• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

High school substitute teacher, 26, 'took heroin before work and passed out in class'

foolsgold

Bluelighter
Christopher Chiappetta 'admitted to taking heroin at 6am after authorities found 4 baggies of heroin in his pocket and marijuana in his car'

A high school teacher has been arrested after falling asleep in front of a classroom full of students after allegedly taking heroin.
Christopher Chiappetta, 26, was subbing for an art class at Northgate High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania was arrested on Wednesday when he took a break close to noon on Wednesday.
He left the building, which Bellevue Police Sgt. Mike Hudson said raised suspicions as it was uncommon for teachers to leave the school during classes.

When Chiappetta returned to the lesson, he fell asleep in front of students just before Sgt. Hudson, who is a school resource officer, went to check on the class.
After Sgt. Hudson got school administrators to wake Chiappetta up, the teacher initially denied being under the influence of drugs, CBS Pittsburgh reported.

But authorities allegedly found four baggies if heroin in his pocket and marijuana in his car, and he admitted that he had used heroin around 6am before class.
'Unfortunately, it was a very realistic show and tell where you can preach the message to students, but they got to see live, firsthand the effects of a drug addiction problem,' Hudson said.

'When a person makes a decision to use a narcotic, and he’s actually being a substitute teacher, that’s pretty severe drug usage, and he needs a lot of help.'
Chiappetta faces drug charges as well as an endangering children count. Sgt. Hudson said he will contact parents to see if the children feel like they were victimized, and more charges could follow.
He is in the Allegheny County Jail on $10,000 straight bond.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for later this month.

[video]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9423594[/video]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-teacher-took-heroin-work-passed-class.html

Have you ever seen how kids treat substitutes? You need every substance available to mankind to deal with that.

Lmao..thats what i was thinking. They are just asking for it tho having parents ask if the kids felt victimized...why bc he had good smack and herb and didnt share?

Christopher Chiappetta 'admitted to taking heroin at 6am after authorities found 4 baggies of heroin in his pocket and marijuana in his car'

A high school teacher has been arrested after falling asleep in front of a classroom full of students after allegedly taking heroin.
Christopher Chiappetta, 26, was subbing for an art class at Northgate High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania was arrested on Wednesday when he took a break close to noon on Wednesday.
He left the building, which Bellevue Police Sgt. Mike Hudson said raised suspicions as it was uncommon for teachers to leave the school during classes.

When Chiappetta returned to the lesson, he fell asleep in front of students just before Sgt. Hudson, who is a school resource officer, went to check on the class.
After Sgt. Hudson got school administrators to wake Chiappetta up, the teacher initially denied being under the influence of drugs, CBS Pittsburgh reported.

But authorities allegedly found four baggies if heroin in his pocket and marijuana in his car, and he admitted that he had used heroin around 6am before class.
'Unfortunately, it was a very realistic show and tell where you can preach the message to students, but they got to see live, firsthand the effects of a drug addiction problem,' Hudson said.

'When a person makes a decision to use a narcotic, and he’s actually being a substitute teacher, that’s pretty severe drug usage, and he needs a lot of help.'
Chiappetta faces drug charges as well as an endangering children count. Sgt. Hudson said he will contact parents to see if the children feel like they were victimized, and more charges could follow.
He is in the Allegheny County Jail on $10,000 straight bond.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for later this month.

[video]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9423594[/video]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-teacher-took-heroin-work-passed-class.html

Yes the children saw the horrors of drugs use, in which a person became tired and fell asleep, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I can assure you these students will stay far away from any drugs after witnessing such horrid behavior. fucking stupid cop, dude is a substitute teacher. All he does is pass out an assignment and sit there dicking around on his laptop for the rest of class. If there is any job you should be able to get high at, that would be it. Actually, how much do substitute teacher's make, that is something I could get into. I just won't get to this point of nodding out in front of the class.

The guy's last name is Chiappetta. I wonder if his students constantly chanted "Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!" Who wouldn't be driven to heroin with such a name?

i bet the kids in the class would not have said anything. back in high school no body gave the sub teachers much respect. we had one sub once who was normally a garbage man. he brought a bucket of fried chicken with him and sat there eating chicken instead of doing any teaching. we asked what were supposed to be doing and all he did was point to the assignment on the board. when we asked him questions about the assignment he said " i dont know spanish, dont talk to me, im eating chicken here." this was spanish class btw. after that he didnt answer anymore questions and just ate his chicken until the class was over. i never saw that sub again but it was a pretty weird day in spanish class. i wish we had camera phones back then cause a picture of this guy would have really shown how weird that hour and 30 was for all of us. i have a good friend that was in the class with me and anytime we talk now we always re-count the story of the garbage man sub with the fried chicken.

I remember we had a sub whose daughter had just hung herself, and a lot of the kids were mocking him by strangling themselves with their belts. Teenagers are barbarians.

i bet the kids in the class would not have said anything. back in high school no body gave the sub teachers much respect. we had one sub once who was normally a garbage man. he brought a bucket of fried chicken with him and sat there eating chicken instead of doing any teaching. we asked what were supposed to be doing and all he did was point to the assignment on the board. when we asked him questions about the assignment he said " i dont know spanish, dont talk to me, im eating chicken here." this was spanish class btw. after that he didnt answer anymore questions and just ate his chicken until the class was over. i never saw that sub again but it was a pretty weird day in spanish class. i wish we had camera phones back then cause a picture of this guy would have really shown how weird that hour and 30 was for all of us. i have a good friend that was in the class with me and anytime we talk now we always re-count the story of the garbage man sub with the fried chicken.

That sounds absolutely hilarious. I would have paid to have such an experience in high school, the jokes and memories would be priceless. And considering I was stoned for the majority of high school, it would have really added to the experience.

BTW, as far as I remember sub teachers were not expected to do anything except hand out & collect assignments/homework. I never had a sub teacher who actually taught, they basically are monitors to make sure the kids stay in line and do the work assigned to them. I mean the guy didn't know spanish, what the F did your class think he was going to do.

I remember we had a sub whose daughter had just hung herself, and a lot of the kids were mocking him by strangling themselves with their belts. Teenagers are barbarians.

Are you kidding me, if I was in that class and another student did that to the poor guy I would beat their ass. I know some pricks who went to school with me, but can't recall anything that low.

Are you kidding me, if I was in that class and another student did that to the poor guy I would beat their ass. I know some pricks who went to school with me, but can't recall anything that low.

Everyone says that, but barely anybody does it. All those people we hear about that killed themselves because they were bullied at school weren't bullied in secret rooms. They were bullied in front of everyone, day after day. Teenagers enjoy physical and psychological torture, whether they're doing it or watching it get done.

subbing as an art teacher..... theres your answer right there

p.s. im surprised he could afford it

His big mistake was going to the car to do more! I've learned the hard way: If you have obligations that demand that you act normal for a period of time, you have to always shoot low with opiates because you're always a lot higher in public than you think you are while you're sitting at home! You may do just a little at home and catch very light nods and not think you're high, but if you have to actually be engaged with people talking, those light nods turn into a major liability! But this guy went out to the car and overshot the mark by a mile! Falling asleep, what an amateur.....

This one gym teacher we had in high school was fired because he was passed out drunk in his office, and drank with the high school students and had supposedly done ecstasy with a couple too haha

I agree with Numbers about substitutes needing drugs just to get through the day. But this was ridiculous:

Everyone says that, but barely anybody does it. All those people we hear about that killed themselves because they were bullied at school weren't bullied in secret rooms. They were bullied in front of everyone, day after day. Teenagers enjoy physical and psychological torture, whether they're doing it or watching it get done.

Really great documentary on bullying here

I had a sub teacher in high school who would play his flute for us (we didn't ask). It was quite awkward. And bizarre. And it didn't help us focus like he thought it would. Ugh.

----------------------------

How many ppl think that this article would have made news if the drug in question was alcohol? One of my teachers way back in Grade 10 would show up to class reeking of booze. Turns out he enjoyed 'flavoring' his coffee with a few shots of JD.

When I was in 8th grade we had this sub who came in drunk was and gave pretty much the entire class referrals for the littlest things. I got one for answering to the wrong name during attendance since somebodies last name in the class was the same as my first. The assistant principal ending up getting called down to the class and the sub started screaming and cussing at her.