• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Had a seizure on tramadol, heart nearly stopped. CAREFUL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pars101

Bluelighter
I took 300mg of Tramadol about a month back, and I had a seizure were my heart nearly stopped beating. At the time I had little tolerance, although I had experimented with opiates in the past before. Oxy, H, Methadone, Subutex, Codeine..

So be careful!! Tramadol is a dirty cheap drug not worth doing because you might nearly die like I did.

take care =D

That's a pretty large dose to take all at once. My dad started taking them for his back problems (50 mg, sometimes takes two tablets) There is a strong connection with serotonin syndrome and seizures. Any time I've taken them I got bad headaches after they started to wear off. Tramadol is useful for pain for some people, other people I know don't find it very effective.

o wow.

so, lemme check this out here...

-you went ahead and took a drug that I am going to assume wasn't prescribed to you. Even if it was, you OBVIOUSLY didn't take it as prescribed, because you took TWELVE TIMES THE RECOMMENDED STARTING DOSE WITH LITTLE TO NO TOLERANCE FOR THE DRUG.
((depending upon the patient's condition, Tramadol is started either at 25 or 50 mg 1-2x/day - continue for 5 days, and if pain is still present, add 25-50mg. repeat for another 5 days, adding if necessary, (again, only adding 50mg and using that for 5 days before upping the dose again) not to exceed 300mg/day.))

-so, since you recklessly took a dosage of TWELVE TIMES the recommended dose, and whoops! you up and had a seizure, (did you educate yourself on this drug before you took a metric fuckton of it? probably not - had you prepared yourself, you'd have read upon the dangers of people having seizures on high doses of Tramadol...but hey! who needs education when you have blind experimentation that could have damn near killed ya??!) I digress...so you have a seizure after taking TWELVE TIMES THE RECOMMENDED DOSE and now you feel the right to come onto a harm reduction forum and tell people that "Tramadol is a dirty cheap drug not worth doing because I almost died"???

ARE YOU F*CK(N6 KIDDING ME??????

What your post SHOULD have said is:

"Hey folks, sorry to interrupt you from your regularly scheduled opiate threads, but I just wanted to let you all know to not be a nincompoop like me and take 300mg of Tramadol with no tolerance and without educating myself on the risks of this drug before consuming it. I recklessly took 12 times the recommended starting dose of this drug and unfortunately experienced a life-threatening seizure. I think I'm okay now, but I scared the shit out of my friends and family and I don't plan on doing this again, and wanted to be humble and share my serious miscalculation with all of you so it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Tramadol has the potential to be a great pain reliever for those who need it, and take it as prescribed. Just because I am unable to follow directions (or even read any in the first place) doesn't mean this drug is nasty or cheap or ineffective. This is just what could potentially happen when you abuse a drug."

o wow.

so, lemme check this out here...

-you went ahead and took a drug that I am going to assume wasn't prescribed to you. Even if it was, you OBVIOUSLY didn't take it as prescribed, because you took TWELVE TIMES THE RECOMMENDED STARTING DOSE WITH LITTLE TO NO TOLERANCE FOR THE DRUG.
((depending upon the patient's condition, Tramadol is started either at 25 or 50 mg 1-2x/day - continue for 5 days, and if pain is still present, add 25-50mg. repeat for another 5 days, adding if necessary, (again, only adding 50mg and using that for 5 days before upping the dose again) not to exceed 300mg/day.))

-so, since you recklessly took a dosage of TWELVE TIMES the recommended dose, and whoops! you up and had a seizure, (did you educate yourself on this drug before you took a metric fuckton of it? probably not - had you prepared yourself, you'd have read upon the dangers of people having seizures on high doses of Tramadol...but hey! who needs education when you have blind experimentation that could have damn near killed ya??!) I digress...so you have a seizure after taking TWELVE TIMES THE RECOMMENDED DOSE and now you feel the right to come onto a harm reduction forum and tell people that "Tramadol is a dirty cheap drug not worth doing because I almost died"???

ARE YOU F*CK(N6 KIDDING ME??????

What your post SHOULD have said is:

"Hey folks, sorry to interrupt you from your regularly scheduled opiate threads, but I just wanted to let you all know to not be a nincompoop like me and take 300mg of Tramadol with no tolerance and without educating myself on the risks of this drug before consuming it. I recklessly took 12 times the recommended starting dose of this drug and unfortunately experienced a life-threatening seizure. I think I'm okay now, but I scared the shit out of my friends and family and I don't plan on doing this again, and wanted to be humble and share my serious miscalculation with all of you so it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Tramadol has the potential to be a great pain reliever for those who need it, and take it as prescribed. Just because I am unable to follow directions (or even read any in the first place) doesn't mean this drug is nasty or cheap or ineffective. This is just what could potentially happen when you abuse a drug."

Officially THE BEST response I have ever read. F****ng excellent :-D

idk why tramadol is starting to become more and more common lately too. i bet it has something to do with the USA trying to limit the oxycodone/hydrocodone scripts lately. they dont seem to care to understand the drugs completely but just instead switch from one to the next until something else happens.

like oh... people are abusing hydro/oxycodone?? well lets switch all the heavy use patients to morphine and stronger opioids,and especially the medium-lower use patients to codeine and tramadol so stupid. its like they want people to get sick, and "learn their lesson" and they want to believe it was only the hydrocone/oxy that was the problem. as if u cant get super blasted off of abusing ms-contin instead of oxycontin... ugh stupid ass gov, fda, doctors, and everything...

sry just had to add that. i do kind of think tramadol is a crappy drug. people have died from taking one 50mg ultram, or taking one extra by accident when actually taking them as directed. so its not exactly a great drug. seriously intense w/d no matter abusing or taking as directed.

ive used tramadol several times, never without a pre existing opiate dependence, and haven't ever gone over 250-300 mg at once. and try to stay under 500 mg for a 24 hours period. ive avoided any issues with that.

I'm with you there, slum. I stupidly and naively took tram for 6 months @ 400mg daily - as instructed by my doctor, it was only when I missed a dose that I came to realise the severity of my situation. 1 & a 1/2 years later I'm still no closer to being off it. Tram changed me from a confident, happy, chilled out person to a reclusive, unsociable, now-panic-attack-prone addict. I'm f*****g fuming at my doctor!!

I keep repeating:

Stay the fuck away from Tramadol. It is a dangerous and sketchy drug.

A lot of people will come in and say they've taken it for years with no problems, but the truth of the matter is a disproportionate number of users have severe side effects (seizures, serotonin syndrome, etc) compared to any other opioid on the market.

No, the guy taking it as prescribed for pain at 50mg 3x daily likely won't have a problem (but he could), however people seeking a high from the drug routinely take 200mg or more at once, and that's a disaster waiting to happen. The daily limit being 400mg was never intended to be taken in one dose. You do the math.

And I haven't even mentioned the horrific withdrawal it brings which is completely disproportionate to its relatively weak strength. Just a horrible drug that does shit for pain for most, and yet doctors push it off as a "safe" alternative to "true" narcotics. Lawlz...been there, done that.

There's been a few times where I've felt close to feeling what I can only describe as a possible start of a seizure....never had one though so I may be wrong. I know one thing, it DEFINITELY has higher respiratory depression properties than we are lead to believe though. I've been rushed to hospital 3 times as my wife was so scared I was going to stop breathing.....it's horrible stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.