• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Paul Walker dead after car crash

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
Actor Paul Walker, best known for his role in the Fast and Furious franchise, died on Saturday afternoon after a car accident in Valencia, CA. He was 40 years old.

“It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend’s car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences,” a post on his official Facebook page said.

“Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the Fast and Furious films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul’s family,” a rep for Universal said in a statement.

A spokesperson for the Santa Clarita Valley Station confirmed to EW that deputies responded to a traffic collision in Valencia on Saturday afternoon and discovered a vehicle in open flames. The accident appeared to be a single-car collision against a fixed object near the road. The fire department extinguished the flames and located two bodies trapped inside the vehicle, both of whom were later pronounced dead.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/11/30/paul-walker-dead-car-crash/

I just found this out a little while ago. Rest in peace, Mr. Walker.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/11/30/paul-walker-dead-car-crash/

A spokesperson for the Santa Clarita Valley Station confirmed that the driver was going too fast and also too furious.

It seemed like everyone last night was driving 100 mph on city streets to "honor" his memory. I've never seen so many speeders.

As I said in the car chase thread, the drive-fast movies should all have multiple passenger and pedestrian fatalities for the sake of realism and social responsibility.

^sort of agree, it would certainly add depth and substance to these shallow stories, but then that aint the fun the specific target audience really wants. :\

if high speed crashes and pedestrian fatalities aren't fun cinema then i don't know what is

"alice's adventures through the windshield glass" needs to be made, dammit.

you know i always did find walker appealing. (summons Max Power)

There's no irony here, just as it isn't ironic when one of us dies from an OD. Paul Walker and Roger Rodas were racers and they died doing what they loved.

Walker-and-Rodas.jpg

It wasn't racing that killed them. It was irresponsible driving, the same behaviour promoted in the f&f series of films.

It was a single car incident and that car ended up mangled and on fire. What if they had killed a pedestrian?

There are reports that they were racing some other car.

What if they had killed a pedestrian?

Then Fast & Furious 7 would've been cancelled. As it stands now, it'll probably have a huge audience.

I completely agree with you though. Our culture is largely ok with unsafe driving because it is so glorified in movies & games.

My prediction of anti-racer vigilantes has yet to come true, even though I've come pretty close to hoisting a rifle every time one of my pets is killed.

so the tragic irony of this is the films' message and the misuse of public roads. as racers they should know better than most people than to do shit like that. all reports of him being a top bloke in real life noted, this final act was fuckheadery of a considerably high order.

^
Don't really know how it actually went down. Hard to put the responsibility on Walker since he wasn't the one driving.

unless the driver was flipping out in a psychotic epiosode, both occupants are responsible. regardless of who's behind the wheel.

i remember him being attractive, but not attractive enough to watch shit films for. or he was 'supposed' to be attractive, you know. i kept abreast of the dreamboat machine as a kid. what was with all the girls thinking vin diesel was hot, though, is also a troubling thought.
like...death

"alice's adventures through the windshield glass" needs to be made, dammit.

you know i always did find walker appealing. (summons Max Power)

Sorry, mate. I'm not following. :\

Sorry, mate. I'm not following. :\

:!change your username. you can't not get this troy mcclure line and keep it. :X

"You might remember me from such driver's ed films as Alice's Adventures through the Windshield Glass and The Decapitation of Larry Leadfoot .
Here's an appealing fellow...
Duffless%20-%20Driver's%20Ed.jpg

in fact, they're a-peeling him off the sidewalk"

Last edited: