• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin potentiiation of morphine through UGT inhibitors

RTrain

Bluelighter
I was doing some research on how to possibly make my H last longer. It seems the well known potentiators do nothing for heroin (or morphine for that matter) because morphine goes through glucuronidation, therefore the p450 enzymes are not a factor in its metabolism, so forget white GFJ and Tagamet, they are pretty much useless. This means the idea to make the morphine last longer is to inhibit the UGT enzyme, particularly UGT2B7. This study seems is where I read about all this info: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2704133/

So I quickly looked up UGT inhibitors and found a link from an old thread on this website, that link provided info on inhibitors, inducers and substrates for UGT enzymes. here is that link and the thread it came from:
thread - http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/586307-Sweet-UGT-enzyme-chart-(inhibitors-inducers)
link - http://www.pharmacologyweekly.com/c...medications-herbs-substrate-inhibitor-inducer

So there were clearly 2 UGT2B7 inhibitors listed there and they are both easily attainable and for the most part safe. One is Valerian Root, which I happen to have a bottle of right next here in my room and the other is Milk Thistle. Now I seem to have found a few mentions of the Milk Thistle being used to potentiate certain opioids (mainly saw people mention oxycodone), but it also apparently has CYA3A4 inhibitor effects, which would explain the oxy potentiation.

Honestly I can't seem to find any info on valerian and its potential to potentiate the opiates that require glucuronidation for metabolism. Of course there are some possible issues with this I can think of. One is simply how well does it inhibit the enzyme? Another is whether you really want to inhibit metabolism or morphine, seeing as M6G may be more responsible for the good effects of morphine than the parent drug itself. Should note, both VR and MT also apparently inhibit the UGT1A1, which I've read is the main metabolic enzyme to turn morphine to M3G, the nasty metabolite with so many bad effects.

Anyone every try to use either of these 2 UGT inhibitors to potentiate heroin or morphine?

I am most likely going to pop a few of these Valerian pills and see what happens, regardless. So I will see if I feel anything worthwhile from it.

edit:

Here is an interesting link I just found, I am not exactly sure what the % they are listing refer to, also they don't mention a dose, but here is the link:
http://herbpedia.wikidot.com/glucuronosyltransferase

Just wanna say that ADD is a better place for this thread. Maybe a mod can move it there.

I drink these bomb "Marley's Mellow Mood" green tea; they have chamomile, lemon balm, valerian, hops, and passionflower in them. Definitely make me nod harder, I wasn't aware valerian had potentiation potential along with it's synergizing sedating effect. Thanks for the tip rtrain ima do some research when I'm more energyized =D

I always found WGFJ and cimetidine extremely useful with morphine and heroin..... You must be doing it wrong...

I'd have posted in ADD if I were you

^Yea its kind of in the in between for ADD and OD. One of those questions they might scoff at in ADD, while here in OD I won't get much more than anecdotal info and opinions. If a mod wants to move it I am fine with that.

I can say that taken the Valerian Root, if anything, seemed detrimental and weakened the effects of my H. It wonder if the question I posed, whether it is actually a bad idea because its actually the metabolite M6G that is responsible for good portion of morphine's analgesia and euphoria (reports of it being 10x as strong as morphine) , might carry some signifigance to it.

I have used Cimet and GFJ and it does seem to do something for me. It is hard to say though. The most Cimetidine I have taken was 600 mg, is that really enough to notice a difference? Also do you usually combine the 2 or just use 1 of them at a time? It does stand to reason that it would have an effect on morphine metabolism as the P450 enzymes apparently have an effect on how the UGT enzymes work.