• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Businessman kills self after failing to get painkiller

spini4

Bluelighter
A 54-year-old city businessman on Sunday night allegedly committed suicide by jumping from his own five-storey building in North Chennai after a painkiller injection he was regularly using became unavailable in pharmacies.

Police said the deceased, Kishore Kumar R Sanghvi, engaged in wholesale trade of raincoats and residing at Karuppanan Street in George Town, was highly depressed as the painkiller, which he was using for 15 years, was unavailable for the last one week. “Family members say he had been repeatedly displaying suicidal tendencies since the drug became unavailable. Unable to bear the pain, he opted to kill himself. On Sunday night, he went to his building at Nattu Pillaiyar Koil Street and jumped from the terrace,” said inspector S Gunasekaran.

Sanghvi had suffered an injury in the spinal cord 25 years ago when he visited the Kutralam waterfalls along with his family. He had accidentally fallen on rocks while taking bath in the falls and was not able to recover from the pain for a long time. After some years, he started consuming a brand of Pentazocine, a controlled narcotic used as a painkiller. It seemed he became addicted to it and started consuming it almost everyday, the police said.

Read More at: http://newindianexpress.com/cities/...-get-painkiller/2013/10/22/article1848524.ece

not familiar with pentazocine however i totally understand. when youre sick as hell sometimes death seems like a better option than continuing to deal with the torture of kicking and not knowing if you will ever find relief.

i wish the world were more understanding when it comes to opiate withdrawal, this is why maintenance should be legal and available everywhere. people are so heartless, as if your pain stops mattering the second you become a junkie, you cease to be a human being and therefore it doesnt matter if you go through mind bending withdrawals.

Sounds like there was a little more than opiate addiction involved in his death, if you know I mean...

Dude should have got some heroin. That sucks that the pharmacies "ran out", 15 years it's all good then one day "sorry, no more". Wouldn't his doctor help him with something else for the pain or was he getting it on the black market? If so, why would he want a partial agonist/antagonist?

first, its always sad when someone thinks that is their only option, second i had no idea pentazocine could cause such physical dependency. its a mixed agonist right? not a partial like bupe, ive never tried it as when i got into more random opioids i was already addicted and didnt want to precipitate wd or really waste money on something that may have sucked. seems like pentazocine is a drug im alwyas seeing offereed for sale by various retailers, along with buprenex and various benzos.

Looks like you're right mc, it looks like a mixed agonist-antagonist, not a partial like bupe. Sorry, I have never heard of pentazocine before and only glanced at the wikipedia entry.

Yeah its a weird one...iforget what they use this for, for some reason i think they give this as an epidural to preggo women.

It's such a surreal painkiller...

Really awesome if you ask me.

Mix that shot with some doxylamine and it is phenomenal in lower dosages...

In higher dosages... Blamo!!!!!... It's like a light dose of salvia on top of morphine... It seems to cause heavy tinnitus in large doses like every other sigma agonist...

My dose was around 200 mg in one shot... It is very disorientating. I'm talking about psychedelically disorientating.

I haven't had the pleasure to venture very far with it. I would have like to gone into the hallucinatory stage of this drug.

Jesus in an IV.

The psychonauts opiate if you will. There is a huge blast off with this shit... and it has legs...

In higher dosages... Blamo!!!!!... It's like a light dose of salvia on top of morphine... It seems to cause heavy tinnitus in large doses like every other sigma agonist...

My dose was around 200 mg in one shot... It is very disorientating. I'm talking about psychedelically disorientating.

I haven't had the pleasure to venture very far with it. I would have like to gone into the hallucinatory stage of this drug.

Jesus in an IV.

The psychonauts opiate if you will. There is a huge blast off with this shit... and it has legs...

what is this normally given for? i dont think ive heard of it in pill form, just in liquid form meant for iv/im/sc im not sure, but i think i saw this at a vets along with butorphanol.

what is this normally given for? i dont think ive heard of it in pill form, just in liquid form meant for iv/im/sc im not sure, but i think i saw this at a vets along with butorphanol.

Mild to moderate pain, just like all the mid strength opioids out there.

It was heavily abused in the 60's and 70's.

Talwin without naloxone is impossibly hard to get prescribed, but it is. These numbers are going down.

I found a bottle of them last month. The analgesia last a while, it's good for nerve type pain.

They guy could have got switched over to the tablets...

It would have been a lot cheaper too.

^ poor guy was driven to suicide as he was obviously not tapered properly/maintained on ORT. I would sue the doctor.

^ poor guy was driven to suicide as he was obviously not tapered properly/maintained on ORT. I would sue the doctor.

That's fucked up...

I wonder how many 30 mg ampules he was using a day?

That's why I lose hope with the medical system...

They can find out how to do the right thing about drug use and never apply it... It doesn't even get passed down. We know more than them now about the true reasons for drug usage.

To be in pain like that, and be snipped... Yeah, I'm dying too...

Hey guys, this is my first post, and I'm worried about a friend of mine. She has a debilitating back injury which causes her chronic pain, and has been getting treated with a fairly strong painkiller, Targin which contains Oxycodone. but after spending time with her over the last couple of years I suspect the dose was never adequate, as she often seemed to still be in pain when she had to do anything strenuous. Somehow when switching doctors, the authority was rejected and she is now left with no option but to buy Panafen + and an existing script for Tramadol and Lyrica, which I know from personal experience are fairly unneffective and unpleasant to be on. Over the last week I have seen her struggling and think at this point the best thing might be the methadone program? I'm just curious how she can get on to it, she refuses to see her previous dr, as she was the one who reported the suspected drug misuse, and is the only one who can reinstate her original script for the oxycodone. Her moods are so low and she doesnt have many other people around to give her sound advice. Any ideas what I should do, I'm worried...

Methadone is not the right thing to do...

From a critical standpoint, Methadone clinics are really not geared towards pain management.

It is however not too uncommon for regular doctors to prescribe methadone.

That's fucked up...

I wonder how many 30 mg ampules he was using a day?

That's why I lose hope with the medical system...

They can find out how to do the right thing about drug use and never apply it... It doesn't even get passed down. We know more than them now about the true reasons for drug usage.

To be in pain like that, and be snipped... Yeah, I'm dying too...

I think doctors should have to watch Martyrs so they "don't discount suffering" in the Mademoiselle's words.

Jesus in an IV.

Indeed Jesus in an IV...I love our naloxone free canadian Talwin...(I just love to rub those things in your faces huh? lol).

Poor guy, he was probably in "real" horrible physical pain + withdrawal. I'm confused as to why he couldn't get his doctor to change it to something else. It is in pill form, 50mg. I wasn't aware of it existing any other way. Your Talwin NX or whatever is also 50mg.