• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ketamine for Cocaine comedown

Vastness

Bluelight Crew
Posting this in this forum as I would prefer to get answers with some kind of scientific reasoning and explanation behind them.

For the last couple of months, mostly whenever I've been doing some cocaine, I make it a point to have some Ketamine around for when it's time to stop doing coke (either because it runs out or everyone involved makes a mutual decision to stop).

This seems to work fantastically well - I know some people don't really get a comedown from coke, but I have been one of the unlucky ones that often does. When there's no more coke I start to feel a bit edgy, paranoid and uncomfortable and become more acutely aware of persisting peripheral effects like increased heartrate and suchlike (I am also aware that these negatives may well be the result of adulterants in cut coke - it is only quite recently I have been able to obtain cocaine of higher quality, roughly the same time I realised K was good to do afterwards, so I cannot reliably put these side effects down to coke alone, although I suspect that I am prone to them).

Anyway the main effect I enjoy besides the fact that I enjoy Ketamine on it's own anyway is that after a few minutes that annoying craving for more cocaine is just completely and utterly gone.

Please excuse my rambling, in any case. My question is, from a purely scientific and biological standpoint, are there any immediate or long-term concerns with using Ketamine almost immediately after a cocaine binge of probably a few hours duration at least?

I have read that low dose K can increase heartrate which is perhaps not the best thing to follow coke with, but I'm not sure if this is a direct effect of the drug or a side effect of any mood enhancement effects (if it is the latter, presumably, I should be less concerned).

For the most part I understand that neither of these drugs in moderation is particularly stressful on either the brain or body of an otherwise healthy individual, but again, I would appreciate knowing if there are some increased risks that I should take into account when using them in such close proximity (if not actually combining them, at the moment, although I have to admit it is an idea I've toyed with).

There shouldn´t be any thing wrong in that combination. I´ve done it myself, and I know lots of other people have too.

Coke+Ketamine = CK1

There's the fact that the stimulation from the cocaine can mask the effects of the ketamine, causing you to dose more K than you would otherwise. I'd be especially concerned if you're taking those concurrently. If you let the coke wear off first that should be less of an issue.

Thanks for your responses.

endotropic, given that Ketamine is relatively physically safe even in high doses, why would that be a concern?

Setting is a safe one where accidental K-holes are not an issue.

It'd be like using radiotherapy to remove a non-cancerous cyst. Sure, you can do it.... :\

I don't follow. Ketamine has never been shown to be carcinogenic, to my knowledge.

I know you probably didn't mean that literally, and thank you anyway for taking the time to respond, but you may notice in my original post I asked that responses be backed up by some sort of reasoning, but you have not really provided any.

I would appreciate a little more explanation as to why you (presumably) think this is a bad idea.

Captain heroin means it's overkill. I sort of agree. Doing ketamine on a cocaine comedown is kind of like doing more cocaine on a cocaine comedown. It probably isn't going to do you any favours.

I have no overall idea about the safety of this one. Both drugs can cause tachycardia, so I'd be worried about cardiovascular consequences, but ketamine is surely less hazardous than cocaine do to its lack of sodium channel inhibition.

Silly, but one of my friends used to IV cocaine and ketamine together and called the combination "spaceballs". He survived doing it numerous times, but as I said, not sure of how long you'd get away with it for.

sekio said:
Captain heroin means it's overkill. I sort of agree. Doing ketamine on a cocaine comedown is kind of like doing more cocaine on a cocaine comedown. It probably isn't going to do you any favours.

How so? A single session of a few lines of K is largely neurologically innocuous, and its cardiovascular load appears quite minor (worlds away from additional cocaine).

ebola

Physiologically it is certainly a lot safer, but psychologically I don't think doing K will straighten you out from a cocaine binge.

Either you don't have any experience with ketamine or it's cocaine you don't know. Clearly not the combination of both anyway.

For some people the cocaine come down is extremely "painful" (I'm one of those) The craving for more cocaine is almost unbearable. The deep sadness of the empty bag :sus: I'd pay or do anything for a little more!

Snort a line of ketamine and all the negative feelings are gone, exchanged with the dissociative woozyness of the ketamine.

Suddenly your'e on ketamine instead, and ketamine isn't moreish, for me it's not anyway. Ta da problem solved.

I don't do cocaine anymore though, it's a waste of money and way too harmfull like most other stims, in my opinion.

jesus christ the thought of spaceballs is slightly terrifying haha

I've combined cocaine and K in most ways that you can, except for IVing. They both potentiate eachother in cool ways, K can make coke way stronger, or coke can make your k trip way wierder. Either way it's never felt incredibly bad for me.

the only time it did frighten me is when I drank some Promethazine-Codeine cough syrup, then I did some coke, then on the comedown of the coke I did a lot of K.

Doing that much k on the comedown of coke+lean made me feel like I was getting a bell ringer from the coke and nodding out from the opiates at the same time I was going into a K-hole, talk about being fucked up! I threw up and never plan to do it again.

K + Coke in one line was always known as a Bisco Line by me and my friends and at camp bisco I did them for almost three days straight 8o

sekio said:
Physiologically it is certainly a lot safer, but psychologically I don't think doing K will straighten you out from a cocaine binge.

Quite right. I think the point, though, is to terminate coke administration before it becomes a binge-proper.

ebola

Do you have a history of high blood pressure? Both ket and coke can cause hypertension independently, so it might be possible they would potentiate each other in this regard.

^ I don't have a history of either, fortunately.

In any case it would seem there aren't really any major issues with doing this, as I suspected.

I will just add as a point of interest also - in my experience, pure S-isomer Ketamine is far more effective at immediately terminating any lingering negative effects from coming down from cocaine. While racemic Ketamine is also effective, I do still notice some remnants of the coke-induced stimulation through the dissociated haze, whereas S-Ketamine is usually just overpowering enough that it's easy to forget I've even done any cocaine.

So...for better or worse, I don't think the resulting discussion has proven technical enough to warrant remaining in this subforum. Feel free to PM me if you consider the results of the imminent move to OD to be dissatisfying.

ebola

I was able to kill negatives of coke come down w K...
Had headache tension in neck general discomfort all gone.

Was going at it a good bit...

Took couple bumps of K went outside had smoke chilled out now in bed ready to pass out.

Apparently atm in UK club scene they are mixing the two and selling it as it's own drug, they call it Calvin Klein. Have been reports of ODs. Maybe gets the people with hypertension....? Maybe depends on ratios of C to K causing ODs?

I wouldn't take them concurrently myself. Def does kill the comedown though.

Too bad internet isn't a free place anymore. So not so many willing to come to BL and report experiences nowadays. You've also been blacklisted by Google. Searching your exact domain doesn't show you in results.

As to your rule resurrecting old threads. Should not apply to new info on threads topic.