• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Problems with Morphine ER...please help!!!

Lust for life

Greenlighter
I took 300 mg of morphine sulfate ER mst continus and barely felt a thing. I thought I would experience overwhelming euphoria...but no...nothing! I mean a little something...like the effect of 15mg hydrocodone...so basically nothing. What the fuck? Can anyone make sense of this? Empty stomach. Took it in the morning. 10 30mg pills. I was sedated and kinda tired for the remaining 15 hours I was awake but felt no buzz whatsoever from the morphine.
I have a moderate opiate tolerance. Use about 3 times a week.
4 days before this I tried plugging morphine ER and did not have any success. This is the thread I made about it: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/693895-Plugging-not-working!!-Please-help!-I-ve-read-every-thread-out-there-and-did-it-right

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

morphine has a terrible bio-availability orally. its about 30% tops imo. so you only actually would have got 1/3 out of what u dosed orally. (100mg)

plus not only does the BA of oral morphine suck, i noticed oral morphine just isnt any where near as good/effective, even at equivalent dosages to other opiates.

IV morphine is much much stronger, and i think thats why morphine has this stigma that its one of the stronger opiates. oral morphine sucks.

Did you search for my guide on how to turn morphine extended release tablets into IR liquid morphine via letting TIME defeat the time release?

Oral morphine does NOT suck, it is chronically underestimated and do not let such statements rule the way you dose it. The closest I've ever come to dying, which put me in a coma, was via oral morphine ER.

I had Ora-Morph years ago, and really enjoyed it. I wonder if that formulation has increased ba...?

agreed. oral morphine does not suck. id personally rate it over oxy.

youre either 'not getting' its effects or its simply not for your tastes. in which case leave for those of us who embrace it.

tricomb and i use it for pain management, thd gold standard, and have all the time in the world for it :p

morphine has a terrible bio-availability orally. its about 30% tops imo. so you only actually would have got 1/3 out of what u dosed orally. (100mg)

plus not only does the BA of oral morphine suck, i noticed oral morphine just isnt any where near as good/effective, even at equivalent dosages to other opiates.

IV morphine is much much stronger, and i think thats why morphine has this stigma that its one of the stronger opiates. oral morphine sucks.

The oral BA is low, but the equivalency charts take that into account and 300mg of morphine is definitely a decent dose. It doesn't suck it just takes more to get the same effects as you would get from IVing it, minus the rush of course. I don't find morphine to be euphoric at all really, so maybe that's the case with Lust for Life.

tricomb-yes I read your thread about converting it. Thank you. Great post. If I ever get morphine ER again I will definitely try to convert it to IR via your method.
tommyboy-yeah I did 100 mg orally a few days before that...with a little less of a tolerance..but got little effects from it. The day before my plugging experiment with morphine ER I did 120mg hydrocodone (CWE) and found that to be MUCH more euphoric than the morphine 300mg ER.

^ I never really got that much more from morphine with higher doses. Like I got about the same euphoria from 100mg of morphine as I got from 300mg, considering of course that my tolerance was low enough to feel the 100mg dose. I just don't care for morphine, and it seems that a lot of people are the same way about it.

Tommyboy- Yeah. That's odd. I felt that aswell. Not more euphoria from 100 to 300...just a better nod.
Tricomb...how much oral morphine ER did you take to put you in a coma?

Years ago, I took the morphine sulphate capsules and felt nothing much to be honest; IV yielded orgasmic results (not that I would ever promote that ROA), so I guess the ba thing is certainly true. As I said though, althe Ora-Morph formulation was potent as hell; no way was that merely 30%

Bioavailability 20–40% (oral), 36–71% (rectally),100% (IV/IM)
I personally like morphine but it's not my favorite oral morphine for me gets a 6.8/10.

For me. Morphine is better than heroin. But heroin is just a morphine prodrug that lasts a fraction of the duration and is far less effective as a pain killer than morphine.

I get up to 2 days worth of analgesia from rectal morphine prepared via my method or 24h worth by taking the ER tablets untampered with.

Heroin lasts me 3-4 hours. If that.

Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm going to try plugging MST continus again tomorrow.
This one thread I read suggested that I have to remove the coating on the pills with rubbing alcohol I think.....is that really necessary?

I tried plugging recently and it gelled up really bad and I ended up plugging what was the consistency of snot. They were the mallinkrodt(sp?), with M on one side and the dosage on the other. It did work, but I was snorting H at the time and it was just 60 mg I was using to hold me over one morning, so you ca imagine it just made things tolerable. My suggestion is use a good amount of water, I only used 1.5 cc, then mixed in another 1 cc to think it out a bit. I should've used more, It hit me but took a while to take action. Prob better with 5+cc

So I tried it last night again and didn't have much success. My pupils were still pretty constricted 12 hours after my last plug but I didn't feel much euphoria at all. A teeny tiny buzz but mostly just heavy sedation and good pain relief. Why am I the only one who cant seem to achieve any high from plugging MST continus??? :(

I am taking morphine sulfate 60 mg's er and with 60 on one side it is yellowest tan in color.For severe pain it didn't do anything,is there any other way to do it