• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Technical questions about Oxycodone

brayne

Bluelighter
  1. I have time release oxy's without acetaminophen, but they irritate my stomach a bit.
    Is there any way I can avoid this discomfort?

I have thought of taking something against reflux with it,
    but am affraid it will reduce absorption/effects of oxy.
  2. Is hydrocone really easier on the stomach? Or is there another pharmaceutical opiate out there that is easier on stomach but still euphoric like oxycodone? I suspect it's the time release thing that's irritating the stomach, not the oxycodone itself.
  3. I weigh 140lbs/64kg and I take 10mg and two hours later 10mg more. This gets me really high for a long time. During the comedown I feel nauseated and unless I lay down and nod off into a blissful semi-sleep I have to vomit. Does it sound like I'm taking too much or are these effects normal?

Thanks for the help people

Last edited:
I've never had time released oxy but hydrocodone was more nauseating than oxycodone for me. I've taken both with omeprazole (Prilosec) and never noticed any decrease in effects.

tagamet is claimed to increase effects of opiates, seems hit or miss for me. omeprazole had no effect on opiates for me, but did its job in helping my stomache calm in the long run. Hydrocodone is often said to be a weaker opiate then oxycodone, in this way it may be less nauseating. Back when I first did opiates laying down seemed to take away the nausea. I now have such a large tolerance 90 mg of methadone isn't even bothering my stomach.

Hydrocodone hurts my stomach more than oxycodone, but I suppose that different people are effected differently. You can always try and drink a big glass of milk with your dose, or eat a small snack about an hour or so before you dose. Maybe some cheese and salami or some yogurt and fruit?

Allright thanks. I have one more question.
I'm positive that the time-release component in my oxycontin causes my stomach to burn.
I will take some omeprazol or ranitidine alongside it.

Is there anything else I could do to fix my insensitivty to the time release formula?

I was thinking about perhaps crushing up a pill and putting it in a half glass of soda,
because maybe the acid in soda would "pre-digest" the timerelease stuff...

Is there anything else I could do to fix my insensitivty to the time release formula?

I was thinking about perhaps crushing up a pill and putting it in a half glass of soda,
because maybe the acid in soda would "pre-digest" the timerelease stuff...

You'll find lots of other threads about this if you have OP-type OxyContin. Definitely try something like Prilosec or Tagamet.
You might also talk to your doctor (or dealer), about something else (or not do opiates), as this is kind of the nature of them, and you did say you get "really high for a long time."

Sorry what I meant to say was my oversensitivity.

So anyway, I did Oxy again today. This was my 3rd time I have had an opiate in my life. =D
I originally meant to wait a week, but these things are kind off addictive it seems as I waited only a half week.
Definately intend to wait a whole week this time because when I'm opiated i'm not doing anything at all and I need to sort my life out :)

The effects are now sort of wearing off, and strangely enough I'm getting nauseated again.
(only on the comedown for me, luckily not too much this time)

I'm not sure if this is normal for opiates but one second I will feel overwhelmingly high,
then it will calm down and I could feel like I need to take more... but then the high comes back.

It's tricky, because with effects like this it's easy to take more than would be comfortable.

I realized that getting some stuff done around the house or doing some exercise helped to re-activate the high when it was missing in action. (Get the chemicals flowing back to my brain i guess :) )