surreal and parameter ii are playing a 3 hour set!!!!!! sorry - it's just we don't get that much dnb up here in bris - i mean the scene is growing stronger and stronger but it has to compete with all that hardcore, hardhouse, nu-nrg, hard-nrg cheese (sorry - imfho) that the speed freaks love
cd i'm into at the moment - drum and bass 2000 (friend lent it to me - nice)
cds i want - too many, too broke but i REALLY want the grooverider cd, and i found the big bud cd the other day but when i went back to buy it it was gone
frown.gif
and maybe the new ltj buken cd (anyone heard this - reports??)
whinge of the moment (or maybe year) - ltj bukem not coming to bris, *sob*
------------
the music is the minds of those who choose to move - yeah, conrad, yeah!!!!

Yeah I think I have OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Posting Disorder)
MikeySammy: Some Breakbeat Era tunes can grate a bit, her voice is pretty harsh. But some of the remixes which use the vox in a more dubby style are serious rollers. Our Disease remix is class!!
Demonstrate by Kosheen uses vocals in a more minimal way. Yep this is another on the wishlist. Dj Lee played it here in Perth a couple of weeks ago.
Cybaspace featuring Shanie (from Alex Party!!) had a good fusion of vocals and hard beats. I remember last year when I saw Bailey and he played Life (remixed by Dom and Roland) just blew my mind. Plus the D+R cut: Can't Punish Me, first heard Loxy play it late last year!! Both dark and dangerous but with good vocals.
Alright no more posts today from me..thats it! Time to go home and rinse the new plates
peace
raw
"Is it love or purely fantasy, are you just a vision painted in my mind?"

ohh yeahh I LOVE that dom & roland track "cant punish me" - one of the recent classics in my opinion. i reckon thers quite a few good things on moving shadow - i've had a listen to some ez rollers, oh yeah and aquasky..
the other 'recent classic' with good vocals is kosheen - hide you.. i love that one too. every time i hear it, doesnt matter if im at the back of the place or sitting down or whatever.. just gotta get up and dance!
------------------
Note: This message is for informational and entertainment purposes only.

'sup.
jungles okay. :p
i think my favourite track at the moment is 'center of the storm' the size track with de la rocha vocals.
it's not jungle, but i recently got an album called el oso by 'soul coughing', its more or less an indie album, but it's drumming is definitely influenced by jungle.
word is bond.
ps. leonie laws is my mother! don't diss her mikey!
------------------
..I painted this picture when I was last on LSD, groovy isn't it?

thoughts as they come out of my head, so apologies for the disjointedness (shitty day)
fav tracks of the moment - Tumpa by BC @ Trace and Ram Trilogy - Titan EP
Mickey Finn rocked the locals here in adelaide a few weeks back, still, his set was a little to similar, a lot of Ram basslines and the such, was suprised to hear him drop Shy Fx "Original Nuttah" though...love that tune
smile.gif

still, Systems AD's set was good, played a lot of techstep d&b, and i was loving that, but the sound didnt do it all justice....
annoyed Andy C isnt coming...grrr..just got a 140meg mp3 off Napster today of a set of his from Kiss 100 on Aug 24, sounds quite sweet so far...
also, curious...who do people think has the best d&b scene in australia???
my vote is perth - resin crew came over a few months ago and they were fucking awesome.
melb has never done much for me...
and adelaide is sooooo fucking stagnant (all the same) now, with only the small promoters doing the good shows (Konflict @ Rumble)...
anyway, enough rambling
./cf

niiiice ppl niiiice. yeah luuurve da dnb but know so little about it.. hmmm
got that shy-fx trak on a jungle compilation, kinda old. n i got all these tapes off 2-SER monday nights with like V-TEK and mechwarrior on em. need to get some more of those.
so i wanna talk jungle radio in sydney. u got 2SER monday nights... any others? pity radiodex is out, got some heaps good stuff off that. coz i'm such a povo bastard i like to tape my freebies of the wireless. so ne other dnb out there on the wavelengths peeps???
got a link here for peeps interested - www.breakbeat.co.uk/
its called drum'n'bass arena. got a massive selection. anybody else got links to share, i'd appreciate em.
tony
smile.gif

------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.