• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Induction Dilemma

vajeeh

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I have been off and on suboxone for a few years now. More recently, I have been off, and I spent the last few weeks slamming dope again. I waited until this morning to start my suboxone...I waited 25 hours so I would be moderately ill...which I definitely was. I made the mistake in the past of not waiting long enough and causing myself to go into withdrawal, but this time was pretty smooth.

Anyway...this morning around 11am I took 8mg suboxone. However my friend came by and dropped off a couple bags of dope around 3pm, and I decided to do the dope, two fairly decent shots back to back, which I mildly felt. It seemed to block only about half of the discernible effect. I felt it mainly in my stomach and in my legs, and it desensitized my palms and my feet, which become quite sensitive when you are ill.

My question is...tomorrow I plan on taking suboxone again. Do you think I would have to wait 24 hours again to avoid precipitated withdrawal, or do you think its okay to do before then, since I have suboxone in my system now and I've already began the induction.

Pretty much i'm asking if I have to re-induce myself since I did the heroin after the suboxone.

Please answer if you feel you are qualified to give an accurate response. I am asking because I do not want to have to prolong my withdrawal tomorrow anymore than necessary...if I am able to take my sub at 10am or 11am tomorrow rather than 3:30 or 4pm, I would have a more productive day and a less a chance of copping more dope and changing my mind regarding restarting my suboxone maintenance. Thanks

Honestly to be on the same side I would wait 24 hours again since one 8mg sub isn't really enough of a dose to start stacking on your receptors. I've been on and off bupe for years, and I do oxy once a month, and I'm on about 2 mg of bup a day with the oxy punches through no problem, but I have months and months worse stacked up, so I can take sub easily 12 hours of my last soo of oxy.but everyone is different and I have an insane metabolism. 24 hours to be safe bro

thanks bupeman, i'll definitely take that into consideration. precipitated withdrawal is no joke...in fact its a nightmare. Just when you anticipate your body start to heal and you look forward to that sense of relief when the bupe starts to kick in, you instead feel your stomach tighten, your nose start to run and mix with a tear drop and bead of sweat, and before you know it you are in fetal position, shaking like your being electrocuted while feeling like someone is twisting your bones. You think to yourself "And I thought I was ill before...THIS is torture"

I used to use the 18 hour rule, but when that failed me once, I switched to the 24 hour rule, although I start feeling ill about 12 hours after my last dose. By 24 im in pretty bad shape. I've also made the mistake as a novice several years ago when i shot half a sub whenn i started getting sick 14 hours after my last shot of dope. THAT was probably the worst few hours of my life.

I'd just start small, which I always do anytime I am taking Subs for the first time in a while after a dope stint. Also if you don't feel that bad tomorrow morning compared to what you would usually feel like had you woke up the day after doing 2 shots in the late afternoon, then you most likely still are being held by the Sub from the day before and will be alright. But regardless I doubt it will be an issue, and if you just start small and do 2 mg, give it around 2 hours and see if things get better or worse. If they get better then you can take some more and get fell relief.

Yes you'll most likely have to wait the full amount of time until you're in full withdrawal again. Your body is still way more used to the heroin than the bupe.

Be careful.. because if you keep doing this, you're going to find it harder and harder to switch onto the suboxone and then you're going to be screwed.

Thanks RTrain, I will definitely do a self assessment tomorrow morning compared to how I would normally feel at that time frame had it been just a regular dope day, great suggestion

Thanks Scagnattie, I'm hoping to definitely limit the amount of times I do this, as I know it is only doing injustice to my receptors. It's been 7 years since opiates have been a part of my life on a daily basis. I plan on sticking with the suboxone again, indefinitely for a while once I get fully adjusted to it again...after tomorrows dose it will be clear skies.

yeah wait as long as possible... i just went thru this exact thing. and i had been on the subs for 6 weeks prior to a one day relapse. only skipped one sub dose(4mg once daily) and shot dope the day i skipped my sub. it had been 30 hours from sub till i shot 3 bags of dope, and i got high as all hell which i didnt expect since i figured there certainly IS some bupe left on my receptors. well i figured id be fine to take my sub the next day, 18 hours after my dope shot, and the damn sub gave me PW's... i had to wait about 40 hours to take sub again and feel ok. exactly what i had to wait when i first started subs again 6 weeks ago. i seem to be one of the unlucky ones who has to wait super long tho... everyones time frame for that is different.

so id wait as long as possible... its hard, but PW's are much worse.

Yeah I'm waiting, I don't feel too bad so I am going to wait until at least 4pm which will be 24 hours. If I don't feel too bad around then, then ill keep waiting

its about 24 hours since I did the heroin, and about 29 hours since I did the suboxone, and I still do not feel as sick as I feel that I should, so I will continue to wait. I will let you know what happens.

Hell man wait it out as long as you can bro. Who knows, maybe you'll luck out and cheat withdrawals(highly unlikely, but weird shit has happrned) just wait it out as long as you cab bud. I'd say you probably would be fine to take maybe 2mg, but just keep on waiting. Time is your friend....and your enemy ha. Good luck buddy. Let us know what's goin on.

Hey so its now 7pm, which means ive gone about 28 hours since my heroin dose of two hefty shots back to back, and 33 hours since my 8mg sub dose. I am not too shabby. I still don't feel sick enough to feel comfortable in taking a sub, because I can still imagine withdrawal getting a lot worse. I dont know why im not worse than I am right now, although I do admit that I am in withdrawal, its not to the point where its unbearable and the only thing on my mind. I'll keep posting every few hours, hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Okay, it is now 9pm, so I have hit the 30 hour mark. I am going to take a generic 8mg suboxone, and I will let you know in an hour what happens...wish me luck

Okay, it is now 9pm, so I have hit the 30 hour mark. I am going to take a generic 8mg suboxone, and I will let you know in an hour what happens...wish me luck

it has been roughly 45 minutes since it dissolved, and I can feel the bupe making it better, not worse. I can feel my stomach tighten up and fold over, in the good sense (if you do opiates, you know exactly what I mean)

I hope that this helps someone in the future.

I have a hypothetical question as I know some of you are on Butrans patches and this falls along the same lines as the OPs topic. A friend asked me this question today but I am not sure of the answer.

If you are on a constant small dose of bupe such as the Butrans 20 micrograms per hour (approx .5mg a day) and you are prescribed a breakthrough med like oxy. You take the oxy and then run out and she wants to inject a dose of bupe, around 1 or 2mgs approx 6 hours after taking the oxy (about the time the oxy wears off), will she experience PWDs? She says the Butrans patch is not enough pain relief by itself and ran out of oxys due to missing her PM appt so needs an extra boost of bupe to help with pretty bad pain (I guess that is all she has available to her). What do you guys think? Anyone that is familiar with Butrans constant dose...

how much oxy was it, and how many times did she dose herself with the oxy? also how was it administered? The way that it was taken will influence the length of time it will be an issue.

However I would say that a constant dose of bupe should put her in the safe zone because her receptors are far more saturated with bupe than with the oxy, but the questions i mentioned above need to be weighed in.

I believe probably approx 30mg of oxy each dose..probably 2 doses in past 24 hours...and these were by mouth.

I'm thinking the same thing as fvar as if there is already bupe there then she should be ok but I am just not sure.

I believe probably approx 30mg of oxy each dose..probably 2 doses in past 24 hours...and these were by mouth.

I'm thinking the same thing as fvar as if there is already bupe there then she should be ok but I am just not sure.

She should be fine, but to be safe she should probably do 1mg rather than 2mg of bupe

Thanks for the answer...anyone else wish to throw their opinions/reasoning in?