• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Precipitated withdrawal VS real withdrawal . Question I've had for a long time

cruxen5610

Greenlighter
Ok, so after doing your last dose of an opiate, obviously you have to wait until you are in a moderate to severe state of withdrawal to take suboxone/subutex. And the worse your withdrawal is, the better the suboxone will work. So...heres my question: If you take suboxone while youre not in w/d, you will be thrown into terrible precipitated w/d because the bupe knocks the other opiates off the receptors. But isn't that what you want before you dose your first suboxone? For all other opiates to be off the receptors? So instead of waiting until you are in awful withdrawal, why couldn't you just take a suboxone, get thrown into precipitated withdrawal, then take more suboxone lol? I know this wouldn't work, but my question is WHY!? You want to take your first sub while in severe withdrawal, so why can't you take it during/after precipitated withdrawal and have it work, because that IS severe withdrawal... See what I'm saying? Can someone explain this to me please. I know its a bit confusing but hopefully you understand what I mean.

Thanks!

precip WD is literally 20x worse than regular opiate withdrawl, I was on 130mg methadone for a year, and got tapered down t0 20mg within 2 weeks, and didn't take any methadone for 48hrs, and went to my former suoxone doctors office, he put me in A private room with a bed and blankets, and said 85% chance I will go thru precip WD, and he was right. he started me off with 4 mg, 30mins later another 4mg, so I took a whole film total, 40mins later, I was havig hot/cold sweats, nothing bad, then 20mins later I was in the most agonizing pain in my life, surprisingly the mental part of the precip WD was the worst of it all, I was crying non stop like a little 3yr old, just having thoughts of seeing my girlfriends face made me ball like a baby, I had flashes of cemetaries, morgues, being embalming peopletting murdered over drug beef, guns, violence, and how many times I dodged death from close fatal Overdoses and run-ins from ripping off crack dealers in the ghetto, all those emotions were intensified by 100, it was comparable to a horrible acid trip, during one part of my precip WD, I had uncontrollable laughter. then came the diarea, I literally cleansed my intensed like I never experienced before, and I actualy was puking (and im not a puker on opiate withdrawl) the doctor came in and checked my vitals every hour, at this point he made me take 3 subs total, after the 5th hour, he released me, but the pain was not over with, the RLS was unbearable, I was flopping like a fish, literally for 2 weeks straight I was bed ridden, I couldn't move or get out of bed, it was that bad, the next morning I still felt precip WD, then the days after felt like intense heroin withdrawl...it was the most horid experience of my life..i thought I hit rock bottom by going thru that, but being an addict, we hit rock bottom for a few days and go right back to rock climbing...I don't wish precip WD on anyone, I think I had It the worst cause I was coming off of methadone...it took a good month to feel "normal" after that I felt PAWS, it was horrible. I couldn't handle it, went back on methadone,..once u go o methadone, and try switching to suboxone, it just isn't the same and wont help like it used to

The thing with suboxone is its only a partial opiat antagonist and the fact that a partial opiat antagonist is taking over for a more full antagonist when the switch to the suboxone is made. Suboxone is still an partial antagonist though. so the more empty receptors you have the more withdrawal preventing antagonism you will have buy the buprenorphine . So the more clean partial antagonism you have by the epinephrine finding an open receptor combined with the least amount of precipitated with draw caused buy buprenorphine knocking off an already full antagonized receptor, will get you the best and most comfortable results. Have the ratio go to far the other way and you will find yourself miserable with acute withdraws.