• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tolerance spike from one day to next? Benzos w/d?

RTrain

Bluelighter
So I have been using my usual amount of heroin for the past 6 weeks after a stay after a 3-4 week stay at the Suboxone rehab center( not a real place BTW, only in my head). I went back to using pretty quickly, just 1 day the first week, then 2-3 the next 2, then using everyday with maybe 2-3 days using Sub when I had no other options for the last month or so. 3 Weeks ago I also started to pop Xanax more than I would like, around .5-1 mg - sometimes snorted so probably not always getting the whole thing - everyday minus about 3 days where I didn't use.

Anyway this morning I wake up and I do my usual heroin line which takes me out of the morning w/d, but I am still kind of miserable and such. I do another 1/2 a line then go out to do go into the city for something I got to do, takes about 3 hours. Whole time I was very anxious and just in a generally poor mood. Now yesterday I was fine using the same amount of heroin, felt good for the most part. When I got home about 3 hours after my 1-1/2 typical sized lines I check my pupils and they are pretty big, so I snort a good sized line. I don't get much effect, and pupils are still big. So now I think maybe its because I am having Xanax w/d? I take about 1/2 mg, 1/4 oral and 1/4 snort. This calms me down a bit, but doesn't make me feel much better, so it seems I still need more heroin.

I just find it hard to believe my tolerance could have shot up like this from one day to the next. I did a line last night that was bigger than usual, but not outrageously big. Maybe this bag is some hacked up weak sauce, but I think its the same stuff I had 2 days ago that was good. Is it common for tolerance to spike over day, or do most people not notice it going up so much and its more gradual in nature? I usually can keep it in check, but maybe I've let it get out of hand.