• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Iranian man sentenced to hang again

kytnism

Bluelight Crew
An Iranian death-row prisoner who survived his hanging execution has been sentenced to hang again once his health has been restored, a judge has ordered.

The 37-year-old man, identified only "Alireza M", was executed on October 9 by a hanging at the Bonjord Prison after being sentenced to death for the possession of 1kg of amphetamines, Iranian.com reports.
Alireza M was "very scared when he was walking towards the gallows" where he then hanged by the neck for 12 minutes, the country’s state media reported.

A forensic doctor pronounced the father-of-two dead at the prison and he was then taken to a morgue after a judge signed off on his demise.
When his family came to collect the man's body the next day for burial they discovered he was still breathing.

Alireza M was then rushed to hospital and placed under guard, the court ruling that he will face the gallows again once he is well enough to do so.

"The man has been sentenced to death by the Revolutionary Court and his death sentence will be carried out once the medical staff confirm that his health condition is good enough," the report said. Spokesperson for Iran Human Rights Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam has called on the international community to voice its outrage over the father having to meet his fate for a second time. "Mr. Alireza M. has once been through the torture and dehumanizing process of being executed and the world must not let it happen again," he said.

source

...kytnism...:|

good lord...they cant even hand someone correctly there. you dont hand for 12 minutes. when the trap door drops it breaks your neck...at least its supposed to. this is sick.

Alright folks lets rush him to the hospital and get him healthy to die.. *shakes head* and awards todays Ass Clown of the Day award to whoever is running that show.

NSFW:
assclown.gif

Last edited:
Technically, stoning and crucifixion are still used in Iran; sick as it sounds, this blokes probably lucky..mm

The judge is an idiot, and so it their government. If he hanged for 12 minutes chances are hypoxia damaged his brain and he will never recover to the point where he can walk to the gallows again. Why don't they just kill him now while he's unconscious? Oh I know, because it makes them uncomfortable to murder someone outside of some kind of official execution ceremony.

Pigs.

Ok, I'll give you hanging him a second time is ridiculous whereas hanging him the first time was just barbaric.

But I think some of you ought to check how long some of the US's legal executions take.

Pigs?

the probably think he is the second coming of christ or something daft .

but that is fucking messed up you think that they would be able to get it right as its an everyday event

Should have just used him as a human guinea pig and pumped him full of random never before used chemicals and watched him squirm for 14 minutes on a table.

I know they are 2 completely different cases (rapist and murder,, and a drug trafficker), but I still find it hard to believe a country in the modern day still executes, its the easy way out for them not the hard way 8(

The rest of my life in solitary confinement or death? I know which I would choose.

Are they trying to be sort of humane in the US with a "lethal injection"? a 21st century take on hanging and stoning?

Lethal injection is just a sham; it's designed to look painless and peaceful. Thing is, there's no way of knowing if they feel pain or not; one of the drugs paralyses every muscle in their body- their expression is serene, but if they don't get enough of the anaesthetic, it's likely they're in torment. Imagine being completely paralysed, suffocating to death because you can't breath, and experiencing a massive heart attack at the same time...Who knows? Perhaps this way of killing is far more painful than messier alternatives, but it looks bloodless and humane for the witnesses.

^I think there is a very strong dose of barbiturates in the lethal injection cocktail, rather than an anesthetic. Granted that the barbiturate takes effect before the others, I imagine it can't be too painful.

Yeah, that's true in the majority of cases, but I actually read that autopsies of a small number of executed prisoners had insufficient amounts of the sedative to cause full unconsciousness. It's kind of scary when you think about it, kind of like a crap-shoot.

Of course, "complications" happen quite frequently as well; allergies to the drugs, restraints being too tight, meaning death can take ages as the drugs can't circulate, needles going through the vein and into the muscle, also leading to a protracted death-hours in some cases. A lot of the condemned are long-term drug addicts, and finding veins can sometimes take a very, very long time.

Don't know if this is true, but apparently medical professionals aren't allowed to perform the executions as it goes against their oath; instead people with rudimentary injection training are given the task-this could possibly account for some of the complications.

apparently medical professionals aren't allowed to perform the executions as it goes against their oath; instead people with rudimentary injection training are given the task-this could possibly account for some of the complications.

Indeed correct. I saw an interview with the inventor of lethal injection talking about he's dealt with prison guards who put IVs in backwards.

Really inert gas asphyxia is the only remotely reasonable method of execution. Why this has worked fine in lab animals for decades, but everyone is in a hissy fit of running out of barbituates is beyond me.

Indeed correct. I saw an interview with the inventor of lethal injection talking about he's dealt with prison guards who put IVs in backwards.
tweex please explain this as i cant quite get my head around it.

Scary...its like going under the knife without enough anesthesia. Being paralyzed and having someone start to cut you. One of my worst nightmares right there.

Really inert gas asphyxia is the only remotely reasonable method of execution. Why this has worked fine in lab animals for decades, but everyone is in a hissy fit of running out of barbituates is beyond me.

What about a few bullets to the head and heart at once?

What about a few bullets to the head and heart at once?

Works just fine on the head if you use a high powered rifle, it just leaves a fairly ugly mess. Anything less powerful, and you'll frequently end up with someone unconscious and seizing for a good while before going limp (you never see this in the movies!). And in a surprising number of cases, a misplaced headshot won't induce unconsciousness. I remember reading a statistic that around 10% of gunshot wounds to the brain arrived in the ER with a glascow coma scale of 9+, most of whom would end up surviving if treated properly.

Getting shot in the heart isn't a particularly instant death, similar to decapitation low on the neck. Your brain is going to continue functioning without any circulation for at least 5-10 seconds, frequently a good bit more in the case of a heart shot that doesn't perfectly sever the aorta. You just have to look back as far as the John Albert Taylor execution for someone who was clearly conscious a bit after impact... and then Wallace Wilkerson is an example of when the firing squad really fucks up.

tweex please explain this as i cant quite get my head around it.

Usually you insert an IV pointing more proximal on a limb (towards the heart). Some guards would insert it pointing more distal (pointing towards the end of the limb), thus making the administration a lot slower and less efficient.

Interesting reading: http://listverse.com/2013/02/04/10-horrifically-botched-executions/

My main argument is if you're going to be executing someone, you might as well do it properly. You can't fuck up oxygen deprivation.

Last edited:
There really is something to this inert gas asphyxiation thing though, it would surely be more painless than the injection IMO. I guess you could have like the old style gas chamber set-up, only instead of suffocating the poor bastards with hydrogen cyanide, you just pipe in some helium in there, or other inert gas. If we're gonna kill people, surely we have the right to ensure they go painlessly. Btw, I don't feel the state should have power over life and death, but they do it, and popular support for it seems very high, so it's highly unlikely the politicians are gonna put an end to it anytime soon.

But we don't even have Sharia Law in the UK for Christ's sake. Have you seen our Prime Minister? He's hardly walking around with a beard and a copy of the Koran, now.