• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids "Recharging" Between Vicodin Doses

Daygone

Greenlighter
I have what seems to be a basic question, but I can't find anything on the net about it. If one is a regular, but non-daily user of Vicodin, how long a "rest period" should one take so as to get the best experience? I find that when I've been without, the first and maybe second time are cool, but then not so much afterwards. Will a few days off be enough? A week (other)? Thanks for any help!

Well it's tolerance that is making your consecutive days using less and less enjoyable. If you want to keep your tolerance and risk of physical dependance down I'd say don't do it any more than once a week. But even that's playing with fire. Once you start to notice that you're very much looking forward that one day you get to use, you're in the danger zone. Suddenly you'll justify maybe doing it twice a week and once you justify once, you'll have no problem justifying again and again...

Thanks. Yes, I definitely find myself looking forward to "my time", so it's something I need to be careful about. I was thinking at least a week.

I would say to keep it to 3x a month, with a minimum of a week in between doses. Using once a week will only allow your tolerance to drop to an extent. Like for me when my oxy tolerance was pretty high (needed around 180mg of oxycodone to get high) even when I took a break and started using once a week my tolerance wouldn't go below 90mg. If I took longer breaks it would get down to around 60mg, but if I went back to using once a week it was back to 90mg.

My habit got way worse from other things, but I was trying to advise you based on my experiences earlier on in my 'pill career' so it was more applicable to your current situation.

Tommyboy, thanks for the further input. On occasion, I've tried a break of a couple or a few days and I agree that is way too short a time, i.e, worthless. I was much worse back in the 1990s, but nowadays I'm older, etc. I think maybe I'll try going out a week the first time and ten days or more the second, to see if it substantially improves things.

Theres a slew of things one may use to potentate opiates
Among them:
Low doses of diphenhydramine (benydryl) [I have noticed that even in the 10mg range it is effective, and here you wont get much of the drowsy side effect.
Quinine, tablets are best but drinking about 1 liter of tonic will do it. (~hour prior)
Tagiment (sp?) anti acid tablets, contain citriminazine (once again, sp?) they are also helpful.
Grapefruits in general are a great thing with practically any substance,
Yeah.. Have fun. and don't under estimate the power of these helpers, they can effectively double the potency of opiates and some other substances

I've found the potentaters help sometimes and other times don't really have much effect. I have limited experience with them, though. I've seen some people say that one should also use antacids with grapefruit juice. Does that help with the experience, aside from the "acid stomach" feeling from the juice?

no, raising pH in your stomach aids in absorption. and the others i have mentioned have a more profound effect, they actually effect the metabolism of the substance, increasing action and effect. Its not just smoke and mirrors.

Edit:
Only oral absorption is helped with tums and other calcium anti stomach acid tablets. As far as i know it has no effect on any other path of ingestion and is solely attributed to stomach related use.

Thanks! I think you folks have covered my basic questions, though if anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

no, raising pH in your stomach aids in absorption. and the others i have mentioned have a more profound effect, they actually effect the metabolism of the substance, increasing action and effect. Its not just smoke and mirrors.

Edit:
Only oral absorption is helped with tums and other calcium anti stomach acid tablets. As far as i know it has no effect on any other path of ingestion and is solely attributed to stomach related use.

^ That's only with amphetamines.

Tommyboy, I take it that you mean antacids have no effect one way or the other on oral opiate absorption after the grapefruit juice. Is that correct?