• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time hydrocodone user

daniel6616

Bluelighter
My friend sold me 50mg for $X. I need to know what is a safe first dose for someone who weighs 270lbs with no tolerance. I have taken tramadol for a while though.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want to be safe about it, take 30mg and see how that works for you, can always pop the remaining 20 later

at your weight (no offense, idk what kind of build you are but just straight numbers with a tram habit?)

id take all 50mg at once

That's really not a bad deal at all. What form are they in? Norco 10mg Hydrocodone / 325mg APAP, Lortab 10mg Hydrocodone / 750mg(?) APAP, or are they the lower dosage, 7.5 mg hydrocodone or 5mg hydrocodone.

I've done damn near every opiate/oid in every ROA minus butt-plugging it (which I've nothing against), but I've never done tramadol before, so I'm not sure how that would affect your tolerance to the hydrocodone.

I would recommend starting with 15mg hydrocodone for your first dose. (I would normally say start with 10mg and add as needed, but with your possible tramadol tolerance 15mg sounds about right.). Chew and Swallow those 15mg worth of pills (unless it's a syrup) and have a drink. Do this maybe an hour after some protein and it'll hit you the hardest. If after aprox 30-50 minutes you're not buzzing hard enough (which I sort of doubt) Take another 5-7.5mg, and I bet you'll be feeling perfect.

Just watch out with these insidious Opiates. They really get their teeth into some of us.

Also, I recommend some cannabis (if you enjoy the stuff) with that hydrocodone. Opiates + Herbs is one of the most relaxing combos around. And fairly safe too, unlike benzos + opiates--which though fantastic tends to lead to OD and/or Death, so it's not something to be taken lightly.

man 20 bucks to get one high out of it? i was hoping like 20mg would do it haha. i knew i was going to have to take more though i guess. Im pretty husky lol i work as a residential mover so i've got muscle too. I consider myself fairly healthy for now at least

That's really not a bad deal at all. What form are they in? Norco 10mg Hydrocodone / 325mg APAP, Lortab 10mg Hydrocodone / 750mg(?) APAP, or are they the lower dosage, 7.5 mg hydrocodone or 5mg hydrocodone.

I've done damn near every opiate/oid in every ROA minus butt-plugging it (which I've nothing against), but I've never done tramadol before, so I'm not sure how that would affect your tolerance to the hydrocodone.

I would recommend starting with 15mg hydrocodone for your first dose. (I would normally say start with 10mg and add as needed, but with your possible tramadol tolerance 15mg sounds about right.). Chew and Swallow those 15mg worth of pills (unless it's a syrup) and have a drink. Do this maybe an hour after some protein and it'll hit you the hardest. If after aprox 30-50 minutes you're not buzzing hard enough (which I sort of doubt) Take another 5-7.5mg, and I bet you'll be feeling perfect.

Just watch out with these insidious Opiates. They really get their teeth into some of us.

Also, I recommend some cannabis (if you enjoy the stuff) with that hydrocodone. Opiates + Herbs is one of the most relaxing combos around. And fairly safe too, unlike benzos + opiates--which though fantastic tends to lead to OD and/or Death, so it's not something to be taken lightly.

Thank you that seems like very valuable information. Ill see what happens, i always start off low anyway. I love cannabis! I do plan to mix them. I akways smoked when i took the tramadol

^Right on man, I'm sure you'll have a great night. Always best to play it smart, ya know? And I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised by the step up hydrocodone is from trams. I'm jealous I remember when my tolerance was that low. Enjoy your night, amigo.

I agree with these guys and the only thing I would add is that if you are doing opiates in the future always ask or do a dosage you know you will be ok with. Think about it like this: You can always do more but that one time you do to much to start off could be your last. I've seen people overdose from that to many times. Always do a safe amount and do more if your feeling good. Have fun my friend and stay safe!

You shouldn't need all 50mg if you've never used hydrocodone before. I'd say 20mg max, and ifthat doesn't feel like enough after about an hour, you could take more. What was your usual dosage of tramadol?

My friend sold me 50mg for XX dollars. I need to know what is a safe first dose for someone who weighs 270lbs with no tolerance. I have taken tramadol for a while though.

no price discussion

what is your experience with opioids in the past? what dose of tramadol do you typically take?

Just to be safe I'd start with 20mg, even when i had a slight tolerance, 30mg would get me decently high, although to be fair, i weigh a mere 130lbs so dosing may be different for you. If you don't think you're high enough within 45 minutes or so, titrate up until you feel content.

I'd think 15 mg a proper dose for a very nice time for a beginner, even with experience with tramadol. I wouldn't go any higher than that, really. It might sound low, but opiates are subtle and wonderful at the same time; you just have to learn how to enjoy them (some people do, at least). I wouldn't dive into a high dose then never be satisfied with a lower dose in the future.

if you want to be safe about it, take 30mg and see how that works for you, can always pop the remaining 20 later

at your weight (no offense, idk what kind of build you are but just straight numbers with a tram habit?)

id take all 50mg at once

Shit, for someone with no opiate tolerance, 30mgs could be way more than they need...I'd start off at 10 and go from there....you very well could end up taking them all over the course of 24 hours or so, but most people who don't use opiates regularly will definitely feel 10mgs....I remember getting high off that amount when I was a kid and got the ocassional Vic script...

I weigh a cool 200 and I've got a bit of a tolerance so I take about 6 at once.

My first time I think I weighed close to what you do and 20mg and 1 ounce of codeine syrup (60mg codeine) put me to sleep lol.

SO i'd say start with 2, wait 30mins, if nothing than pop 1 more.

Take tums before, I always do...kind of a ritual though I cant even tell if it helps haha!