• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos For benzo naive people, is taking 2mg of Klonopin a bad idea?

I'd go so far as to say .5. And no redosing. Clonazapam takes a while to teach peak plasma levels.

klonpin 2mgs to a benzo nieve person is way too much, 0.5mg actually will leave you feeling loopy. klonopin they say is equally as potent as Xanax, so that's like taking a 2mg Xanax bar first use, not a good idea, risk of CNS depression..however I think klonopin is much more potent then Xanax in my opinion. do not take more then 1mg if you must go above 0.5mg

Yeah, I would say so, Stavros, that 2mg is too much if you're benzo naive. Although Klonopin is a bit more subtle in terms of onset compared to quicker-acting benzos like Valium and Xanax, it is still a very powerful benzo, on par with Xanax in terms for mg-for-mg strength. It might take a couple hours to kick in, but once it does kick in, it is one of the most powerful anxiolytic-benzos and myorelaxant-benzos, and also has strong decently powerful anti-panic effects.

It is more sedating and muscle-relaxing than Xanax, so it will give you a very powerful body-buzz compared to Xanax, which is quite cerebral and has poor muscle relaxing effects. These deal with physical anxiety and tension symptoms better than Xanax, while Xanax is best used as an "as needed" benzo to abort a panic attack faster than a speeding bullet. If you are going to venture into the physically-addictive world of benzos for therapeutic and not recreation purposes, I would highly recommend Klonopin once daily for GAD and muscle spasms, Valium for muscle spasms (but it doesn't long last enough for daily dosing for GAD, which shows how half lives do not equal duration of action), and a low-dose (0.5mg or lower for the benzo naïve) dose of Xanax as needed for either panic attacks or extreme anxiety/PTSD flareups.

Yea you shouldn't take that much if your not used to benzos. Most likely you will fall asleep for a while and wake up loopy and drowsy.
Start off with 0.5 Mgs see how that works for you, it should kick in around 20-30 minutes. And for the record K-pins have a long half life.

I wouldn't do that much, start around 1mg, see how you feel. I wouldn't increase by more than 0.5mg after that, but clonazepam I never found very recreational, definitely not like xanax
Benzos affect me weird however and I have been able to do 8 mg of clono without passing out or blacking out, and actually went out and drank later that day with no black outs.
DON'T DO THIS THOUGH my body reacts differently to most depressants such as opiates and benzos, and even with that in mind it was a horribly stupid idea.
Soooooo stupid.

Yeah it's a bad idea for anyone who's benzo naive to begin taking 2mg clonazepam. Starting doses for clonazepam for people who actually need it for medical reasons begin in the 0.5mg range.