• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc OTC Dopamine Booster!

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hey,

Is there any OTC meds that boost dopamine, Now I know of course the med itself would be used for some sort of other reason but I mean that med has dopamine boosting effects.

I got a car sickness otc but it was a dopamine antagonist.
are there any otc dopamine boosters?

ty

A B-Complex regimen will encourage more dopamine to become regularly available.

No. There's nothing that can be taken that directly elevates dopamine in a safe way in healthy individuals.

Last edited:
Use of the suplimants Phenylalanine or Tyrosine can increase dopamine in idividuals who have a low amount if this in thier diet or individuals who use stimulants everyday or frequently. The body needs one of these two as a precursor chemical to form dopamine. Caffeine, Ephedrine, and pseudoephedrine are over the counter drugs that cause dopamine release but using these regularly will cause a drop in dopamine. Healthy natural sleep and regular aerobic exercises increase dopamine levels and production. Consuming antioxidants helps to prevent damage to dopamine related cells in the brain from free radicals.

Mucuna pruriens, easily available in raw or extracted form, contains 3-6% L-dopa, among many other interesting things. YMMV. Dopamine ain't all it's cracked up to be, unless you have Parkinson's or like nausea. But I've gotten a good mood lift from the velvet bean. Some samples also contained 5 HTP, serotonin, N'N' DMT, and 5-MeO DMT. But that's a heckuva lot of L dopa, be careful!

L-Tyrosine as a DA precursor, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine as an energy supplement to simulate DA production.

I wouldn't recommend using L-Dopa containing substances.

While not FDA approved as an OTC medicine, Tianeptine is an extremely safe anti-depressant that is not a controlled substance (except in france).. It boosts dopamine in the nucleus accumbens through unknown means.

So not exactly OTC, and isn't great for everyone, but probably the closest to what you are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator: