• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Sunifirams Structure: NDRI?

M3phisto

Greenlighter
So i have been looking at Sunifirams (a drug marketted as an ampakine like nootropic) chemical structure lately and i was confused because it is chemically so very similar to benzylpiperazine.
Sunifiram.png
<---Sunifiram
Benzylpiperazine.svg
<---Benzylpiperazine

so basically it is a 4 substituded cathinone analogue of BZP. Shouldnt this chemical be active on DA,NE and Serotonin like other BZP derivates?
Or do BZP Ketones just not work like phenetylamines? (i mean the 4 substitution should not hinder it from beeing active since i guess that one would be metabolized first meaning it should rather increase potency due to longer half life)

Ive read some reports about this nootropic but they dont seem to differentiate sunifiram from other ampakines in terms of stimulant potential.
does anyone have any papers on whether or not it is amphetaminergic active or did anyone ever take this and experience amphetamine-like effects?

would be pretty interesting for me as an adhd person to have an ampakine ndri^^

greetings
M3ph

I don't know. I assume that it might have some NDRI action, but not nearly as much as BenzylPiperazine(BZP).
There's AceticBenzylPiperazine(AcBZP) which is more similar to sunifiram and has a higher NDRI action than sunifiram, but the ampakine action is unknown and may be only somewhat present. BZP(BenzylPiperazine) has no activation of ampakine receptors.
AceticBenzylPiperazine interests me.
2rdalp3.jpg

AcBZP(AceticBenzylPiperazine).

Sunifiram's technically a benzoylpiperazine, not a benzylpiperazine, so I don't think it will have very strong effects as a NDRA. Changing an amine to an amide is different than making a beta keto phenethylamine. In cathinone you have another carbon spacing the ketone and the amine so you don't get conjugation over it making a less pH-basic amide.

ZMSLQO6.png

Last edited: