• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug tunnel found on US-Mexico border.

angeleyes

Bluelight Crew
As posted by www.news.com.au

"A SOPHISTICATED border tunnel has been discovered connecting San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico, the latest find by investigators who have encountered a number of secret passages in recent years used for drug smuggling.

The passage was recently completed, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement said in a brief statement on Wednesday night.

A spokeswoman, Lauren Mack, declined to elaborate but said more details would be released on Thursday.

Mexican news organisations published photos that show a deep, well-built tunnel near Tijuana's main airport.

Alberto Capella, Tijuana's public safety chief, said a law enforcement operation was under way and he couldn't provide details.

More than 75 tunnels have been discovered along the US-Mexico border since 2008, designed largely to smuggle marijuana to the US.

The tunnels are concentrated along the border in California and Arizona.

San Diego is popular because its clay-like soil is easy to dig, while in Nogales, Arizona, smugglers tap into vast underground drainage canals.
San Diego's Otay Mesa area - site of the latest discovery - has the added draw of plenty of nondescript warehouses on both sides of the border to conceal trucks being loaded with drugs."

WELL NOW YOU KNOW SOMETHING!

What's the difference between a drug tunnel and just a regular tunnel? Are there DJs in the drug tunnels?

What's the difference between a drug tunnel and just a regular tunnel? Are there DJs in the drug tunnels?

Djs, sexy mexican girls (hopefully skankin n shufflin), and enough brick weed to last a lifetime. They got some good pressed pill every now an then to. ;)

Seriously tho the war on drugs is rediculous. If this pointless battle over psychoactive substances wasn't driving everybody into the ground constantly they could probably do some pretty amazing things. And have edc mexico tunnel.

I heard this tunnel led to Dextermeth's basement

OaqEewF_RD2kqp0Kq4NzJw.jpg

NSA that photo :')

Okay guys, I'm going to get a shovel. Everyone meet me in precisely 5 years time under the cherry blue tree next to the orange lagoon. If you've passed Dextermeth's basement, you have gone too far.

SWEET JESUS HAVE I GOT MORE NEWS :)

PICTURES and footage of a drug smuggling "super tunnel" have been released as authorities reveal more about the "hi-tech" passageway.

Designed to smuggle drugs from Tijuana, Mexico, to San Diego was equipped with lighting, ventilation and an electric rail system, U.S. authorities said, making it one of the most sophisticated secret passages discovered along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Authorities seized 8 1/2 tons of marijuana and 327 pounds of cocaine in connection with the tunnel's discovery, according to court records. Three men who authorities say worked as drivers were charged Thursday with possession of marijuana and cocaine with intent to distribute. U.S. Attorney Laura Duffy said they face prison sentences between 10 years and life if convicted.

The tunnel, which zigzags the length of nearly six football fields, links warehouses in Tijuana and San Diego's Otay Mesa industrial area. The area is filled with nondescript warehouses, making it easier to conceal trucks being loaded with drugs.

The tunnel was shut down Wednesday night, before any drugs made it through undetected, authorities said. Federal agents had the San Diego warehouse under surveillance after being tipped off by an informant who told them that operators bought drills and other construction equipment in August and September.

As U.S. border security has heightened on land, Mexican drug cartels have turned to ultralight aircraft, small fishing boats and tunnels. More than 75 underground passages have been discovered along the border since 2008, designed largely to smuggle marijuana.

The tunnels are concentrated along the border in California and Arizona. San Diego is popular because its claylike soil is easy to dig. In Nogales, Ariz., smugglers tap into vast underground drainage canals.

The tunnel is the eighth major passage discovered in San Diego since 2006, a period during which Mexico's Sinaloa cartel has solidified its hold on the prized smuggling corridor. Authorities said Wednesday's tunnel was the first in the San Diego area that was found to be used for cocaine.

The passage was about 35 feet underground, 4 feet high and 3 feet wide, said Derek Benner, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's head of Homeland Security Investigations in San Diego. Authorities said the zigzag route suggests that excavators veered off course several times.

Some of the largest tunnels have been discovered after central Mexico's marijuana harvest in October, which presents drug cartels with a challenge of how to quickly get their product to consumers.

In November 2011, authorities found a 600-yard tunnel that resulted in seizures of 32 tons of marijuana on both sides of the border, with 26 tons found on the U.S. side, accounting for one of the largest pot busts in U.S. history. The tunnel was equipped with electric rail cars, lighting and ventilation. Wooden planks lined the floor.

On Thanksgiving Day 2010, authorities found a roughly 700-yard passage equipped with rail tracks that extended from the kitchen of a Tijuana home to two San Diego warehouses, netting about 22 tons of marijuana on both sides of the border.

Seizures linked to the tunnel include a haul of 3 tons of marijuana in a truck that was stopped by Chula Vista police on Saturday for a traffic violation and 5 1/2 tons of marijuana inside the tunnel, a nearby warehouse and a truck Wednesday, according to prosecutors. The cocaine was found in six suitcases inside a van seen leaving the warehouse Wednesday.

- www.news.com.au

^ Link the whole url mate, not just the site.

http://www.news.com.au/world/crossb...with-rail-system/story-fndir2ev-1226751598395

I just came to post some of this, but you had beaten me by a few minutes :)

599729-fa10fff4-42dd-11e3-8139-2fc28a7acf56.jpg

Some of the 8 1/2 tons of marijuana and 327 pounds of cocaine authorities seized in connection with the tunnel's discovery. Picture: AP Photo/U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Paul Caffrey Source: AP

598252-08e94ee6-42de-11e3-8139-2fc28a7acf56.jpg

The “super tunnel” linked warehouses in Tijuana and San Diego to smuggle drugs. Picture: AP Photo/U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Source: AP

And a few more pics at the above url.

Unable to from this device! Everyone will get some weird ass format but I get what you mean, thanks heaps for the pics that's why I didn't add them or the videos.

If they keep digging this is what's tijuana going to look like..

NSFW:
please forward to 2:18:00 to see a possible fate..

I guess it was the first day they were going to use it? Whats with all the brick weed that gets imported into the US anyhow? I thought it was all "dank" stuff everywhere, why is there so much demand for that shitty weed?

On the other hand give me that suitcase of cocaine and Ill build them another in a day,

I'm sure there are 25 more tunnels just like this. Just think about it for a second. The amount of cocaine and heroin that get into this country at any given moment is pretty ridiculous.

^yep, but they busted one, and the media shoves it in everyones face. thats considered a "win" for the war on drugs apparently, which is absolutely pathetic.

Yeah they've found 75+.. did anyone read this? haha.. that was in the first post...

The below is details from my second post, which explained why this one was a super-tunnel.. at the height of Escobar they were importing tonnes of cocaine daily, but with this they have already found 8 1/2 tons of marijuana and 327 pounds of cocaine, that's a lot of cheese.

Authorities seized 8 1/2 tons of marijuana and 327 pounds of cocaine in connection with the tunnel's discovery, according to court records. Three men who authorities say worked as drivers were charged Thursday with possession of marijuana and cocaine with intent to distribute. U.S. Attorney Laura Duffy said they face prison sentences between 10 years and life if convicted.

The tunnel, which zigzags the length of nearly six football fields, links warehouses in Tijuana and San Diego's Otay Mesa industrial area. The area is filled with nondescript warehouses, making it easier to conceal trucks being loaded with drugs.