• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is a q-tip cotton ball an acceptable way to filter ketamine for IM injection

Cashed

Greenlighter
Will the cotton off a q-tip work fine as a filter for IM'ing ket? Kinda scared of abscesses. I'm positive my product is 100% ketamine, positive.

One other question too, how much saline do i use for 125-150mg ket for a 1cc syringe?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have never done it myself so take what I say as you will but I'd be concerned with bacteria. If it is not prepped for IM at the point of manufacture I would not IM it without a micron filter. I have often considered doing it with my crystal but I get worried about the hands its gone through. I've shot penty of heroin but that's IV and I'm more comfortable doing that with the normal process because its IV.

As I stated I haven't done it but that is why I haven't.

If done right it will take out damaging sized material out of your dope. Never injected ketamine but the reason you filter is to avoid innoying to fatal issues from large materials. Most notable is avoiding clogged/damaged veins which cause anything from irritation to death by lets say blockage or clot. Research micron filters as they are better and without risk of cotton fever which can come from anything filtered with cotton and If I may add cotton fever is absolute legit hell.

I wouldn't be concerned, ketamine is clean and wont have any bacteria so you dont need to filter it.

If it's 100% Ket there isn't anything in the powder that wouldn't dissolve.

Generally speaking, for IM injection I wouldn't use anything at all that wasn't professionally prepared that way, but a micron filter is generally considered the next best thing. As for not ordering them that three dollars might save your leg or whatever so I would really reconsider that idea.

Injecting particulate matter deep into the muscle is horrifyingly dangerous. As for how much water to use for the ket, it is supplied at highest dosage of 100mg/ml and is generally diluted again with an equal amount of saline to create an isotonic solution prior to use.

You shouldn't have to filter ketamine if it is in a vial. If you are dissolving your own into water, sue distilled water and a 0.22 micron filter. A cotton ball is not needed and is a shitty filter anyway.

Don't use cotton balls.

I used ketamine IV/IM for well over a year, I would tread lightly as when I started using this way it drove my already high tolerance - sky high & if you are a ktard like I was it really will take a hold on you IME. Yeah it may not be physically addicting, but for me it was incredibly psychologically addictive. & at first it may seem like you are using less but I would end up going through a ball of excellent K in a night or two. I would take these homeopathic liquid drops (UNDA brand) for stomach/kidneys/liver whichever as the K did cause pain for me after abusing it for some time. It's good that I can't find it anymore because anytime I have found a small amount in the past year in the morning it's all I can think about but YMMV