Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Etiquette

Mr. Horse

Bluelight Crew
The internet has been around for quite a while now, and for years people have been hiding behind their computers. See, we can all be superheros, 8 year old girls or 50 year old men. We never have to deal with confrontation on the net, and if we choose, we dont even have to know what they look like.
We create our own community within our computer, living our lives through chat rooms or message board sites, such as bluelight. While this can be great, there is an ugly side which cant be ignored; this is, lacking in basic human confrontation skills. We all may not be the most confident people in the world, but I would like to think we can deal with sticky situations in an appriate manner.
Just think: before you post that email to your girlfriend/boyfriend after she has treated you badly (yes, i'm a culprit) take a minute to reflect. What am I saying in this email that cant be said face to face? SMS's are the same. Its very easy to get angry at someone without actually dealing with them. This is why flame wars become so intense and full on, a lot of people cant deal with confrontation properly, thus when they get infront of a computer, they are invincible to the world. This is something only individuals can deal with, but in the mean time, take the time to read over this and think before you post mmmkay?
wink.gif

There is nothing we can do to change the anonymity of the internet and bluelight, but there are a few things we can do to help avoid ugly situations such as the recent flame wars that have been happening.
Firstly, respect that not everyone will have the same opinion as you. Yes, you may not agree with it, but respect their opinion, just as you would hope yours would be.
Secondly, personal grudges are petty and juvinial ok? There is no need for mindless flaming just because you have a hatred for the person. Please keep all personal attacks to email and icq, or by whichever means you feel fit, just keep it off bluelight.
Thirdly, dont EVER forget that the internet has no tone!! The difference between putting a little winking face after your comment can be the difference between a friendly poke and the begginings of a flame war.
And lastly, please dont EVER take anything too seriously. Perhaps we have had a bad day (hey, it happens you know!!) and we let something slip we perhaps shouldnt, please dont get too defensive about it. Take it with a grain of salt.
Thankyou for taking the time to read this, and I hope you will consider what I have said. Please dont ever be afraid to email me and tell either myself, haste, tarsarlan, mona, entropope, Its Chaos and johnboy about any converns you may have regarding bluelight. We are here to serve you dont forget.
Anything you feel needs to be added, please reply. Cheers - Horse
smile.gif

------------------
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past" - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Well said Mr.Horse
smile.gif

------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene....

id also like to add that we should be nice to our parents!
smile.gif

------------------
The drummer from def leppard has only got one arm!
[This message has been edited by MorpheusDaq (edited 10 October 2000).]

ohhh i dont know whats been going on with all this stuff really but this thread obviously needed to be posted *sighs*, jeeze ..... BE HAPPY PEOPLE
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
, like Mr. Horse said, dont take stuff so seriously and play nice!
------------------
~peace out~
[This message has been edited by *sunflower * (edited 10 October 2000).]

All too true Mr. Horse.
Lets save the serious discussions for face-to-face confrontations. And if those people can't argue face-to-face, they shouldn't be arguing at all.
The weekend at "Where The Wild Things Are" was a very personal, enlightening and a very awakening experience for more than a few people in attendence. It conjured up some powerful emotions that had been held back for some time. I guess letting them out in text form is much easier than screaming them out at your mum who doesn't have a clue what you're talking about
smile.gif

Lets all be Horsey, and nice
smile.gif

Daq: You just CAN'T help yourself can you?
------------------
If life is like a box of chocolates, then what the hell is a Turkish Delight?!?

id like to thank BL for being positive towards me during the days of "attacks on HK".
all u BL'ers r jus big soft teddy bears at heart! its ok to deny it!
*big HUGs wif little paws to all*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

Decimal Dan: Nah i cant. This is the social forum afterall so i see it as a forum to muck around in. I agree with all of what mr horses posted but im allowed to joke around a bit if i want to. Serious shit all the times just gets on my nerves.
I actually didnt see a problem with your thread that got deleted either. I thought it was entertaining. So what if you thought Robert Anthony was shit. IF you think hes shit say it. Thats cool/ And so what if ppl thought you were wrong. Nothing wrong with some arguing and name calling as long as people can all handle it. No need to delete a thread in my opinion. Disagreements and aruguments are good fun!!
------------------

ahh fuck i might have sounded angry in the above post so i shall put a smiley face to clear it all up ok.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

hehe dan you also left a smiley face off when you put wrote that i just cant help myself. Now i hope you were joking there...OR uhmm were you having a go huh???
were ya?
are you starting me hey..
do you wannaa take this outside, techno boy?..
Well thats it..Its on@!!!!
smile.gif

i think ive definatly lost the plot today. Arghh
------------------

Daq: Yeah shit, I left the smiley face off! Doh!
We love your antics around here. Life would just be too boring without you.
You know we all love you
smile.gif

And it was I who deleted the thread, coz MikeySammy made me feel like the lowest of the low, and I didn't really want anyone else to see me crumble.
But hey, as I said, shit happens! And as Mikey of the Bovine crew happily announces time after time: "It's alright. It's all good!"
WOOO! Bring on the Ballarat Bovines and Alphabeaters!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Danos Direct -> OUT!
------------------

i disagree Daq.
and it wasnt only that thread.
and its not just mucking around when some people are getting victimised and some people do take it to heart.
though i do like the stupid posts you leave daq, does lighten things up a bit, and i know thats all thats intended

Yeh Dan i knew you must have deleted your own thread. I read it before it got deleted and saw most of the stuff in it and from what i remember there was nothing really bad in it anyway.
So you definatly should not feel like the lowest of the low. After all, thats my position here on bluelight...If you try and take it again, ill call ya robert anthnony
smile.gif
!!
------------------

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Daq, you take the cake mate...
smile.gif

------------------

Well THIS is a reply to mikeysammys reply to my reply to decimal dans reply to my reply to mr horses topic.
I accidently posted my above reply (being the reply after the reply i left about decimal dans reply to my original reply(which was the parents line! ) to mr horses topic(which was concering something about internet ettiquete) before i saw mikeys post disagreeing, otherwise i would have put this all in the same msg(the one above) and saved some bandwdith.
Anyways. SO getting back to the purpose of THIS reply...Yes THIS one..The one where i have to reply to mikeysammys reply(where he disagrees with me) to my reply to decimal dans reply to my reply to mr horses topic.
SO mikey......Umm...........You disagree hey.
Well umm, you smell bad, so there!
---------Please Note-----------
THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT CONTAIN ANY SMILEY FACES FOR THE EXPRESS REASON THAT IF YOU DONT REALISE IM JOKING WHEN I SAID MIKEYSAMMY (WHO HEREIN SHALL BE REFFERED TO AS M.S) SMELT BAD YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. HE DOES NOT REALLY SMELL BAD AT ALL AND I AM IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER FLAMING M.S OR TRYING TO PUT M.S DOWN. I PERSONALLY HAVE ASSOCIATED WITH M.S ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS AND HE SMELLS QUITE NICE.
IF YOU DID THINK I WAS BEING SERIOUS WHEN I SAID M.S SMELT BAD AND YOU ARE NOW TAKING OFFENSE AT MY ABOVE REMARK ABOUT YOU BEING A FUCKING IDIOT WELL, UHMM, BAD LUCK. I MAKE NO APOLOGIES FOR YOUR STUPIDITY AND YOU SHOULD BLAME YOUR PARENTS, NOT ME, OR ANY ONE ELSE ON BLUELIGHT FOR THAT MATTER!.

Nothing to add to Mr. Horse's post, he summed it up pretty damn well. I would like the highlight his third point tho! I have a habit of being sarcastic quite a bit, tho I've held back most of the time when posting here... but sarcasm doesn't transmit that well over the internet so if a post seems insulting, but it just doesn't seem to fit, its prolly sarcastic, so don't take it seriously... and if someone is being insulting they don't deserve to be taken seriously anyway...
And on that note, Morphy, you're a goddamn pain in the ass!!! Bloody trouble maker!
(note the absense of a smilely face... Now if anyone thinks I'm being serious tho, they deserve to be shot!
wink.gif
) <-- ooo look a winking smiley face! fancy that!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

And dammit Daq ya had ta go and post that last one b4 me didn't ya... damn work taking up all my precious bluelight time!!
P.S. the corinitian is the one who smells, so leave MikeyS alone!
------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 10 October 2000).]

..fallen off the chair, rolling on floor laughing my fuckin ass off..
*FOCROFLMFAO*
insomnidaq has spoken..
and i am in stitches..
icon10.gif

Morphy, you're a goddamn pain in the ass!!!
Bloody trouble maker!

Tarsarlan..i resent that. You left no smiley/winking smiley face immeditaly after that comment and not even so much as a footnote to say you were being sarcastic or just joking. How am i supposed to know EXACTLY what you mean by that and exactly what your intentions in that comment are. Please remember that Bluelight is a place of strict P.C'ness where we must all be nice to everyone and love everyone and be happy all the time and never disagree or argue.
In addtion to that we must also Hug everyone on the street cause they are all our friends, even if they are asking for our wallets and brandishing firearms.!!! Give that they may grow!
Everyone sing with me, 'We are the world, we are the children , we are the ones to make a better day so lets start giving.'
SO tarsarlan..Im in tears now. You owe me five kleenex's, not to mention the money it will cost me for the countless hours of counselling i will have to endure after your remarks. So expect a big bill coming your way buddy, and maybe next time you will consider my fragile feelings before posting such remakrs. I take that shit to heart@!!
p.s
In the lines of the immortal Homer Simspon 'In case ya didnt notice i was being sarcastic'..
and Tarsarlan.....You rock. Sarcasm is the greatest. You can call someone an idiot and then just write it off to being sarcastic. how i love it so.! hehe!!!
smile.gif

ALL BLUELIGHTERS ARE IDIOTS!
------------------

oh gawd you guys shit me ( )<----------Note where a winky face might be placed in some situations. Not this one!!
eh... what the hey
smile.gif

can you guys carry this convo on somewhere else, I actually want people to read this and contribute something worthwhile.

The Social forum. What's it for??
To dribble shit in.
And that's exactly what these guys are experts at - dribbling shit.
But its worth it, what a fuckin laugh!
smile.gif

MOHAHAHAHAHAHA!
smile.gif

------------------

Mr horse: Nah we like it here
smile.gif

Besides ppl will still read your post and contribute if they want to anyways. Dont be a downer!!!
------------------

Nah guys, let it go, we'll invade another thread with our insanity... your choice Morphy!
------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.