• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants My Solution for prolonging dexedrine/adderall functional effects & skipping comedown

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyricabuddy

Bluelighter
My Solution for prolonging dexedrine/adderall functional effects & skipping comedown

I wanted to share my experience because the forums are littered with complaints / request for info regarding how to best manage amphetamine side effects and get the most out of your doses.

Today I took a heroic amount of dex - approx 160 mg (16x10md ir tabs)I had no intention of doing so when I picked up my prescription yesterday but due to not getting any sleep last night I rationalized upping my initial dose this morning to compensate and that's what got the ball rolling. The comedown related effects for such a dose in a moderately tolerant individual would normally be considered severe - essentially manifested by a general feeling of shame and feeling 'defeated' were it's usually impossible to stay positive.

The standard protocol for managing the comedown and restoring your sanity is of course benzos, or better yet - opiates... The problem I have with these options is that once you decide to drop your downers you're essentially aborting your stimulated state which of course you would ideally want to exploit in order to be as productive as possible.

In my experience, even when the drug is still highly active in your system ie. maybe 3 hours after you drop say 30 mg of dexedrine, you're still battling feelings of anxiety and worry about your impending comedown - which can vary from very minor to severe depending on factors sucruly focus on the task at hand as wellh as how much sleep/food you're working with and how much you have taken leading up to your last dose.

The negative vibes associated with sensing an impending comedown have always been to some degree an obstacle towards functioning / socializing at a level that I can be proud of such as during the come up or while you're actually rolling.

As you can see in my avatar, I'm a big fan of lyrica. Until today I've never fully appreciated how well lyrica works to manage the negative side effects - especially relating to your emotional state. But wait that's not all. Adding a healthy dose of phenibut with your lyrica or gabapentin synergizes extremely well resulting in a powerful gaba effect which, depending on doses, far exceeds that of a therepuetical benzo dose. For me, the euphoria of this combo, especially when you have a residual amphetamine high, exceeds that of say a 30 mg oxy dose.

Why am I sharing this? First off, gabapentin, even lyrica, and of course phenibut is, relatively speaking, extremely easy to obtain. Why suffer through horrendous comedowns and anxiety ridden amphetamine trips when you can simply ask your doc for some gabapentin and order some phenibut online to be delivered within a 5 day period?

Second: why gabapentin/lyrica over benzos? Now this one's a biggie... As I've mentioned, when dosing benzos it kills your productivity therefore you're probably going to want to wait as long as possible before dosing. As a result you have to ride out the anxiety and try to pretend that you're feeling straight in front of others - putting on an act that you're calm an collected because lets face it, no one wants to be viewed as a nervous wreck or even show any signs of anxiety ESPECIALLY in front of the opposite sex or people you face on a consistent basis.

When I took 600mg of lyrica with a high tolerance (which I would estimate would be around 200mg in the non tolerant) and 2400mg phenibut with a 2 gram a day habbit, (so maybe <1000mg in the non tolerant), after taking 160 mg dex with my last dose being a whopping 50 mg at 4 pm, not only was the anxiety almost non existent (although there was some), but I've been able to maintain that highly motivated, optimistic, and self assured mentality all the way until now (almost 2am) Which perhaps is evident in my excessively written, structured, and enthusiastic post.

Rather than having a tendency to isolate and avoid complex tasks once the comedown would normally begin to manifest itself, I actually sought out opportunities to socialize and be productive. I noticed that my social intelligence and verbal communication was far superior once the lyrica and phenibut fully kicked in, even compared to being high on dex alone (perhaps the focus provided by the dex negated the impairment normally caused by the lyrica, while the pro-social effects of the lyrica and phenibut negated the tendency to retract socially and tighten up during interactions caused by the stimulant anxiety.

I was able to maintain a near peak high from the 40 mg for nearly 5 hours AFTER what would have been the comedown. Not necessarily feeling a dex high the whole time but close to it, due to still being stimulated and supplemented with the euphoric / motivational effects from the other two. There was even a point at about 5 hours after my last dose where I was outside smoking and considering the possibility that I actually felt BETTER than when i was peaking during my last dose which imo is amazing considering the overall amount I was coming down off of - but of course it's not a direct comparison.

It's as if, by eliminating the anxiety and adding the euphoric qualities of the lyrica & phenibut the positive aspects of the stimulation provided by the dex were not only amplifiied, but extended by at least double what would be considered the standard duration of effects. I even got in the kitchen and made a double turkey burger and salad at about 9pm and ate it WITH EASEm followed by a huge cup of protien powder & milk! I really wanted to work out but I decided against it due to safety concerns. For those looking into ways to extend the effects of their addies / dex, i'm confidently speculating that no other method (and I've tried most of them), even comes close to this.

I've been through some devastating comedowns before off less than what I took today such as around 100-140mg which included severe anxiety (inability to speak to others) and paranoia (audible hallucinations), as well as extreme depression, confusion, and irrational behavior. The fact of the matter is that binges (especially those ir dex tabs) DO happen despite our initial intent to avoid them. In seeing the extent of a lyrica/phenibut assisted crash compared to without, I can't stress enough the value of these chemicals and their viability as an option this is for those who tend to get trapped in the "death spiral" of amphetamine related side effects. Do I still feel good now? Not really - anxiety is still definitely there and at this point some benzos sounds really good, but all things considered, I would take my route by far over benzos, and slightly over opiates (due to the scarcity of opiates and associated addiction concerns)

In conclusion, sorry for the lengthy report. I don't mean to be clownin - I'm sure you guys experience the same type of compulsion to ramble when writing while spun and I'm an extreme case. Every word I put down seems to be critical in getting my message accross although I'm sure I could have made it easier on you guys by summing it up in about a third of the text... (< I was feeling inspired to share this with people who are constantly struggling with devastating amphetamine crashes and just accept it as an inevitability when they don't have access to opiates or benzos... It's truly night and day ime. Please, don't put yourself through unnecessary suffering when these options are so readily available. No more settling for some melatonin and otc sleep aids or even relying on unreliable sources for benzos if that happens to be the case. Take the initiative and get yourself some phenibut and work on getting some gabapentin but if possible - lyrica.

Feel free to give me your feedback.. it seems kinda too good to be true like "why isn't everyone doing this method or at least more widely recognized", but perhaps I'm just trippin due to the residual effects from the massive amounts of dex consumed this morning to about 4pm distorting my perception? Wouldn't be the lyrica / phenibut because at this point I no longer get 'high' from these. (meaning those w/o tolerance would likely have even better results if the respond well to these like I do.

I was taking 150mg per dose and 300mg+ a day.. comedowns aren't even that bad. Good information but a tad bit (or a lot....) over expressed for something so miniscule.

I agree. I tend to do that when spun out b/c I get careless and go all out on things that aren't really that important. But in my defense I was trying to build a case for why this is a better option than benzos, even opiates where most ppl would automatically write off other options

I appreciate your critique, but most ppl would disagree though when you say the comedowns aren't that bad. Of course it's highly subjective, but the comedown from a hefty amount of amps puts most in an extremely negative mentality with a disproportionate focus on painful emotions. This is why I was so stoked on my comedown stack, because it literally gave me a complete head shift where I had a highly positive demeanor and optimistic outlook... (compared to just numbing yourself with benzos / opiates)

I appreciate your critique, but most ppl would disagree though when you say the comedowns aren't that bad. Of course it's highly subjective, but the comedown from a hefty amount of amps puts most in an extremely negative mentality with a disproportionate focus on painful emotions. This is why I was so stoked on my comedown stack, because it literally gave me a complete head shift where I had a highly positive demeanor and optimistic outlook... (compared to just numbing yourself with benzos / opiates)

The only comedown I've experienced that feels similar to what you're describing here is Zolpidem, no idea how people use it to come off MDMA, strangest feelings, scary flashbacks, suddenly you remember what you dreamt last night to nifty tiny details, and just aren't yourself for 8 hours
Heh maybe that's why

Anyway, as for the amp crash, can't say that I've ever felt anything like that
Only recently I had taken an opiate 3 hours before my daily amp and felt incredibly edgy
However when the concerta is by itself in my system I feel nothing like that

I guess I forgot to clarify tolerance and sleep deprivtion. Usually what happens to me is I wont take any amps for almost a month so my tolerance is pretty low, then when I get my script I'll binge for 2 days and get no more than 3 hours of sleep those two nights. That's when it can get real ugly. I too have noticed that I get very little sides except for moderate anxiety and depression the first day, but it gets exponentially worse the longer I go without sleep.

Well I'm on...A MONTH? How do you go without? :/

Oh my god I NEED A HAIRCUT

Only going to guess you don't feel very hungry during those 2 days...
add to that only 3 - 4 hours of sleep, you are bound to feel that in the morning
I guess an opiate for the comedown would make things worse

Yeah, the first 4 days are pretty rough but after that I use the lyrica and A LOT of caffeine to stay motivated. I wish I could take them therepeutically (sp), but when I start coming down the nature of my psychology ALWAYS finds a way to take more and it fucks up my sleep, nutrition, and gym. That's why I just go all out for a couple days and get rid of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.