• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Good consumption routine to avoid kratom dependency?

GordanMilky

Bluelighter
I have various strains (trying to find what I like best), I am wondering what peoples experience are with trying to avoid dependency while taking Kratom regularly. Ie 2mg 2x a day every other day for 2-3 weeks, then maybe taking a week break? Anyone have a routine that worked for them or someone they know?

Ps. I have never really take opiates/opioids with the exception of tramacet 75mg twice daily for a year (completely weened off as of 2 months ago)

I would say twice a week is the best you can do and avoid severe tolerance. In the beginning two level tea spoons is more than enough to test out a new strain.

Last edited:
Kratom dependancy involving plain leaf tends develop between 2 1/2 to 4 weeks. If I were you I would keep it to 2-3 times a week TOPS, with at least a day in between. It's very easy to fall into the habit of dosing every day.. DON'T DO IT. While kratom withdrawal is not anywhere near as bad as heroin or other strong opiate addictions they absoulutely suck. Take it from an addict, just be responsible with your use. This plant can be very beneficial if used in the right way. IMO eyeballing just doesn't cut it with kratom. Buy a simple 10$ scale from amazon. It will save you a lot of inconsistent doses ie. 1 day your underwhelmed the next day your dizzy and sick. It will also let you know how much your really consuming. Have fun :)

I have been taking Kratom semi-regularly for almost 2 years now. I use at most 3 times a week and take 5-10 day breaks every month or two. I also use other opiates such as hydrocodone, heroine, morphine and oxymorphone. All of those are used very sparingly and usually in 3-4 day binges then a couple weeks off. I have only ever had any form of withdrawals and that was after taking 120mg of morphine a day for 2.5 weeks. So keep you use down and never use more than 2 days in a row with lots of breaks between, you should be fine. I know I am really lucky to not have gotten dependent and it takes a lot of self control, so keep that in mind.

Using any mood altering substance regularly will eventually cause dependency especially one as addictive as kratom. Unfortunately almost all research concerning substance dependency describes the disease as progressive. According to research and personal experience - nothing lasts forever. It isn't possible to dose any substance regularly indefinitely. Two things will happen: Tolerance will increase and you will need to use more of the substance to reach desired effect and frequency in which you use the substance will increase. An example from personal experience specific to opiates would simply be my past oxycontin usage. I easily went from orally taking 20 mg every other day to intranasal dosing daily of over 80 mg at a time within 5 months. I'm sorry but what you're suggesting cannot be done.

Plain leaf is extremely forgiving when it comes to tolerance. My tolerance only goes up when I do kratom extracts.

I think I have great self-control. As i said I started 75 mg tramadol 2x a day last year, 150mg a day every single day. Somehow I managed to stay on that dosage for an entire year and a half while the pain relief and serotonin qualities never diminished. After that period I told the Dr i wanted to ween off of it and it wasn't horrendously difficult.

Thanks for your sharing your experiences everyone, I will be sure to start with a below average dose 3x a week with week long breaks. I have 5 different strains and I believe the mg dosage is different for every strain of kratom (not positive on that). I have heard the drug is actually more enjoyable (less anxious) in lower doses. Anyone agree with that?

yes...plain leaf has a line for me, when i take more than a certain amount I get no euphoria and just get what are called the wobbles where your vision is just fucked up and its really annoying not fun. Smaller amounts will give me more euphoria than big amounts, but it seems to effect everyone differently so you will have to find out yourself.

I think I have great self-control.

I'm sorry my friend but we all do. I thought so too and the next thing i knew i was in a treatment center shaking. Whether you come to accept it or not you really don't have much control over your body especially when it comes to topics as well researched as substance dependency/addiction. The only fact that i see fighting in your corner is that everyone is different, some people don't have very addictive personalities while others like me do. Just because you lack an addictive personality though does not mean you cannot become dependent or addicted. I see both of them as a total inevitability for anyone who uses drugs recreationally.