• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Ohio child killer to get untried 2-drug injection

Arsenic_X

Bluelighter
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio will use a dose of two drugs never tried before in a U.S. execution to put to death a condemned inmate who raped and killed his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter, the state prisons agency said Monday.

The agency made the decision because it couldn't obtain a supply of its former execution drug, pentobarbital, from a specialty pharmacy that mixes individual doses for patients, prisons spokeswoman JoEllen Smith said. The agency had considered using a compounding pharmacy after its supply of federally regulated pentobarbital expired last month.

Instead, the state will use an intravenous combination of midazolam, a sedative, and hydromorphone, a painkiller, in the Nov. 14 execution of Ronald Phillips of Akron.

Those drugs already are included in Ohio's untested backup execution method, which requires them to be injected directly into an inmate's muscle. No state has put a prisoner to death with those drugs in any fashion.

Continued at:
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/ohio-child-killer-to-get-untried-2-drug-injection

EDIT: update on second page.

Last edited:
midazolam and hydromorphone sounds like a painless dare I say enjoyable death

A muscle? WTF?

LOL They definitely are making that enjoyable...

They need to put it in a fucking vein...

Maybe sooner or later they'll figure out to screw a regulator on a big ass tank of nitrogen and quit messing with CNS depressants... 8)

^I often wonder as well why they do this. They certainly don't need to do the barbaric old school gas chamber....but stilll!
A muscle? WTF?

LOL They definitely are making that enjoyable...

They need to put it in a fucking vein...
Haha, just posted about shit like this in another child case......seriously this guy rapes a three year old and kills her which was most likely ungodly tragic/violent/traumatic yet this MF'er gets to go out on one of the most euphoric ways to go while strapped down and viewed?!? He'll probably die with a smile on his face I bet! Now that is what I call justice!8)

Injecting it in a muscle is just gonna make the death last longer. With the drugs they're using though, it shouldn't be painful unlike the others they used to use. Unbelievably, they're actually using a humane drug cocktail this time... let's just say I don't consider an opiate dose a bad way to go. Fuck it, I'd probably ask to skip the midazolam aperitif.

are they doing IM just so its slower and he loses consciousness before feeling the opiate kick in?

I was listening to this on some radio talk show, and hearing the new drugs being used. I was like damn used to IV all that, my plans were to get so sky high. And now they are giving those 2 injections for death row, kinda pushed back into my seats and was like, whoa. I used to shoot that shit daily for years and this fucker a multi killer and he gets the best form of euthanasia as a reward to killing people, what the fucks with that.

Further thinking got me to where I got wrapped up in my brain thinking about daily shooting of the new euthanasia narcotics to kill death row and how I've done that hundreds if not thousands of times, never once did I think I was going to die, when in a blink of an eye, you are gone. Just one of those weird things that hit close to home and puts the perspective right in front off your face. Either that or these ambiens are kicking in.

Last edited:
These drug cocktails should be used for euthanasia purposes, not to put these vile miscreants to death.

I think the old triple drug cocktail would have been wonderful - except they should omit the barbiturate. Potassium and pancuronium, great...but definitely NO thiopental.
Adding a barbiturate or narcotic to a lethal injection in these cases frankly I consider absolutely inappropriate.
Dying in a chemical tomb would be the most appropriate form of punishment for someone who commits such atrocities against his own kind. Hell, even some who are cruel to animals should be good candidates too.
Honestly these monsters don't deserve ANY other form of drug-induced death.

I wish people would think about this more deeply:

What is the purpose of execution: punishment or deterrence?

If you said punishment, what is the point of using humane methods of execution?

If you said deterrence, what is the point of executing him behind closed doors?

Either make executions very painful and very public, or don't execute anybody at all.

Ohio is so Fucking Retarded, very close in Dumb to Florida honestly, and that's some shit! I wouldn't be surprised if they stand there and watch this Dude Cum in his Pants as he dies..........that's not a bad way to go at all - IV that shit and it'd be like dying while getting your dick sucked in a three way with your dream girls or some shit. For what that guy did, death is NOT going to be coming Ripping for him like the Misfits used to say. He's gonna get rocked to sleep by the fucking Gentle Touch of the most Eurphorically Evil Drug Class on the Planet, Opiates.........and Hydromorphone at that - probably top 3 Rushes of any Opiate, below only Oxymorphone and MAYBE some good ECP when I used to do the dirty deeds of that class of Narcotics. That guy is getting it WAY too good. He deserves something a LITTLE more cruel if they're going to prove a point, or make other people not want to be evil people or criminals or change their life. What kind of world will we have if People realize that no matter how evil you are, your worst case scenario is living in Prison for some time and then getting put to death by the Euphoric Drug Orgasm of the Fucking Gods!! Sounds like no Deterrent WHATSOEVER. They may want to re-think this path, or killing people in general. Honestly, a LONG life in Prison is WAY worse than the release of Death when you're an Evil Human Being. Those people want to die to some extent, or they may not act like that. Some people just have a death wish. This is not a good plan in my opinion. I don't know the answer, but it's not this. Fuck.

I wish people would think about this more deeply:

What is the purpose of execution: punishment or deterrence?

If you said punishment, what is the point of using humane methods of execution?

If you said deterrence, what is the point of executing him behind closed doors?

Either make executions very painful and very public, or don't execute anybody at all.
When a dangerous dog is put down, is it to punish that dog, or to deter other dogs? Neither, it is to remove what we regard as an unacceptable threat. I don't agree with the death penalty, but I don't think your argument is a good one, it rests on a false dichotomy.

For the most part only BACKWARDS and BARBARIC countries still implement the death penalty. It has been abolished in Europe and most of Africa. Two wrongs don't make a right. That being said just send them to prison for the rest of there lives.

I think it is quite difficult, I recall the UK calling a moratorium on our exports of barbiturates to the States due to their use in executions, or at least a movement from global pharma companies to restrict the available supply. Barbs are indicated for very little medically, so unless a firm is happy to be selling a drug that is only to be used for killing, they won't make them.

Feed him to the pigs

For the most part only BACKWARDS and BARBARIC countries still implement the death penalty. It has been abolished in Europe and most of Africa. Two wrongs don't make a right. That being said just send them to prison for the rest of there lives.

Yea lets send a child rapist and murderer to prison for life, have the taxpayers pay for it and let the piece of shit live out the rest of his days in the leisure of protective custody, with a TV , radio , personal property and fellow rapist friends to keep them company. Maybe work in the kitchen? Prison is not a punishment for a lifer, they just get comfortable. Shoot that fuck in some non vitals and let him bleed out, or bury him alive, fuck it:\. Two wrongs do make a right in these circumstances, just my opinion though.

It costs taxpayers more to execute someone than to imprison them for life, given the multiple appeals that are typical prior to an execution. Letting someone bleed to death of burying them alive seems pretty cruel and unusual, and not really a very progressive way for us to behave as a society, or even as individual humans. Wouldn't burying someone alive be a crime worthy of the death penalty itself?

To me people seem overly focused on how enjoyable the short period before his death will be, he is still dead after that. To those that think it sounds so great, would you trade death for a one off dose of benzo's and opiates? Didn't think so....

I don't condone what this guy did in any way shape or form, I wouldn't have much empathy for him if it so happened they chose a more brutal or painful execution or protest this should not be the case, however, I honestly feel the point of the death penalty is ultimately to result in the death of the person who receives that sentence and this method will achieve that as would any other method. Don't really see what the big deal is...

A lethal dose of household bleach is too good for this piece of filth.