• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants getting proper adhd treatment after being labeled a drug user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lopez

Bluelighter
so my sister is a counselor and she says that i'm in fact NOT epileptic due to the fact that i never seize despite my past drug use and that the EEG scans in mexico are usually inaccurate.

she told me my history of drug use, suicide attempts, and general recklessness are probably just adhd. she has it. my mother has it. so apparently i HAVE to have it. i doubted it because i've always had HIGH marks in school and i hardly ever tried. so we put it to the test.

she gave me a 10 mg ritalin. i took it sublingually. turns out she's right. within a few minutes i wasn't high or stimulated. instead, i was relaxed and productive enough to do my loads of homework in just an hour.

i was skeptical because i used to abuse concerta and adderall, but the fact that i took 60 mg of adderall xr in one go seems to explain the euphoria. however at a controlled dose it felt as if i could take control of my emotions and concentrate. i also stayed completely calm through one of my girlfriend's and i's usually violent arguments. i felt no euphoria, just completely in control, and calm, calmer than with clonazepam or alprazolam.

thing is, i have a history of substance abuse (though amphetamines aren't mentioned, just pot, coke, and morphine) in my folder at the local mental health agency..

how can i ask a doc for ritalin, just the 10 mg ones, i don't have any desire to abuse them, just to take control of my life back. how do little kids usually walk out with prescriptions for it ?

should i tell them the truth, they'd probably prescribe an antipsychotic or anti-aggressive as they have before. i'm immune to benzo's anxiolytic effects too.

not sure what to tell my doc...

tell them you had a drug problem but haven't used in years and go to meetings to stay sober and as a kid you were put on ritilin and you're grades whet significantly up and you think it would be very beneficial to your productivity don't suggest he put you on it just see how he would feel about starting you on it

Status
Not open for further replies.