• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Shaky hands. Solutions? :?

piller97

Bluelighter
Hello everyone.

Due to genetics I've always had pretty shaky hands(essential tremor).

I often find that this problem can become much worse after Ive taken adder all.
I also notice this problem when I have had like 3 or 4 coffees, especially if I haven't eaten much.

Just like the coffee, i find that this problem can be exasperated by lack of food, and therefor eating a bit usually reduces symptoms slightly.

But often I still find myself having a difficult time writing neatly(something I'm quite bad at, even when sober, due to my genetics).

I think its likely that a couple of you will have experienced the same issue, so I'm wounding if any of you have found any ways of managing it?

As always, any other thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

perhaps muscle relaxers? Benzos, soma, alcohol, ghb/gbl, gabapentin, barbituates, phenibut, etc would all probably help to some degree. Of course these would also weaken the effects of said stimulants, and can be quite habit forming. Maybe somebody else can recommend a non-narcotic way of helping the shakes

Happens to me.

Problem is I was on meth for like a decade. Now I have permanently shaky hands. It's very light but noticeable. I've learned that when I'm showing something to someone always hand it to them or rest my hand or arm on something as a brace.

The only thing that stops it is alcohol or ( do not do both at the same time) benzos. It's some kind of faulty signal coming from the brain and these dumb them down for some reason.

I'm not a big drinker, but it's Thanksgiving and I had (1) small glass of bourbon. probably 3 ounces. My hand is very steady right nor and I took 30 mg adderall through the day. 15 in the morning and 15 like 2 hours ago.

I wouldn't worry about it, it almost always happens when on a stim and for you will go away.

my genetic shakiness is somewhat like how you describe your acquired tremors are.

I also find that alcohol greatly reduces the problem.

I am soon being prescribed Beta-Blockers to hopefully help control my standard issue, perhaps this is something you should consider speaking to your doctor about?

good luck!
-p

Stimulants also cause my left hand to shake a bit. Quite common. Dopamine is involved in movement, think along the lines of parkinsons disease.

my genetic shakiness is somewhat like how you describe your acquired tremors are.

I also find that alcohol greatly reduces the problem.

I am soon being prescribed Beta-Blockers to hopefully help control my standard issue, perhaps this is something you should consider speaking to your doctor about?

good luck!
-p

IDK how much it'll help you but during every one of benzo tapers I have experienced major tremors and high blood pressure and meteprolol did indeed very much help with the both these problems, hopefully they'll help you with whatever is your underlying problem causing your shakes is. That being you might want to keep an eye on your blood pressure while taking adderrall and and beta blockers at the same time as there actions can theoretically lead to a dangerous cascade of escalating blood pressure, though this seems to be very rare and two are often prescribed in conjunction with no problems.

sounds like a real nightmare. my hands were shaking a little before i robbed the people at gunpoint that i had to in order to sustain my iv heroin and cocaine habit. valium or xanax i'd say would sort you right out.

IDK how much it'll help you but during every one of benzo tapers I have experienced major tremors and high blood pressure and meteprolol did indeed very much help with the both these problems, hopefully they'll help you with whatever is your underlying problem causing your shakes is. That being you might want to keep an eye on your blood pressure while taking adderrall and and beta blockers at the same time as there actions can theoretically lead to a dangerous cascade of escalating blood pressure, though this seems to be very rare and two are often prescribed in conjunction with no problems.

Well beta blockers are commonly used to help people with naturally occurring tremors, so it makes sense that they should help with the days that i don't take Adderall. But Im not sure how useful they'd be while tweaking. Also, As you mentioned, I am slightly concerned about possible blood pressure issues.

-p

levodopa? that'd be interesting seeing as it's a dopamine precursor, however it'd probably add to the toxicity (and euphoria) of amphetamines. you can get it online as a mucuna pruriens extract.

beware though, people have had psychosis from mixing levodopa and amps

I hate to suggest tha use of other potentially adictive substances to control your tremors, however, I dont know any other suggestions to give. Amphetamines, caffeine and other stimulants give me tha shakes as well, and tha only way I know how to control them is by tha use of alcohol, benzodiazapines, and/or barbiturates. These 3 classes of substances have a calming affect on tha GABA receptors in tha human brain, therefore causing relaxation, nervous system calming effects, as well as sedation. I would suggest alcohol out of tha 3 i mentioned due to its legality and lower abuse potential than benzos and barbs. Hope this helps!

On amphetamines I would not dose any other drug besides benzos, it can be very dangerous.
Although benzos will bring down your amphetamine euphoria, it will also take away some of the nasty side effects of speed.
Also, be careful because after staying awake for several days.
Taking a benzo with the amphetamines can make you hallucinate.

Get off the uppers would be the obvious answer. I don't think getting on benzos is necessarily the best solution. And this is coming from someone prescribed benzos. Let's just say that if I'm a bit shaky on benzos you can imagine what it's like if I miss a day after taking them long term. If nothing else I've found that adequate sleep and a good diet and exercise help a lot too.

Generally speaking taking more drugs to mitigate the effects of another is an overall poor strategy. If you are going to take beta blockers on top of phets don't abuse them, there is some really funky interaction involving the electrical function of the heart, can't recall what it's called right at the moment, however.