• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

20-year-old man suspected in 79 murders

poledriver

Bluelighter
20-year-old man suspected in 79 murders

A 20-YEAR-OLD man in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey has admitted to killing 45 people, and is being investigated for 34 more, officials said on Thursday.

Juan Pablo Vazquez was caught earlier this month where he was allegedly selling drugs, said Nuevo Leon state security spokesman Jorge Domene.

Vazquez, who said he was part of an unidentified local organized crime group, has already admitted being behind 45 killings and “is related to at least 79 murders, most of them committed in 2012,” Domene told a news conference.

Mexico has suffered from a wave of drug-related violence, with about 1,000 people a month dying in gangland killings. About 80,000 people have died since 2007 in cartel violence.

http://www.news.com.au/world/year-old-man-suspected-in-79-murders/story-fndir2ev-1226748852867

hmm. i wonder if this guy actually did all these murders or if maybe he is being paid to take the fall for a bunch of murders to protect his cartel or gang. kinda like in Breaking Bad where they pay to guy to go to jail for them...

However, since its Mexico this is probably legit. pretty sad what the US drug war has done to our southern neighbor.

Ive lived in Texas all my life and i used to go to mexico with family on vacation, it was nice. Now i wouldnt take my family there for sure. I might go alone to hit the pharmacia, but even that is probably really dirty now. So sad and shitty.

i cant imagine what sort of lifestyle this young man has led to account to those figures of murder at 20 years of age, involved in a drug cartel/war; or not. the mexican police are going to have a lengthy (perhaps years) investigation ahead of them before any real apprehension and solid punishment/sentence is concluded upon.

...kytnism...:|

It's so weird to see how differently people my age live. That guy is only 1 year older than me, and look at how different our situation is. While I go to school, he kills people.

^^ I was thinking the same thing. We all do what we do with the cards we're dealt I suppose.

What is the world record for murdering people? Not like Stalin or Hitler or Genghis Khan, but someone who personally killed people outside of warfare with his own hands?

Im not sure, it's probably not something that guinness world records documents.

Does Simo Häyhä count? A Finnish soldier who killed lots and lots of Russians. I'm not even sure what the official number is, or if it can be right at all. He killed hundreds. He hid in the winter terrain and shot lots of them. It's unbelievable.

^If we're gonna include warfare then I think Hiroshima bomber Paul Tibbets wins it.

But I wouldn't include warfare.

Right, we'll leave warfare out of it. I really don't know. Wikipedia lists Luis Garavito as #1 serial killer, with 138 convicted murders, but over 400 suspected.

^ and was born in 57. this kid is 20 and born in 1993. im sure the mexican judicial system has advanced in its sentencing laws system since then.

...kytnism...:|

If we're to compare, we need to know the years/dates they were active, and what society looked like at that time. Of course, everything changes over time. Some people will kill many over several years, while some will kill a little less in few years. Anders Breivik holds the record for people killed in a one-man massacre, and he did it all in about 2 hours. The Oklahoma City bombings? More kills in less time, but by a bomb. I would rather vote for Häyhä, even though that was warfare.

It's really hard to compare them that way. If this 20-year old kid didn't get caught, he would be a good candidate for the future record.

However, one could say that the world record for murdering people over a period of time, is that person and that person. The world record for murdering people before they're 20 years of age, etc.
By separating them into different categories, we won't need to compare the circumstances.

the mexican police are going to have a lengthy (perhaps years) investigation ahead of them before any real apprehension and solid punishment/sentence is concluded upon.
What they'd usually do in a case like this is just try the individual on a few of the counts initially.

I wonder what they will use to put this guy to death...

Seriously tho this a perfect example of what the war on drugs has caused. Not the drugs themselves.
I'm sure there are hundreds of stories just like this coming out of mexico and central america.

Luis Garavito only got sentenced to 22 years for all those convictions of murder.

^ WHAT. THE. I wonder what he felt when he got his sentence. I'd be satisfied.

I blame most likely this kids insanity.

Was he really insane? Seems to me like he is the product of a desperite and violent enviorment.

No doubt hes crazy by now or will be once he's sitting in a cell. Eventually we all have to face our demons.