• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IV Heroin problem/question

Peel

Greenlighter
Hey guys, this is my first post, but I've lurked on bluelight for a number of years. Relatively new IV user here, and I just experienced a slight problem with a shot I did; it's nothing too scary, but nonetheless I'm curious because what happened draws some concerns to me regarding further use. Because I am shooting tar, and don't have a micronfilter I decided to try, for the first time today, using a syringe filled with cottons as a more capable filter than just drawing through a single cotton. Here was my procedure:

I prepared a small shot of decent quality bth in 25 units of distilled water. I sadly did not have any sterile water or saline solution on hand. I stirred the solution with the end of a plunger until the heroin fully dissolved into a light brown liquid. I pulled the solution through a cotton and then piggybacked it into another syringe that was stuffed with cottons. The solution was then pushed through the cottons, back onto the spoon. It came out of the needle as a brown foam, with a yellowish tint. Finally, I pulled the solution through a cotton, into a final syringe.

NOTE: When with drawing the needle out during my injection, I think a small amount of solution may have slipped into me; immediately after injecting I was left with a small bump, which I ran under hot water. What was unexpected was that a hot white large (5cm x 5cm) rash formed over the injection site.

I have three concerns:

1. If I wasn't mistaken about the yellowish tint to the solution, is that a legitimate concern? Could it be something from the cottons I'm forcing into solution?

2. The rash

3. Also upon injecting my heart raced really really fast, which I I don't think I've ever noticed happening so intensely (or at all) with injecting bth

i hate to scare you, but u almost certainly hit an artery. its the only logical reason for your heart race increasing (someone correct me if I'm wrong). it is normal to get a small histimine reaction from dope (raised hive type marks), but it will be worse if you hit an artery. your body doesn't filter out the shot this way. did your hand swell at all? when you hit an artery it travels away from your heart, towards your hand.

what was your injection sight? some are trickier/higher risk than others. what angle do you hold your syringe? keeping as close to the surface as possible is safest.

i can't speak to the yellow-ness. I'm east coast. but, an amber color is completely normal with less refined east coast dope (closer on the scale to tar).

I hit a pretty common vein for me, the one that runs along the inside ridge of my arm (opposite side as my forearm). When holding my syringe I hold it at an angle parallel to my arm/vein as I go in. This morning there isn't any sign of irritation on the site anymore, but it's slightly sore to the touch.

if you mean the vein in the crook of your arm closest to your body there is an artery there that runs just under the vein. i can't say I've looked at a chart, but there is one referenced in the IV complications mega thread I THINK. or just google it. lol.

I've hit one there. IF that's where you meant. i didn't have to dig to hard for it either. :( if you use long tips (you prob do) its possible.

have you noticed a color change in the blood you register? arterial blood is brighter. instead of blossoming into the syringe it will shoot in fast. maybe without even pulling back the plunger. i obviously can't tell you for sure. but, the couple times i did it my heart rate immediately shot UP. scary up. i had a reaction that followed the artery down my arm and intp my hand. my hand swelled up pretty bad.

also, its possible to have only shot into your artery a little before ending back up in a vein or missing. in that case you wouldn't notice such severe symtoms, but the heart rate thing concerns me. i was okay despite how bad my reaction was. there was no "evidence" other than tenderness the next day. but i was also lucky :/