• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids missed shot urgent

mrflowers00

Ex-Bluelighter
if i miss a shot where there is scar tissue when the swelling goes away will i be able to hit that spot again

Get a towel soaked in warm water and lightly rub the area, swelling should go down. Switch up your veins every now and then. IDK how experienced you are with IV, but I've found the deeper veins take longer to go bad than surface veins. I can slam into my bicep a week straight, but if I slam into the same vein in my hand or inner wrist more than two days in a row it's unusable until the bruising goes away.

What vein are you slamming into?

Yeah I don't see why not.. unless you collapsed the vein or something like that. But a regular old miss isn't going to stop you from being able to register in the same spot. It can get a bit more difficult, as the vein might shift slightly, the swelling causes you to have to go in at a deeper angle, etc.

if you already have scar tissue and miss in that spot often, you need to try a new spot. that was always a sign i was about to lose that vein. sometimes i can go lower on these scarred veins, but the blood takes longer to get through the scarred area. i end up with a histimine reaction where the scar tissue is. try to avoid that vein all together for a bit.

Yes you will be able to hit the vein again if you have missed. It may be a little harder and you might have to go deeper into it or at an angle like mentioned above but its possible. If there is scar tissue you might have problems hitting it over the scar tissue so I would recommend trying a different vein. If it is giving you a lot of trouble I would just find a new vein its not worth the struggle. If you like the vein that has scar tissue over it try the same spot on your other arm I find that my good veins translate from arm to arm.